Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 393 of 542 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 392 393 394 403 443 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info Carrie/Jeanie. I'm checking it out, but I think I want the other 2 done before I tackle another one.
    Oh QNS, when it rains it pours.....
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Hi Everyone, Lovely quilt for your nephew Mirabelle... Ok, What does the barn person have to do??? You are a lucky GM to have girls to pass on your gift of sewing knowledge..My son believed he was having girls until the boys were actually born...He would always say..Mom this time it's a girl for you!!!!
    QNS, I'm actually looking forward to this trip..I worked three days in a row..Monday was a long day for me 11 hours including traveling time...I decided to visit my sister in DE and that's where I am right now..I'll be going home on Saturday then pack for the long trip next week... I just downladed House #6 for the Xmas quiltalong....

I signed on for a swap here on the board for 2.5"candies and one for 1.5" stamps fot the Yahoo group... I'm out of the "candies" and almost out of the "stamps"...
    I have been sewing my little pieces at work and will have to have a big bunch done before the assembly part.

I'm very curious about this new book from Laurie.. wondering about what size the blocks will be??? We've all been wandering like the 12 tribes of Israel...might be the right time for a get together??? food for thought...

Here's a photo of the cubby/craft table that was gifted to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Honchey; 08-06-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    What a perfect take a long table....

Productive sewing time at work

Oh barn person....has to help with the milking. Usually prepping cow's teats with dip (peroxide based cleanser) and then wiping it off ("getting her ready" is the term we use). Putting milker on for the older kids. Then when cow is done, post dipping with an iodine based dip to prevent the cow from getting mammary infection (aka mastitis). 104 cows twice a day.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

MiraB ... that's one amazing little quilt! A great mix of fabrics and ITA the yellow is a nice touch with the purples.

JeannieG + CarrieM ... Thanks for the heads up about Laurie's new book. Ironically, I was just thinking of her the other day, and that we had not heard from her for some time. When she was last here, she seemed to speak as though there would not likely be any more books, so this is somewhat of a surprise.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Honchey, what a cute gifted table...looks the right size for the Accurate cutting machine.

Oksewglad, I would be counting cows in my sleep, instead of sheep...104 twice a day...would mean we would never finish, it would take us around the clock to keep up with the herd of that size. No time to do anything else.

A new fifty gallon water tank came with the Geo thermal system, and it takes a second one...did not trust the eight yr old tank, so we elected to buy the second one with cash...$$$ and recycled the old one to a quilting friend in Kirksville who is moving her quilting shop to a different location and needed one...and it was the right price...free. Very anxious to see our electric bill at the end of the month. Hope its less than usual; the cool air is so constant without any noise...can hardly believe its working. Hot water is not as hot as we would like, but dealing with that slowly, getting used to the new system that will out last our lifetime. Insurance coverage went up several thousand $$$$$ to cover replacement in case of fire.

DH wanted fresh peaches for us to can, so I found them at less than a dollar per pound...and they came home with us. They passed his trial eating of one and he loves them. So he is happy Also have fresh strawberries and blueberries for him to whip up in his Ninja. Will pick up our nine dozen ears of sweet corn on Friday to process and freeze. There is room in the freezer, since we have been using the food out of both freezers.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    JeannieG + CarrieM ... Thanks for the heads up about Laurie's new book. Ironically, I was just thinking of her the other day, and that we had not heard from her for some time. When she was last here, she seemed to speak as though there would not likely be any more books, so this is somewhat of a surprise.
    I thought the same thing QuiltE, I remember her saying that! I think maybe she had a lot more of the letters that she decided to publish, and of course there are numerous blocks that she could use. She has also the experience now of putting out two beautiful books, so maybe it was not as much work to put it all together. If it is like her other two books, I know it will be great!
    Last edited by JeanieG; 08-06-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks for the info. I'd definitely be interested in another group endeavor. I've missed the meetings at the virtual RV with yinz!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Oh I'm so excited about the new book. Do ya'll think I might git my PC done before that? I'd love ta somethin' w/ya'll again.
    I'm gonna head outta town tamarra. Goin' ta a Loretta Lynn concert in San Antonio. THe gonna take a buss tour & see a bunch o' historic stuff. Takin' my DM & meetin' my DD.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Mirabelle, big HUGS to you on this National Day of Mourning in Australia
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Yes, indeed.

More {{{{HUGS}}}} to you MiraB.
    Even in not knowing any, I am sure you feel the loss knowing that so many from your country are gone ... and to know that the search has been discontinued for the time being.

Only one Canadian, though I cannot help but feel a sadness, for this one and his family's tragic loss.

I am sure Anael, that while you and your country had your Day of Mourning earlier, it continues with such an overwhelming loss of lives, for such a senseless reason. And now for the search to be suspended, I think it has hit me even more. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you too.

All while we remember the start of WWI .......
    Has there been any progress in 100 years?
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-07-2014 at 04:48 AM.

I agree with you, Jan. We've sort of kept on touch but nothing like the weekly "assignment". I might even consider using 30s fabric. Not my favorite just now but working with them might change that just like the CW fabrics. Has anyone seen the new "Richmond Reds" by Barbara Brackman? They had some "teaser" precuts in one of the shops
    last week. Very nice!

Blog Entries
    Oh thanks, Ggal! Just what I needed to see--I'm trying to downsize my stash not add to it and these would fit in so well........
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

I've been doing so many scrappy quilts hoping to use up what I have. I don't have a large stash but it's no smaller! Like guppies, it multiplies! Please DO NOT show JanRn any new fabric lines!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    I've been doing so many scrappy quilts hoping to use up what I have. I don't have a large stash but it's no smaller! Like guppies, it multiplies! Please DO NOT show JanRn any new fabric lines!!!!!
    Same here, Jan. I've been using bigger cuts (2 1/2") and then have trims, which fit into my small and tiny bins..........Working with some 3/4" pieces now--now trimmings from them I throw...... I've been purging some tiny bits too. Realistically I won't use all those triangles that measure an inch on a short side. Have an empty drawer now for.......?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

New fabric, OK!!! There's a quilting law that says no drawer shall be left empty.

Blog Entries
    ....or maybe I can fill it with some of my itty bitty blocks that are simmering once again.

Just to show you I haven't been blowin' smoke here's a few pics
    1. Quilt Tea--Over 600 9P, 400 4P and can't remember how many 2" neutral squares
    Name:  Quilt tea brewing.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  232.7 KB
    2. Summer mini for my friend Elaine who made potato salad for 100 for rehearsal cookout
    Name:  Summer Mini for.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  141.8 KB
    3. Rainbow Challenge--Red heart dove quilt for January fundraiser for school.
    Name:  Dove  red hearts.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  177.1 KB
    4. 2" scrap quilt--each block looks sort of like this--16 blocks total. Need to cut the sashing out of the blue. Two color options for outer border.
    Name:  2 in scrap border 1.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  214.2 KBName:  2 in scrap red border.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  192.2 KB
    5. Scrappy brights. Have 48 of these 4" blocks finished. Plan to use a black/white border around each block and then a 2nd scrappy border of brights--working on the borders.
    Name:  Scrappy brights.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  277.2 KB
    6. Certifiably nuts quilting. This thread got me off on another tangent
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t251360.html
    So I made a brooch too.Name:  Tiny block.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  92.7 KB. Meanwhile working on these little minis for Hospital fundraiser in September. Auditioning purple fabric to finish the 9P motif; plan to stitch "Faith" on the onsaberg tan fabric. And starting on some Courthouse step blocks. Have another round and a half to go on this one.
    Name:  9P mini--Faith.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  318.6 KBName:  Courthouse step mini block.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  74.0 KB

That's all folks!!!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Awesome work OK! Wow, you do keep busy with those tiny little blocks!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thank you Anael and QuiltE, it has been hard to watch the news reports, there were two Doctors on that flight from my hometown. Yes I don't think much has changed in 100 years.

Oksewglad what beautiful minis
    Karen

You're welcome MiraB ... I'm sure that you and Anael could do with a lot of {{{HUGS}}} right now.
    I am sure that both of you are hearing so much thru the media, and feeling it, just the same.
    Blessings to the ID teams ... 23 identified now ... and one of them our sole Canadian.
    What a task for them to do.

Gosh OKSGlad ... you sure on fire at the machine lately! Beautiful work ... and OMG ... already doing your January school fundraisers!

Moi? ... I got started quilting my latest Spike topper tonight. Have to get it finished this weekend, before life really becomes turmoil! Or maybe I should say, more turmoil?

Sad news indeed Mirabelle and Ansel. I am sure they will be missed.

Ok, what lovely beginnings to your Mini quilts just to 'tease' us....I have learned new respect for your Mini creations and the time it takes to do one.

I am doing sweet corn today. DH is letting me so slow and do it all my way. . . the right way. I am just blanching the ears and freezing them. They will taste like they came in from the garden patch this winter.. No, we did not grow it; my favorite sweeet corn farmer did. It tastes incredible therefore its name...paid for nine dozen and he gave me almost twelve dozen.

Dh is doing it again...when he is in charge, he does things his way, sometimes just to spite me and show me he can even though we have discussed otherwise. He threw away my four wonderful beets from the garden on the West counter, like he did a fresh frozen chicken and rack of pork ribs earlier this summer. He was 'cleaning up' both times and lacked the time to 'wait' to check with me. I fail to understand the 'why' of it, when I bend backwards just to please him. I even had moved the meat to the middle island and he moved it back and then threw it away. I totally hate such waste of good food... and his ham and beans are cooking on the stove while I process the corn...I will not stoop to his level of thinking...I fail to understand his way of thinking...if you can call it thinking.

OK I got cross-eyed looking at those minis--too cute. I've done a few pp 4" blocks, I'm most comfortable making 6" blocks. The 12" blocks for Carrie's 50 Fab Stars seem huge!

QNS, don't mean to laugh at your DH but at least he's there and he's trying to help. I asked MrJanRn to empty the dishwasher the other day as I left for work. When I came home, half of the items were on the counter--he says "I didn't know where they went". Excuse me? We've only lived here for 30 years and they've always been in the same place! Oh well--gotta love them! They try.

Glad you laughed, JanRN. Yes, he 'helps' me...in fact, he helped me finish up on freezing the corn today...and putting it into the freezer. Now we are both exhausted. Clean up in the morning.

Made him a special batch of soft, no cook cookies that he can eat without teeth. No milk, no flour, no eggs. Started with four very ripe bananas, little dash of lemon juice, coconut flakes, honey, peanut butter, confectioner sugar and three cups of Old fashioned rolled oats cut up in quick chopper, and refrigerated over night to 'set'. Rolled the dough into small 'balls' and put on tray in freezer to freeze for storeage in a plastic bag. Planned to roll them in a bowl of confectioner sugar, but he said they were sweet enough. As long as they sweeten him up, everything will be Ok. LOL!

Hey, has anyone else had a great Sunday????? Waiting to hear from YOU...

Blog Entries
    To be honest--no, did not have a great Sunday. Have a flu bug chasing us here...really don't even want to think about sewing..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Yes, nice weather - low 80's! Also getting ready for our monthly camping trip tomorrow. I'm making a Caramel Apple Cake to share (yum).

Page 393 of 542 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 392 393 394 403 443 493 ... LastLast