Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Evie
I'm game to join The Pony Club group, but I must say, after looking REALLY closely at some of the blocks, I think they will challenge what basic skills I have. I looked at Laurie's blog and perused the pages from the book she included. Yikes -- there are paper-piecing blocks! Those will definitely be a test for me. :shock:
I had not done ANY paper piecing before the FWS quilt. I found the video below most helpful! I use the thin scribble pad paper ($ store variety) for my paper. I cut it to 8 1/2 X 11 and it runs through my printer fine and tears right off. I think some of the blocks really need to be done paper piecing.

I used templates for most of my FWS blocks. I saved the templates for the FWS quilt as I did them on plastic from binder dividers, as someone mentioned when we started. Laurie mentioned that she printed the PCQ blocks on card stock for each block. I think I may start doing that, have not decided yet. I liked using the templates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gK...eature=related

There are a lot of other other video's on youtube too.

Jeanie
Old 10-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by Evie
Anne, will you be "heading up" the Pony Club? You did such a great job keeping the FWS group going when Muriel had to bow out you would be perfect for the Pony Club! I'm also looking forward to our next trip. :)
As far as I know...I will be.. I spoke to Patrice and was requested that I hold off announcing until a month before the actual start up. So December 1, 2011 will be the official announcement that we will be starting after the New Year. So, start all your gathering because we will be doing a 'giddy-up' before we know it. :-P
The new year is great timing for me. I am just too involved in the FWS to start the Pony Club yet. I have my book and it looks great. Love the options for piecing.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Hi everyone, it was good to read your postings and learn of your progress each of you are making. I seen the Pony Book at AQS in Des Moines, Iowa show, but budget did not allow me to purchase it. Nor do I expect to have the time to do it.

Since my Father-in-law's in August, I am putting together "foot quilts" in his memory for grandkids, and great grands...11 of grands (including our three) and I think 22 great grands. Now have collected the bibical blocks and fabric; also the hunting and fishing blocks and novelty prints to start on them. Hope to have most of the tops done for each by Christmas, but will see. Also planning a throw or two featuring Iowa Hawkeyes, and table runners. And a "Gone fishing" throw. He was an avid hunter, fisherman and Hawkeye fan.

Still short three blocks on the FWSQ..may be in the next week at home, I can get those done for the king size top. Never know where I will go next; the Michigan trip of four days was not a planned one, but it happened...because a good friend had a family member died there and needed another driver to help her out. We had a ball on the trip and, of course, discovered an excellent quilt shop there!!

Have suitcase...will travel. Especially to new (to me) quilt shops.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Hi QNS, Yes, I would say that you're going to be very busy...but that's no excuse for you not to stop by and say Hello and to comment on our blocks once we get started...Okay???
Old 10-06-2011, 05:20 AM

Agreed. Love hearing and seeing your progress. Good luck to all on the Pony Quilt as well. Had so much fun with you all on the FWSQ. You were a wonderful leader, Anne.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 AM

I think that January is the perfect time to start The Pony Quilt! Gives us all time to wrap up our holiday sewing and such! I'm looking forward to it and may even ask Santa for the book if I can wait til then...LOL!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I think that January is the perfect time to start The Pony Quilt! Gives us all time to wrap up our holiday sewing and such! I'm looking forward to it and may even ask Santa for the book if I can wait til then...LOL!
Hi, Just 51 days before the official announcement for the Pony Club quilt. Got your book??? Got your fabric??? Get ready to Giddy-up!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Hi, Just 51 days before the official announcement for the Pony Club quilt. Got your book??? Got your fabric??? Get ready to Giddy-up!!!!!
LOL, I'm ready!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
LOL, I'm ready!!!

I hope we end up having a big Posse.

:lol: :lol:
Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

LOL, I'm ready!!![/quote]

Trotting on in to say howwwwdeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Got my book ..... and one huge stash!
clip clop clip clop clip clop ........ and awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!
I hope we end up having a big Posse.

:lol: :lol:[/quote]