Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee February, 2017 >

New Quilting Bee February, 2017

New Quilting Bee February, 2017

Old 02-22-2017, 07:36 PM

I don't have either one done yet. I am hoping to work on at least one this weekend-possibly as early as Friday if we get as much snow as predicted. I am hoping for a subbing snow day! Lol!

Connie
Old 02-23-2017, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
I don't have either one done yet. I am hoping to work on at least one this weekend-possibly as early as Friday if we get as much snow as predicted. I am hoping for a subbing snow day! Lol!

Connie
Please, oh, please, oh, please, keep the snow out there. Ours is just starting to melt this week after nearly 3 feet of snow in a week and I don't want to deal with any more, especially with all the melting and refreezing leaving ice. I would be most grateful. I am too hoping to get mine done this weekend.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:51 AM

Well you can send SNOW down here - headed for 85+ today, AGAIN!!!! Then tonite a 'cold front' moves in, 54 tomorrow - just cracks me up, 54 is cold?? I just can't believe we've had so few frigid temps, not good!! We used to get several snows a winter, not sure what's happened! Oh well, can't change it so will just live with it - but ya'all that get snow, just secretly enjoy it for me.. lolo There are Robins singing right now! Can you believe that? It's February, Winter - where you be???

Last edited by Oksewnsew; 02-23-2017 at 06:59 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-23-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Well you can send SNOW down here - headed for 85+ today, AGAIN!!!! Then tonite a 'cold front' moves in, 54 tomorrow - just cracks me up, 54 is cold?? I just can't believe we've had so few frigid temps, not good!! We used to get several snows a winter, not sure what's happened! Oh well, can't change it so will just live with it - but ya'all that get snow, just secretly enjoy it for me.. lolo There are Robins singing right now! Can you believe that? It's February, Winter - where you be???
I think I have seen a robin, only because I wanted to, don't think they are silly enough to come out yet in Maine. Today nearing 45 and it is so warm and wonderful to me. I want to be out throwing snow around so it will melt faster. Yup, I am one that breaks down the snow banks so it will go faster. And it helps with the puddles on the lawn and driveway when it comes to ice too. Oh so I think. So when I get home from work tonight, I will work my way thru some snow and enjoy it just for you. And when I laugh, throw some in the air and have a great big smile on my face, it will be good for the neighbors as they will wonder what got into me, what am I up to, or what the heck!!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:32 AM

HAHAHA...just tell them you are enjoying the snow for someone in Oklahoma that hasn't had any this winter...and be sure to be smiling...
Old 02-23-2017, 08:34 AM

Connie, I don't either...but will get to it before month is out...I hope anyway! I worked on it, had it almost together and looked at those fabrics and thought "what was I thinking?". So will probably ditch that one and begin again...I had cut some pieces wrong anyway and will have to adjust them....I will of course but I'm making another block! lol

And ladies, those blocks are looking grand. I love all of them....no matter the colors....just all are beautiful!

Hugs,
Betty
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Oksewnsew, please be careful for what you wish for, we still have over a month before winter is over. If you get snow, I know I will be getting snow soon before or afterwards. I'm so enjoying this weather. LOL
Old 02-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Another Okie chiming in, I love our 85 degree Feb, and no snow. My only caveat is I hate that the trees are all budding out b/c our winter isn't over, there is going to be a lot of tree damage this year. Even if / when we do get it the chance of me "doing" anything with, in, on, around it are about as good as living on the sun.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 PM

Well we'll be diggin' out our long-handles tomorrow & Saturday!! Crazy, crazy weather! It's sure cooled off since 10pm! and of course WIND..
Old 02-23-2017, 10:41 PM

I'm running behind on my block this month but I will get it done