Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Ooooh how I hate it when I don't get emails notifying me of new postings on my "watched topics"!! I'm just now catching up on the new postings to the topic. No wonder I was having withdrawals. Glad to see you're all doing well and certainly enjoyed QuiltE's fair photos -- not our regular eye candy but lovely anyway! I miss the quilt-along!! :)
Old 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

I have ...E.X.C.I.T.I.N.G...N.E.W.S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Farmer's Wife Pony Club book arrived today ... wheeeeeeeeeeee

Just spent some time reading the intro info and the first couple of letters. Now starting to dream about fabric choices. Will I go with the novelty pony type prints? or broaden the scope to kid prints? or go totally scrappy? one colour family? one repeating fabric in every block?

Wonder how many times I change my mind between now and when I start ........ and finish?

Just got back from the Fair last night. I haven't posted my results yet. A much larger showing of quilts, and all went good with mine, so I was VERY pleased! Best part, Mazel scored another red ribbon (and for you Americans, remember in Canada, that means first!) and created quite a stir of excitement!!! :)

One more Fair to go (week after this) and then it'll be over for the year. Before it, hoping to start getting my sewing room and fabrics sorted and organized (it's become such a mess lately!! too much abandonment has been going on), and get using my new machine to work on UFOs and PhDs which includes my FWSQ!!! :)
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 AM

Here are a few of my blocks with the sashing triangles added and quilted with feather stitches.
I was going to sew them in strips and add a small print between the rows, but when I put them together, a secondary pattern developed which I really like.

The chalk marks haven't been marked out yet. But so far this is my plan, then maybe the small print for the border.

Just a few blocks not stitched
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264438[/ATTACH]

Maybe you can see the feather quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264385.jpe   attachment-264386.jpe   attachment-264387.jpe  
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
Here are a few of my blocks with the sashing triangles added and quilted with feather stitches.
I was going to sew them in strips and add a small print between the rows, but when I put them together, a secondary pattern developed which I really like.

The chalk marks haven't been marked out yet. But so far this is my plan, then maybe the small print for the border.
Violet, This is turning out soooooo pretty...Love the feather quilting. Anne
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Violet, your quilt is going to be lovely!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 AM

I think you've got a winner there, Violet.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Thank you Honchey, Weezie and Evie, this has been a wonderful project. Hope to do another one next year. Of course I am always working on 5 or 6 projects at the same time, but there is always a desire to do another one.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM

Violet, I love it. Your quilting is fantastic-I love all the space around the blocks. The quilting really makes them stand out. Great job!!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by violetsfarm

WOW!!
Looking pretty impressive ... nice soft background and all those circular feathers too!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 PM

Wow what a gorgeous quilt this is going to be. Love your feathers. Well done