Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Anael ... remember, with only one crock you will be limited to one recipe at a time. Next thing, you'll be ordering a 2nd one!

I loaded the crock this afternoon and went back to sewing.
Yes, the 4PP is finished with it's binding and backing ready for sandwiching.
But first ... another PhD that's been sitting way too long.

JanRN ... Oh no! don' think about housecleaning ... it can always wait!! I've been wondering much the same! Yes, many have been busy with Christmas, but the change seemed to happen before all that busy-ness. I'd be interested to hear/see what others say. Yeaaaaaaa for milder weather ... we too are to be warmer by Saturday at 8°C, but that SOUNDS so much colder than your 50°F!!

QNSue ... thanks for the recipe as I like bread pudding, but have never tried it in the crock. However, mine will have a lot more cinnamon! Another twist that can be good, is to make jam sandwiches, and then cube up. I keep crusts and loaf ends in the freezer ready for this and/or turkey dressing.

Tomorrow ... the final Christmas for me with some friends. We couldn't come up with a date that worked for all (only three households, five people), so a late get together. Perhaps we will all enjoy it more, with it not amidst the "rush" of the season?
Old 01-08-2014, 04:51 PM

DDamsel sending hugs your way, I know it can't be easy when people around you are not happy so take some time for yourself and sew a little and create some beauty just for you.

Anael well done, we knew you could do it and good luck with the crock pot cooking

QuiltE I will send batteries to Anael, cause I feel like I am all sewn out and she can be our new energizer bunny, I have always started a new project on Boxing Day, so far that hasn't happened, so I am really behind the eight ball for this year.

I did finish my Scrappy Stars and today posted it to my longarmer, but I was so over it that I stopped 2 rows short of what I had intended to make. As I said it is what it is....

QNS you will have to find a hiding place at your home, somewhere you can't be disturbed

JanRN I agree with you, I had all the MB's made and they have sat on my design wall for what seems like an eternity. I have enjoyed looking at them every day but I was so excited for this project that I wanted to send them off all at once Now there is just one lonely little block sitting there and in a couple of weeks it will be gone.

Now can someone point me in the direction of some enthusiasm pleeaaaassssseee
Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Jan--I agree that once a month for the MB seemed to drag things out a bit. I am looking forward to being done with appts (for myself and my MIL) so that I can just have more time to sew! I need to get my Alaska block done...hopefully tomorrow afternoon...if not it will have to be Saturday or Sunday.

I still want to get started on DJ blocks, but just haven't had time yet. Once life gets back to "normal" (I know there was a discussion a short time ago about "what is normal"...my normal is working one day and then home 3-4 days during the week!). My goal is to do one of the 50 Stars a week and 2 DJ blocks a week. Then during other time I have to sew I'll work on UFOs.

D_D and QNS--sorry you are having to deal with grumpy people.

Dublb--hope you get to feeling all the way better soon!

Mirabelle--maybe it's time to give sewing a break...maybe read some good books or some other thing that you can relax doing??

GrannyQ--I am praying you and your husband are doing ok.

Everyone else---I am thinking of you too!!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Thank you all so much for not taking offense at what I said! I was worried. I was thinking ahead to our next "ride" or project and was thinking that I hope we didn't do one block/month. I lose momentum and interest. Thank you for being able to see what I was thinking.

Carrie, how's your shoulder? I love the Alaska block. I made one for my DIL for Christmas. I cut off the corners so it was an octagon, used blingy fabric with gold accents and got a gold candle for it. She really liked it.

Thank you ladies!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Jan--I go tomorrow for the EMG...Lord willing I'll have more answers after that. I haven't had as much pain since stopping PT; I wonder if that wasn't aggravating it more? I do still have weakness in my arm and occasional burning sensation in my shoulder and it radiates inwards (not down my arm)...very strange feeling.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 PM

oooh Jan was are we going to do next??????????????? any ideas

Carriem I love to read but only at night in bed as it puts me to sleep, even if I try and read a magazine during the day I start yawning and the old eyes start drooping

I finished sewing a dress for myself, and I have to make a "special" block so will chat later..
Old 01-08-2014, 07:23 PM

I'd love ta do a friendship block swap where we each make a block that represents ourselves. For instance I could do Bluebonnets, any other flower that I grow, or Tea Cups. HMMMM I collect Coffee Mugs & drink tea outta 'em, so I could even do a Coffee Mug. I think I have about 50 Coffee Mugs. Last year's was a bit more general about each o' us & this one can be more personal. What say ya'll?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Good luck, Carrie, on your medical visit.

Mirabelle, I love to read all too well. Look around to see if there is something that stirs your interest....maybe a FART trip just to 'look'.

The Bread Pudding was a hit; he complained he ate too much! Grabbed up the liner with bread pudding put the whole thing into a gallon plastic bag and refrigerator. Crock pot needs a quick wipe and its all clean again.

Warmer tomorrow and Friday brings rain, ice and snow and a travel warning to stay home. Stay safe everyone.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

I think it's time for a group {{{{HUG}}}}
.... we all need it for different reasons!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I think it's time for a group {{{{HUG}}}}
.... we all need it for different reasons!
I agree! {{{{{{{{{HUGGS}}}}}}}}}

Last edited by dublb; 01-08-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I forgot the blue