Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top  Photo/Discussion Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

Old 03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

fantastic!!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 PM

That is absolutely beautiful. Such an accomplishment! So happy for you! Now you have to get caught up on the Pony Club Blocks. You will pass us all bye in no time!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 AM

Oh my!! I am speechless!! (That's a rarity LOL). QE that is beautiful. I love the green sashing with the gold cornerstones and triangles. Your blocks are so colorful and all work well together. Oh my!! I love it--all your hard work is certainly worth it.
Now, will you please go get some sleep, eat something, and then get to work on PC LOL.
Great job, QE!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 AM

Fannnnntastic! Whoop-ti-do! Your quilt is totally awesome!

I love how you used the postage stamp block in each of the corners and inspiration for me. Look at how great your bright orange blocks settled in. I spent time looking at and remembering different blocks you made. It inspires me on how lovely a scrappy quilt can be.

I know you won't rest on your laurels. Well done and congratulations!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 AM

QuiltE, Your quilt turned out gorgeous. I have been checking out the pictures you have posted. It really is a good feeling to finally finish. Hope to see others finished and posted pictures of theirs.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, one and all!!!
I can see the quilt on the living room floor, from my office ... wonder why there's not much productivity here int he office today? The sun is shining in and making it all sparkle nicely! And as you probably noticed, the cornerstones and setting triangles blend nicely with the hardwood floor. Maybe I should keep it as a carpet? However, it doesn't really suit the rest of the room!! I am pleased ... very pleased! And can't wait til it gets quilted to see how much more personality it takes on.

OKSGlad ... your time will come, sooner than you may think!

JeanieG
.. right ... catch up with my PC, and my BCS Mystery, and the QB Mystery, and get my taxes done, and clean house, and and and and and!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanRN .. oh yes, it's bright all rgiht!! now I can take a break ... what's that?? And never fear, somethings may get left undone, but eating, seems to always happen for me. NOT such a good thing in some ways!

QNonnie ... I'd been thinking about you and am glad to "see" you! You were my inspiration and co-conspirator that helped me get back on track and get the motivation in gear, then to stick with it to the end. Bless You!!! Hope life is being good to you, and that you are enjoying your other projects.

GrannyQ ... good feeling indeed! And oh my, how the "look" has changed from those blocks up on my design wall.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Here's a daylight picture ... so perhaps a little brighter and clearer?
(and shop from atop the ladder!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321040[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fws-finale-013.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

That green turned out perfect for the sashing and border. Just love it. I have to get my step-stool out to shoot my photos too. LOL Wish I was tall!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
That green turned out perfect for the sashing and border. Just love it. I have to get my step-stool out to shoot my photos too. LOL Wish I was tall!
I too am pleased with the green, JeanieG ... dark enough, yet enough sparkle to keep it from looking too black.

I was right up at the ceiling to get the shot with the camera held out from me as far as I could. So took quite a few shots before it was anything acceptable. If I'd had someone here, I would have put it on my design wall, but going solo with that much fabric, would have been far too complicated to try to get it on there. Once there, it would have held though! Now ti get the backing ready and make my binding ... then off to the LAQ! (I do my own final binding, I just like to have it done and ready before it goes to the LAQ)

Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 AM

What color binding are you using??