Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 542 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Yay Ggal! I will be looking for them.

I have 5 sets of blocks here (counting mine) so far. I think there are 4 more sets that have been or will be mailed tomorrow. This is a great start since these aren't due for another month. You will all like these blocks...everyone's done a great job.

QE--you posted your reply while I was typing mine...got interrupted taking cookies out of the oven. I really like your rail fence quilt...what are the finished dimensions? Your quilting looks good to me.

Sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone with the telephone fabric!

JanieW ... THANK YOU!!! ?"?' They all seem to be with me again now ... will remember you trick the next time! Maybe somehow, I am doing the same thing and creating the problem?? I'm having some other problems too, but trying to not ask too many questions ... and hoping to sort it out with more experience in this new land of updated programs! I HATE updates! So please do tell us ... how has your Pony Club Quilt come along? And please, share some pics!!!

CarrieM ... And what kind of cookies are we going to enjoy tonight?
    OOPS! guess I didn't give many details!!
    The strips were all 1", so 1/2" finished. The finished quilt is 13-1/2" square!
    Thanks for the kind words on the quilting. However, I really don't know how right I am doing it or not. Just doing it and stumbling along!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Hey JanieW (Wavin' from TX) How are ya??? What have ya been makin' recently? How are your PC blocks comin'? (I've got more than 3/4 ta do still.) Boy have I missed ya. We all have.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QE, your li'le rail fence is so darlin'. Wow that had ta be a lotta tiny pieces.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

QuiltE, your quilt is lovely! Such tiny strips, I thought mine were small (1 1/4 " unfinished).

Here strange things happen too with my computer, specially when my kitty decides to put her behind on the keyboard I've had everything upside down or left/right instead of top/bottom
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Ok this post is important....have I got your attention...

This is my 1000th post

Didn't know I had that much to say

Carriem I love your little clutches and how about sending some cookies this way, mmmm cookies to go with my coffee, perfect partnership...
    You are so lucky to get the first peek at the BB's, we are all waiting patiently (well not all of us) I can't wait to get my precious package.

QuiltE I love your Rail Fence, I once made a Log Cabin and all the strips finished at 1/4 inch. I just tried to find it but couldn't, now that will bug me and I will have to pull the linen cupboard apart on the weekend.

I love watching Missouri Star Quilt Co tutorials, they have such great ideas, I have made one of their quilts, gee where is that one,,oh, I remember DD got it.

Have been at my embroidery club all day, not long arrived home and now it is time to cook dinner. Fish and salad yum...

Anael I am sure whatever you decide for the final borders of your quilt will look fantastic.
    Karen

Yes mirabelle, you got my attention Congrats on your 1000th post though you'll never beat QuiltE LOL LOL

I'm trying to catch up with my Barbara Brackman blocks today. Tomorrow I will visit my DDIL and have to run errands so no quilting tomorrow.

Oh I just thought of something. You can send her a free E-card through the hospital website. Would you do that? She knows you're all praying and wishing her and the babies all the best. I think it would be great to have some cards of my virtual friends. Just tell me what you think and if so I'll give you the link to the website and tell you what to do. BTW: she doesn't speak English but the rest of us do so that's no problem. We will translate for her.

I forgot to mention, the cards will be actually printed and delivered to her so she can hang them on her wall

Anael I would love to send her an e-card, but make sure you give me good instructions

My Grandmother was Danish, her maiden name was Neilsen. She came to Australia as a very young child in the early 1900's. She didn't talk much about her heritage which is sad, and I only learned as a teenager that my Grandfather was born in Lausanne Switzerland of Russian parents. they came to Australia in 1912.
    Karen

That indeed is sad mirabelle. Stories about heritage are so great (most of the time!). I asked my mom very often to write it down but she never wanted to, I have no idea why.

I will make instructions but have to figure out how to post it. Will be back

Instructions for sending a card:

this is the website:http://www.isala.nl/bezoeker/contact...s/default.aspx
    you pick a card and click on 'volgende' (if you want to see the card in close up click on 'vergroting'
    when you did everything right you're on the second step : stap 2 van 4: schrijf uw bericht meaning write your message in the textbox
    when you've done that click 'volgende'
    step 3:
    voorletters en naam patient: L.M. Schilperoort Kuiper
    geslacht patiŽnt: vrouw
    woonplaats patiŽnt: hengelo
    afdeling: verpleegafdeling A5
    uw naam: your own name

when you've done all that click on 'volgende'. You will see your card as it will be printed. Click on 'verstuur'
    your card will be send

I hope everything is clear, if not please tell me.
    Last edited by Anael; 01-18-2013 at 03:44 AM.

geeeesh! I've just been called a Chatty Cathy ......... again!!!
    (no, not the first time in my life!)

Anael
    ... oh this will be FUN and I'll be sure to do it, but not this morning. Will need to have my Dutch hat on to try to understand the language! A few posts and then I am *poof* for the day! I forget your mini, or did you show it to us? Please do so again!!! No kitty here to cause my computer problems!!

DublB ... Thanks!! I'll let you do the count. I've only kept track of #s when doing my PC and FWS quilts.

MiraB ... Congratulations on your first millenium!! Looks like this thread will be celebratintg it's own millenium, very soon ... likely today the way this group chats. I have yet to get so small, with the 1/4" strips! I only wish and lookt to you, MiraB and our other own Queen of Minis, OKSGlad ... and too, Granny_59. I hope you didn't miss Granny's latest micro-mini finish. It`s astonishing! Good luck in your search and I`ll look forward to seeing your log cabin, perhaps when I get back tonight!

Family Lore ... Thanks for sharing MiraB. I can understand your wanting to know more. There is so many ways to trace the info via the internet now. Of course, that would take from your quilting time!!! As kids, we always had our family tree, and knew where our family originated from. Dads side Ireland and my maternal side from Scotland. Nothing too exciting in my roots! However, there were very few stories, which actually intrigues me more so than the geneology part. Perhaps that is because I dont have offspring of my own. I don;t know. ...........skipping question marks and apostrophes again ... have you noticed..................

JanieW ....... Pleeeeeeeease Helllllllllllllp me !!!! those blasted question marks are gone again! and Shift-Control is not working. Actually what it did was it wouldnt let the keyboard work at all. So I posted this and then came back to edit. IŤm able to type again, but as you can see the french characters are back again. Obviously must be something I am doing to create them. arrggghhhhhhh!!!!!

JeanieG ... I know you are our other resident computer geek. Thoughts… Suggestions…
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-18-2013 at 05:11 AM.

How great it is to read all the 'international' news on QB site this morning; truly amazing to communicate person to person on the PC trail and comes back around to home. Yes, Mirabelle, I live 2 hours from Missouri Quilt Company, and its on my list to see someday...I love their site on internet, seeing them at Quilt Shows, and their videos on U-tube.

I will copy your instructions, Aneal, and it give it a try...

Wow, Carrie, five different PCs have sent you their blocks!! Now we know the ones that get the job down quickly. I am in the virtual RV with chicken and noodles today....after a big breakfast of biscuits, eggs, meat, and gravy, not sure when we will want lunch or supper..need to be active to lose some calories from that breakfast!!

QuiltE, love the little quilt and its quilting looks perfect to me, but remember, I am blind in one eye!!!

QuiltE, I'm working on my log cabin blocks but as I said before I ran out of scraps so I have to make new scraps. So you couldn't have seen it yet as I didn't post anything
    If you follow the instructions you don't need to understand or translate anything (I hope) LOL.

The cards you make during this weekend will be delivered to her on Monday. They don't print cards on Saturday and Sunday so no hurry. It's great you're willing to do it. She doesn't know of course so it will be a big surprise!

Waiting on the vet to call me about my kitty. The results of the bloodworks weren't in this morning. I hope she will get them today.

QNS, yes it is amazing to talk to you all, not knowing you and being so far away. I often think about what life would be without computer!

Anael ... Oh silly me! yes I knew about your log cabin blocks. Then just show us what you have done!!! That'd be FUN. I just need to have my brain in gear to follow the bread crumbs you left .... and need to think of what to say. OK ... so you think that I am never at a loss for words, do you… (danged non-=question mark!) Well. I truly do get lost for words, lots of the time!! Good luck with your kitty-cat`s report from the vet.

QNSue ... remember I have my own vision problems too. I empathize with you for sure and keep you as my role model whenever I whimper and whine ... and just plunder along! I feel stuffed, just reading your breakfast!! ... is this your cooking day or your husband`s ENJOY and good luck in your sewing room today.

Anael instructions were very clear and easy to follow, e-card has been sent. I would love to see the look on her face when she receives these.

TIP. I did print the instructions and had it sitting in front of me, it made it very easy.

Time for me to go to bed now it is almost midnight
    Karen

I went to the site, and looked at the cards; not reading or understanding Dutch, I did not know what card to choose...are they all get well cards, wishing you well, or ? please advice, I do not wish to offend by selecting the wrong card!

Yes, QuiltE, life is what it is, not what we want it to be. Breakfast is a virtual one...not real. Too much work. Off to sewing room to work on dh bd gift of the pockets that hang over the edge of the bed. Dd says she still has hers that I made when she was a teenager, and that surprised me!! Dd is was a teenager more than a decade ago...years are flying by. Everyone have a good day!

Thanks so much mirabelle! Yes, I would love to see that too
    Sleep well and CU in the morning!

The vet just called, nothing wrong so no clue why she behaves like she does and is losing weight all the time, gaining some and losing it again. Monday we will put her on painkillers, see if that works.

Here are my log cabin blocks. I just pinned them to my design wall, it's not how it's going to be in the quilt. The pattern will be the same but it's 8 blocks square when finished with applique butterfly blocks in the middle.
    Name:  log cabin blocks (390 x 410).jpg
Views: 136
Size:  64.1 KB

QNS, yes they all are get well cards but some are not what you want to send. Text on the pizza card: we miss you; the one will all the colored lips: kisses for you and personally I wouldn't pick the ones with the blue or pink ladies. But that's up to you.
    She won't be offended, she knows you don't speak Dutch so that's no problem.

Hi Everyone,

Nice to hear from you, Bev. I've been puttering away at the PC and only have the last four to make. I haven't been on QB very much. Hope all is well with you.

Quilt E,
    I suspect that because your problem keeps coming back that your keyboard must be set to Canada .... thus the French characters. Try this:

Go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages tab > Change keyboards button

Remove all keyboards other than Canadian English > Apply > OK

Hope it works.

J

Hi Everyone, I'm back!!!! I promised myself no computer...anything...until I get most of the bbblocks in order and ready to finish...you have no idea how hard that was for me...no games...nothing!!! I'm almost finished with the placement and sewing of them..now to sew the sections together and then remove the paper and I will be done...cooked...I think I bit off more than I expected...every block is the same but different...

It took me awhile to read all the going's on here...Everyone is so busy....the weather here has been beautiful..sunny & warm...it changed to cold overnite but it's bright and sunny today....

I've been very lucky at Bingo lately...I have won every time...that's so unusual for me and I'm not going to complain.. I have a recipe for carrot cake that is so very good...I have to copy it and then I will post it for anyone that would like to have it...it has such a good flavor..is moist, dense and the icing is so smooth and the cake as a whole is not overly sweet. I can't wait to make it...
    QNS, I had an english muffin with butter and your jam and it was sooo good...best grape jam I ever had..Thanks so much...
    I have to go now...DH wants me to research golf clubs for him...Will check in later ...

Great to hear from you Honchey! After seeing a sneak peek of your blocks I would say they will be MUCH appreciated by all. I can't wait to see IRL!!

We are having a beautiful day...40*+ today! I will be spending my afternoon in the clubhouse...if I can' just stop messing around on the computer. Bye for now....

Carrot Cake

1 can (1 lb 4 oz.) crushed pineapple (recipe calls for pineapple in syrup but I prefer in natural juice)

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

4 eggs

1 lb. carrots shredded

1 cup raisins

2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. salt

Silky Frosting

Drain pineapple well. (Can be used as sweetener in beverages, cottage cheese and yogurt). Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in pineapple, carrots, raisins and vanilla.

Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Beat small amounts of dry ingredients into pineapple mixture until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 13 X 9 in. baking pan. Bake in 350 degree oven 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread with Silky Frosting. Makes 20 servings.

Silky Frosting

1pkg. (8 oz. Cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 tbsps. pineapple juice

1 & 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar (I don't sift - it's so messy and it doesn't seem to matter)

Cream the cheese and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the pineapple juice. Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar until the frosting is blended and smooth.

Enjoy!!

QuiltE - I agree with Janie, I think your computer is set to the wrong country/language.

Honchey - so glad to hear from you, I've copied the recipe, sounds wonderful!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 40 of 542 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast