Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 343 of 542 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 342 343 344 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Neat, Honchey! Someone had fun building that in the snow.

Watching Jason Brown and Kevin Reynolds skate on the ice in the Olympias Wow.

Today I stripped...TW strips for the four corners...for king size. 31 strips of each color of brown...and 62 of the Kona butter...and its beginning to emerge into its pattern:Name:  1-DSCN0129.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  132.8 KBName:  1-DSCN0128.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  163.4 KBSnowballs and 54-40 star.

NinaSue that is going to a gorgeous quilt, love the colours, well done. Is this for someone special or are you keeping it.
    Karen

It is a wedding quilt present that should have been gifted about ten years ago, to DH nephew and wife...king size, so it will take a while to do. You all helped in selecting the colors; and I appreciate that. Its nice to have a big stash, so I could give three choices, and surprise, JanRN moved one pile into another and its seems to work very well. And Janie wanted to have a 'buddy' doing the TW, so it all worked out...like it was meant to be. Thanks for the kind comment, Mirabelle.

QNS...I have some of that same rusty, swirly print and loved how it worked up. Goes so well with the blues.
    Honchey...great photo of the neighborhood. I bet they had a yard full of lookers!
    Dubib...hope it goes well with the Dr today and you get to feeling better.
    Carrie...my DH has always had Apple products and loves them. Hope you find your new one a delight and not too much trouble to get used to.
    Jeanie...I only say this because of the drought....hope you are getting rained on this week!
    mirabelle....you can literally keep track of the health of your community.
    Anael...enjoyed the Dutch showing in the speed skating. Do you skate?
    Minus 3 this morning but sunny and beautiful out. I have a BOM at the LQS this afternoon but will have to see if I can get in and out of the yard. The tractor used for moving snow won't start so DH has been driving back and forth with his 4x4 pickup just to pack the snow and it has made it rough and rutty. The actual driveway is very steep and it took me three tries Saturday to get back into the yard. The main roads are icy and snow covered in places since we got a couple more inches of snow by Sunday morning. I've almost talked myself into staying home! Have a good day, all!

GGal ... Gooooooooo, it will do you good to get away from the effects of winter and enjoy some quilty time with your friends! Might even make it all a little more bearable? About the same temperature here this morning ..... again!

QNSue ... I really like those two rusts as well and they go so nicely with the blue. Is the light a white? or a pale blue? Looks like it will work up quickly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

GG, I used to skate when I was young but I can't anymore.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

QuiltE, the fabric you referred to is a light aqua or turquoise blue. Thank you for your kind comments.

OK, I have been sitting in Bob C. chair this morning, trying to finish out all the data I need for Income Tax preparation in March...namely our mortgage company who failed to sent needed info to me and they claim they had...but with another phone call in two weeks, I will have the info I need. It's soooooo hard to wait on the other guy, and go by their timeline. So now I think I am ready to into the quilt room , having taken a splinter out of DH thumb and he is back working on the shelves in the garage pantry.

Everyone stay warm and comfortable today.

Blog Entries
    I received my block from Mirabelle today, it really looks great with all the other blocks that I have received from all of the ladies on this journey. Thank you very much Mirabelle. It has really been great to be friends with all of you.
    Her block is called North Country from Quiltmakers 100 blocks Volume 5.
    Name:  monday 005.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  1.55 MB
    Now all 12 blocks together
    Name:  monday 007.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  1.90 MB
    Here is a picture of what I have been working on lately
    Name:  monday 009.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  1.38 MB
    This is all embroideried blocks done by DIL for her DS & DDL. I really thought all of these colors wouldn't work together but they have. All I need to do is quilt the borders and put the binding on. Then I can do more for myself.
    This is a quilt that I finished 2 weeks ago, it was a mystery by Judy on QB. This is the first really scrappy that I have done. All of mine have been in the same color family of blue & purples.
    Name:  monday 002.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  1.54 MB
    GrannyQ

Beautiful, beautiful, and more beautiful. Lovely MB block, lovely set of MBs, and lovely quilts, of the hearts and the scrappy quilt. Lots of 'eye' candy, GrannyQ. Wow! You have gone for the Gold there!

GrannyQ I am so happy that you liked the block, wow they look great together and will make a wonderful memory quilt for you.
    Love the hearts and also the mystery quilt, a girl after my own heart with a love of purple
    Karen

GrannyQ and MiraB ... what a lovely block for the finale!

GrannyQ ... My goodness you have been busy, and everyone a beauty unto itself. You are going to have a fantastic quilt with all your MBs.

Blog Entries
    My My such a wonderful grouping of blocks. I'm anxious to see how you will put them together. The Mystery quilt and heart quilts look great. Glad to know you are able to keep quilting

Quilt guild cancelled tonight due to extreme cold. So I watched a disappointing BB game instead. They lost big time--Ups and downs of life I guess. My hexi presentation will be given in April. With no quilting fix I created my own. In a big bag of scraps my friend gave me some scraps of this fabric. Aren't these little paper dolls sweet?
    Name:  PD fabrci.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  280.6 KB
    Now what can I do with them? How about this? The blocks measure 1 1/2 x 2 in finished.
    Name:  PD with center.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  138.9 KB
    I have just enough of the green dot to make a border and use the lighter pink in the center for the binding.
    Name:  PD with green border.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  131.8 KB
    Last edited by oksewglad; 02-10-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... Oh My Goodness ... that is just so adorable!!!!
    Me-thinks you are going to have some Grands FIGHTING over it!
    After all your prep work, it's too bad that Guild was cancelled ... glad you turned it into a fun quilty night for yourself. That is just too darned sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks!!!I'm in love with it!!! Original plan was to donate it, now not so sure. 'Night.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I did spend most o' taday at the Imagin' Center. Got my CAT scan but won't know the results for quit a couple o' days. I didn't feel like doin' anythin' after I got some food in me, so I just sat in this chair for quit a bit. I couldn't believe how cold I got after that scan. I don't know why I was so cold but I was. I shivered for about 20 min.s. After I was home for a bit Dh brought the mail in & I got my MB from Hounchy. Oh man it's purdy. I'l post a pict later but just wanted ya ta know that I got it in.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Oh my gosh Oksewglad those blocks are just too cute for words, the pink and green are a perfect match, I am sure this one will be hard to part with.

Dublb hope you feel better soon, take care..
    Karen

Good Morning All!
    The sun is a shining .... and it's cccccccold.
    Yup, nothing new!!

OKSGlad ...
    I think you should donate it ........ to yourself! About time you keep one! And what better than one that makes you smile?? And no doubt will make others smile too. Perhaps put it next to Bob C's desk to give you a smile amidst the number crunching? Or right out in full view, in the kitchen for never ending sunshine?

DublB ... While it's not nice being not-well, it is nice to see that you have had a CT scan so quickly. Take care.

Another day of sit and wait!
    ... for the satellite dish guy (again!!!) and window measuring guy.
    Guess that means I will "have to" do some hand stitching.
    Aw Shucks

OK, that's a beauty ! ! ! ITA with QuiltE, donate it to yourself

GrannyQ, wonderful block you got from Mirabelle! And such gorgeous quilts, I love them all! !

Anael ... wooohooooooooo!!!!!!!! for your Nederland Skating Twins sandwiched by another countryman yesterday. Amazingly Awesome sweep!!!!!

I am really short on time this morning and shouldn't even be on the computer, but I took a peek and just had to reply.

Wow to GrannyQ and OK. What lovely work. OK , Love the colour combination for your dolls, the polka dots and swirls are perfect together. I vote for you to keep it, too.

GrannyQ your MB quilt is fantastic. Like your quilting on the Judy Mystery quilt. It is really well done.

Bev, Hope you are feeling better soon and they figure out what is wrong.

Busy day for me, hope I can get back on tonight to see more gorgeous pictures .... Have a good one everybody.

QuiltE, and knowing the 'other countryman' wasn't happy at all because he didn't win the gold medal!!!!!

This machine has been on Craigs List for about 3 weeks.
    http://odessa.craigslist.org/art/4298719704.html
    I was thinkin' about buyin' it for my DSis but didn't like the price. After it hadn't sold I did some investigatin' & found out that it was a wonderful machine. Then I called the seller & wouldn't ya know it she didn't call me back. I guess she sold it. Well I was told that Janome made one for Sears. So I went lookin' at the Sears website. Man that is the most frustratin' web site ta navigate through! I continued lookin' at different places & even got DH in on the act! Well he discovered that it was discontinued but found this successor.
    http://www.amazon.com/Janome-DC2012-.../dp/B007JBQYQM
    He then bought it for me & I'll give my DSis one o' my machines. He said happy B-day & Valentines Day. (MY b-day is in April.)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Anael ... yes ... you could see he thought he had won it and then his huge disappointment!

DublB ... looks like you have a nice early birthday present ... but did you need another in the herd?

Service guys have been and gone ... and I have the hearts finished.
    (photo will follow in a day or so)

Took me long enough to post this one ...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post6568980

What a keep your DH is; wonderful Valentine gift and (B-day). You will love your new machine; may you have many happy hours using the machine, Dublb. Good luck in your reports back to you.

Dublb he's a keeper for sure, hope you are feeling a little better
    Karen

Page 343 of 542 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 342 343 344 353 393 443 ... LastLast