Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 443 of 542 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 442 443 444 453 493 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,075 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Nice gift Bev! Treasure your mom, mine has been gone 15 years!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

HUGGS Jeanie. My DM is all I have left as far as elders goes. In the last 10 years, I have lost my DGDad, DDad, DFIL, DMIL & last year my DGM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

DD has re-organized my computer and smart phone. Great news, except I have to learn an all new system on how to print, etc., changed my gmail address because I cannot remember passwords unless I write them down and then remember where I wrote it down. But I am still smart enough to relearn what I am doing on the high tech phone and computer according to her...

Then she tells me how much I have failed with age; and the things I cannot do anymore. How much the house has run downhill to what it used to be. This is after I cooked two big meals yesterday, and did all the dishes., etc., She leaves tomorrow. I think I can continue to smile.... I remember DGM doing her own thing at 83 in her own home. DD has not been around that many seniors to know what they can or cannot do. Yes, respect your elders because someday you may be there yourself!

I did try to 'flour' chicken drumsticks in Potato Starch flour, gluten free, and make the gravy with soy milk and chicken broth for lunch so DD could eat with the family meal free of things she could not eat. Not my way of cooking, but not too bad. Not too good.

Blog Entries
    As one can imagine I have been on the phone calling family with the good news...because our siblings live from NM to PA down to NC and parts in between we end up talking for an hour or so.. Little Maeve arrived home...wonder how the first two nights went..lots of close family nearby so they have plenty of support.

Haven't been sewing..made a big pot of beef stew yesterday..took most of it to a friend's house for any family that would be home for her MIL's funeral. Visited for a while...the cold,wet,windy weather made soup the perfect choice.

Have been decluttering the office...tossing fin records from +10 years ago...consolidated binders and emptied 4 big 3 ring binders...shelf has more room, but afraid it will fill up quickly, but office will be easier to move around in.

Have been covering my plants at night..was in the high 20's...beer...Little lettuce and broccoli appreciated the extra cover.

Have a good weekend all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

DH got the water row pots from Amazon and his tomato plants are loving it outside in the mornings frost and freezes. Hope it did not hurt the fruit trees in the orchard but we will see. Setting out more gooseberries, thornless dewberries, four dwarf cherry pie trees, and three new peach trees. He is also mowing the lawn and trimming it which will take a couple of days.

I am putting the quilt room back together like before company came and trying to get organized. Tomorrow is errand day and Wednesday as well. We never did find where DGS put his winter coat...what a mystery. He did bond well with the inside cat and she with him. She thought his remote control Jeep was a wonderful thing to chase after. SIL did his wonderful BBQ of steaks and hamburgers. Sent them home with enough frozen meat and vegetables to do a month or two and canned jars of meat. No room left for the fruit. Next time.

Everyone have a good week... good luck in your travels, Anne.

Hi Everyone, Just got done with putting the binding on the stars quilt..

DH put the suitcases out and that's as far as I got...We've been winding down on the eating out and finishing up on whatever's in the fridge...The rest of the stuff is condiments, etc and will hold until we come back in June...DH also says that I'm busier here than up home..He's right
    Good to hear from everyone... I'll be checking in later in the week..Have a good one all. H.

Does anyone have Laura Hird's new book yet? Fons and Porter has advertised it.

Spring must have everyone busy. Have a good week.

Hi Nina and All, I just looked at the Amazon website and the book is available, they also have a sneak peek and I'm liking what I saw... Bright colors and set on point and the blocks are cute too.. Much different from the first 2 books..Laurie is selling her books herself for $23 with priority shipping included...this would be for a signed copy..

Anyone interested???

I have her address and will send my letter of purchase out tomorrow. Also shipping a package to OK for the newborn there...what a wonderful gift they have received with another grandchild.

Shipping DGS his box 'sample' cereal back to him and books to friend in southern Mo...along with a couple more letters I hope to complete to mail by then...catchup time on everything. Ripped the 'wholly' quilt apart, packed it away. Back to nine patch to finish border.

I just sent Patrice a PM requesting permission for a new thread for the quiltalong..

will have to decide on the particulars for it...how many per week , month etc.. Name for the quiltalong..etc..
    will need input from participants and when to start...will need some time to get the books..H.

YAY, a new ride!!!! I knew there was a reason I got all those charms from MSQC!!!
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-28-2015 at 08:24 AM.

* Strawberry Cheesecake Lush *
    •1 package Golden Oreos (36 cookies)
    •6 tablespoons butter, melted
    •8 ounces softened cream cheese
    •1 cup powdered sugar
    •1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
    •2 packages (3.4 ounce each) instant cheesecake pudding mix
    •3 cups milk
    •3 cups sliced strawberries

Instructions
    1. Crush the entire package of Oreos. A food processor would work great for this - I don't have one, so I just placed my cookies in a gallon sized Ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin. When the cookies are fine crumbs, transfer them to a large bowl and mix in 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Press the cookie mixture into a 9x13 pan and refrigerate while you prepare the remaining layers.
    2. Next, beat together 1 cup of powdered sugar, the cream cheese, and 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over your cookie layer.
    3. For the next layer, mix together the pudding mix, milk, and another 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
    4. Layer the sliced strawberries on top, and spread the remaining Cool Whip on top.
    5. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

I pre-orderded Laurie's book from Amazon awhile back. Just got notice that it will ship around June 12. Is she shipping copies earlier?
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Thanks to Honchey and JeanieG I have the address and she will ship in the middle of May...23.00 for signed copy.

Hi Jan, I believe her copies are to arrive mid May... How are you enjoying your retirement???
    From the photos in the book I noticed she used 30"s& 40's fabrics & some very bright ones too...I will only have to buy background fabric..no scrappy whites for this one...
    Last edited by Honchey; 04-29-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Hey Ya'll. I am in Brady. DH figured out how ta do a "Hot Spot." I am worried about how much Data this willuse so I am bein' careful.
    Monday we got here at about 3:00 & I immediately planted some o' the Irises that we had dug up from the Midland house. They had over grown one bed. They are deer resistant so should do well here. Yesterday was a bit on the cool side so we watched movies & I sewed. Taday is gonna be nicer so we will mow & plant the rest o' the Irises. Their tubers are wrapped in wet news paper.
    Anne; Please send me some info on how ta git the book from Laurie herself. I'd love ta at least git the book.
    Bev

Forward email to you Dublb. Laurie did say she had only so many copies, so I sent my request in today.

Ok, package (large envelope) will arrive on Friday.

HyVee has strawberries on sale, and they taste so good! In Texas, we had HEB grocery stores. Don't know where others of you go. What-a-burger of Texas how I miss you.

It's Thursday very early morning and I'm done packing... just have to get it into the car.. have to go to sleep first

I want to stop at a quilt shop in Maryland ....probably Friday on the second leg of our trip home...shutting off the cp in about 5 minutes...see you on Friday evening.. Have a good couple of days and think about all the blocks we'll be making in the following weeks after we all get the book!!! H.

Hello All!

Well, we made it through the graduation party last weekend and have been getting things picked up/put away this week. Planned well on food so didn't have too much left...that was nice. The house is extra clean and the shop too. I get to spend some time sewing (FINALLY!) today. I got my machine set up yesterday. I have paper/fabric cut for 24 blocks all ready to go on DDs quilt...yep still working on that...it's been since my retreat in March since I've done any sewing.

I am looking forward to seeing Laurie's new book! Not sure on what type of fabrics I'll use...I am thinking maybe just choosing 3-4 prints and then a light colored background fabric.

Have a safe trip Honchey!

I don't go ta HEB very much. We have such a big HEB in Midland & it is soooooo very busy! They are gonna open up another one soon. Maybe it won't be so crowded after that. Albertsons has real nice strawberries! Yes I now live just down the street from Whataburger. Actually 5 years ago I found a dog in front o' Whataburger. She looked like a Lab puppy & had an expensive huntin color on. I thought I could find her owners. Nope. We now have a 5 yro /white/yellow Lab that weighs 100 lbs.
    Carrie! I am so glad that ya git ta sew again & stop by ta see us! I can't wait ta see your DD's quilt.
    Bev

Carrie, it was nice hearing from you; good luck on finishing DD's quilt.

Dublb, I remember Albertson's on the way to work. HEB often builds new stores, like Wal Mart, to use up their profits instead of paying so much taxes. Enjoy Brady, and planting the Iris bulbs. Except Wal Mart has a independent company built their stores and leases the land and building from them.

Hope you had a good trip back to NJ, Honchey. Sent GrannyQ information on Laurie's newest book at her request. Keeping her in my prayers.

You all have a great day....1st of May.

Yesterday, my DM & I went ta Giddings ta take care o' my DGM's grave. We got all o' the arrangements started ta get the cement border & gravel ta cover the graves. It was a nice drive. Some Mother/Daughter time. We met DD & 2 DGK's there & ate lunch w/'em then we got our business done. Next we drove up ta Dime Box & checked out the grave. It was in much better shape than it was early March. Then I saw the Dime Box museum & talked my DM inta stoppin'. I just loved it. We also stopped & talked ta one o' my DM's cousin's. He didn't recognize her at first. LOL Anyway we are back in Brady now. Long day.
    Bev

Hi Guys, We didn't stay overnite anywhere 'cause we decided to avoid traffic and not go the way we normally do and the Hotel we tried to stay at was booked up so we arrived home last nite after 11 p.m. it was so cold in the house...My son didn't know we were arriving a day sooner so he didn't have a chance to up the thermostat...thank goodness the electric blanket was still on the bed..we also started a fire in the wood box. it's now 10:30 a.m. and I'm still tired..
    I'm working next week, Tuesday & Wednesday...Have to get my "fix"...can't wait to be in surroundings I so enjoy! I also got an extra 20% off in the mail..I'm sure I can find something to use it on..
    DH just walked in with warm cinnamon/raisin bagels and I'm verrry hungry..see y'all later..H.

ps. Just read the PM from Patrice..It's a go...New thread! start thinking about how many a week and the title of the thread..We will keep the PC one going..
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-01-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hi Carrie...this time of your life is so full..I remember it well and sneaking in "me time" is such a treat.

I have been keeping up on posts, but that's about all. Spring always busy when the sun shines. DH hauled two big skid steer buckets of cow lot dirt..I refilled and top dressed my garden beds with it one 5 gallon pail at a time..is it any wonder why I sleep well at night but wake with aching muscles....those. cinnamon rolls sound good about now, Honchey. Did you get enough for everyone to have with mid morning coffee?......

I have decided to pass on the sew along..don't have the other two done and don't want to start another UFO.. maybe I can sew along with blocks in the other quilts.....I'd hate to miss out on everyone's chatter.

Need to get back to work..going to pick up beef from the locker..we have been out of hamburger for a while and DH is craving a big juicy burger and bun. Also picking up oil filter and new lawn mower blades so I can start that weekly chore..ugh.....Must also keep an eye on the mailbox. :-)
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Ok, You are soooo busy and with all you do it's no wonder if you were to sleep for 2 days straight!!!
    I don't remember seeing anything about not being able to follow along. You could be our "chief Advisor"! It might be a good incentive for you to finish a few more things relating to the "other" two.. I also haven't finished my first two... although it would be a good incentive for me to finish or at least work on them.
    Good to hear from you Carrie..You too are a very busy person.

I'm off to the newly opened Shoprite. I'm sure they have lots of specials going on....Later..H.
    Last edited by Honchey; 05-01-2015 at 09:35 AM.

I was able to get 10 more blocks done for DDs quilt...just 14 left.

Honchey, do we know how many blocks and what size they are in the new quilt? How many blocks/week were done for the other two FW quilts? It's been a while so I don't remember.

Page 443 of 542 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 442 443 444 453 493 ... LastLast