Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Anael--I commented on the Rosie thread too, but still like seeing your quilt. When making this quilt my favorite block was and still is the one in the lower right corner. I wonder what it would look like if that block was used in a whole quilt? I bet the secondary pattern would look really neat....but then at the same time wonder if it would be way too busy!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Oooooooh Anael ... *drool* It's so beautiful that I can;t help but wonder WHY you waited so long???? (not like you had other things going on in your life!! ) So to start the year, are you going to quilt it tomorrow?

CarrieM ... I agree, it is a neat block and I am curious too. I have been known to take a block like that and photocopy a bunch of them, then tape together to see the results! I'll leave that one up to you! By chance is it on QuiltersCache, as I often go there, to see how blocks come together for a secondary pattern.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 AM

QuiltE, the outside points create a 4 pointed star much like the MB I sent you does...I think it would make a very pretty 4 block topper..but in my opinion for a whole quilt it would be so busy you wouldn't know where to rest your eyes..I could be wrong...

On a brighter note, I received my surprise package from QNS..cookies, fudge & a flower pin cushion and puzzle pattern... the cookies are sooo good!.. I ate two of them already...Thank You so much NINA..it was a wonderful gesture on your part...so generous!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Thanks ladies That block is called Mona's Choiche and I can't find it on Quilter's Cache unless it has another name which I don't know.

QuiltE, I totally forgot about Rosie. If Jan not had mentioned her Rosie I still wouldn't have thought about those blocks. I know it was on my UFO list but somehow I still forgot. And yes, I might quilt it tomorrow, don't know. Last finish for this year, first next year?
Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Still trying to figure out those boxes I mailed; numbers show that DD and Dublb got theirs, but they have not said so; cannot find out about JanRN or JeanieG yet because I guess I type the numbers in wrong.. Happy Honchey, that you like yours and you are the only person so far that spoke of the pin cushion although there were more sent out.

Late start this morning, trying to live out my New Year's Resolution early, I guess. You all have a safe New Year's Day.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM

QNS--we have been enjoying the cookies and fudge too. I got a pretty yellow flower pin cushion and also a pattern by This & That called "All the Trimmings"...looks like it will make a nice wallhanging or table topper for the holidays.

Inside chores are about done and I am heading to the clubhouse. Happy New Year to all!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Me I'm trying to get some EOY bookwork done; milk tester came this morning--he comes once a month to take milk weights on each cow and a sample of milk. The sample is then tested for butterfat, protein, and somatic cell count (a mastitis indicator). Information is all put into a spreadsheet and evaluated to give us monthly and yearly productions records. Just got the check written and off to him.
Meanwhile 3 kids are in the house--man they are noisy this morning. It's snowy--maybe 4-6 by the end of the day and cold--below zero again.
No chance to sew since before Christmas, but QNS Christmas goodies helped round out a meal with 14 round the table Friday night. Just the crumbs left to remind us of her generosity. Sewing "gifts" still in the box--waiting for life to return to normal. Not sure if it will.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:00 AM

Sometimes, OK, one wonders what normal really IS? that is always my question. Enjoy that noise and confusion because when you get old like I am, it all stops and you miss it...no little ones running around, no one to cook for but DH and many times he cooks his own...and complains about me all the time in a negative way that about kills me, because he fails to notice how many times I do things for him (and think of him) that he never notices.

Carrie, I know you have been super busy lately. You spoke of taking photos of your MBs, then I think you got side tracked by life itself. I did a couple wedges of Alabama this morning....oh, so sweet to put together; maybe I could do two of them????? I will see how busy I get the first week of the new year...it might be doable since I have the stash for it.

When I put all my SYE patterns together, surprise, there were seven sun rays? together...ran off in paper piecing pattern and I think five of the other one run off....wow....no I do not think I what that many of each one to make... Looking at Sylvia's and they look easy enough, at least, the first ones seem to be easy.

Off to pursuit 'normal'....LOL!! Heating up my bathroom to shower in; and thinking of Grandma's path that I grew up with...a longer dash but just about as cold. I'd love to sentence the builder to spend a couple of weeks in our house trying to keep warm in the winter...without extra heaters, etc.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:03 AM

There was a lot of meat left on the fresh ham so I put it in the pot to go with sauerkraut & boiled potatoes.. first I sprinkle the cooked pork roast with garlic & onion powder...brown it off in some olive oil, add chopped onion & garlic then cover with water to which I add a tablespoon of beef base...let it simmer all afternoon till the meat is almost falling off.. I'll then add 4 lbs of well rinsed kraut & maybe an hour later the raw quartered potatoes...I forgot..if there's any gravy left over throw that in the pot too! Oh this is soooooo good. I'll coursly smash a couple of potatoes in a bowl then ladle the rest over.. fresh rye bread with butter and your set for the nite...
Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM

QNS--you are right I said I would get a picture of all my blocks...I even pulled them off the shelf and looked through them...but forgot to take the camera out. Since its been so cold (around zero), I didn't feel like coming back to the house to get it...just wanted to stay warm in the clubhouse. I have it by the door now so I shouldn't forget this time!