Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top  Photo/Discussion Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Me too ... I hated lawn mowing ... if I was racing the machine at full clip, I could get it done in 7 hours! But that didn't happen too often, as meals had to be prepared, barn chores, field work, etc. We had too many trees to go around that it seemed to take forever going around them. RoundUp did a good job there though, to not have to go too close. It was just an always job ... and you never finished it up at once,

However, on a "perfect" weather day ... I enjoyed the "getaway" from the world as I cut the grass ..... and that was usually a time when I could take my time and go at a reduced pace!

And to think QNSue has already done her first grass cutting!

Brown and perhaps a beige for the cornerstones?
I think you guys are still talking about the FW quilt...I have kind of a coppery brown for sashing and a deep tan for cornerstones. While I don't have all of my blocks done, I have put sashing and cornerstones on 2 sides of each block so I can still shuffle them around to get the placing that pleases me. It's all in a project box for a couple of months. Deadlines for other quilts loom in May/June.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM

Absolutely beautiful QuiltE, I bet you are happy you stuck with it
Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Thanks MiraB ... and Yes ... happy, very much so!!

GGal ... smar move putting the sashing on as you go. That's the way I did mine, once I got the sashing, 2 sides done, and then it gave a better visualization as I moved the blocks around. Plus, once I decided on the placement, the blocks just needed to be sewn together. You've got a busy couple of months of quilt-deadlines ... amidst some exciting and joyous times for your family!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
I think you guys are still talking about the FW quilt...I have kind of a coppery brown for sashing and a deep tan for cornerstones. While I don't have all of my blocks done, I have put sashing and cornerstones on 2 sides of each block so I can still shuffle them around to get the placing that pleases me. It's all in a project box for a couple of months. Deadlines for other quilts loom in May/June.
Maybe we'll reach the finish line at the same time then
Old 03-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Congratulations QuiltE ! It is a gorgeous quilt! Love it and I can understand why you are with a big smile from ear to ear, and maybe jumping around with a happy dance. All your work is worth a while. Yes you made it and it is awesome. Very very well done!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
Congratulations QuiltE ! It is a gorgeous quilt! Love it and I can understand why you are with a big smile from ear to ear, and maybe jumping around with a happy dance. All your work is worth a while. Yes you made it and it is awesome. Very very well done!

Thank you ArteEC ... I've never done anything so detailed before, so it's a major milestone in my quilting story!
On Monday I took it to the LAQ ... and already can't wait to see that transformation!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Here's a daylight picture ... so perhaps a little brighter and clearer?
(and shop from atop the ladder!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321040[/ATTACH]
QuiltE- Oh, my, how beautiful! I love the cranberry red color you used-it sets the whole quilt off! I am again working on mine and now have 81 blocks finished. 30 to go. Can't wait, either.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
QuiltE- Oh, my, how beautiful! I love the cranberry red color you used-it sets the whole quilt off! I am again working on mine and now have 81 blocks finished. 30 to go. Can't wait, either.

Thanks JillNJo ... there's several different reds from a deep ruby to brighter cranberries, a mellow red and one that is quite bright. Some with bling in them an and some rusts that are almost reds. I hadn't really thought about it til you mentioned them, but I guess they do give some sparkle to the end results.

Yeaaaaa for you and getting back at it ... the stage you were at, was when I got really possessed in wanting to see it all come together! How be you start posting your blocks, so we can ooooh and aaaaaah away ... I really found that helped me a LOT to keep my focus and get thru to the end.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 AM

I am not sure where to post the pictures, so I will show them here....and yes, I agree that at the point I'm at,it seems like the end is attainable, yippee![ATTACH=CONFIG]323573[/ATTACH]I just layed the blocks quickly down and they aren't placed very well to look the best.[ATTACH=CONFIG]323574[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails march-....2012-023-small-.jpg   march-....2012-024-small-.jpg  

Last edited by jillnjo; 03-29-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

N How wonderful! You can play patch shuffle later. I'm envious and must get mine caught up, but can't right now; now spring has sprung. My first reaction is how nice your carpet looks as a sashing. IMHO, I'm thinking a tan sashing like your carpet is in order and how about a brown or purple cornerstone? I'm sure you are now antsy to finish. Thanks for sharing