Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Wow is all I can say. Your quilts are beautiful.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:09 AM

Candi: Really want to get the top done before I post, should be within the next couple of days. Trying to use the excitement as motivation.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Still working on mine, very slowly. All those little pieces! Now that the power is back on after 5 days I can finally focus on something besides survival.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 PM

I'm fessing up about somthing else - since I did get the Orca Bay top done (not sandwiched / quilted yet) I've started on the Dear Jane blocks - after Orca Bay I figured I could to anything! Jane is a real mental challange - thought I'd do a trip around the world pallet - now just thinking it would be easier to just do whatever I pull out of the scrap bin....Anyone else here working on Jane?????
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 PM

I had so much fun doing this quilt that I really would like to participate in some of the other quilt alongs, whether they are mysteries or a project like your Dear Jane. I had so much fun sharing the experience with everyone but I also joined the UFO complete one a month. Somehow I don't think these two things go together. PJ please don't tempt me, I am trying to be good.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 PM

Emma, you can join us at the Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt Along. We do two blocks a week! Check us out at

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...t-t170608.html

There is a discussion and photo page for each week.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
I'm fessing up about somthing else - since I did get the Orca Bay top done (not sandwiched / quilted yet) I've started on the Dear Jane blocks - after Orca Bay I figured I could to anything! Jane is a real mental challange - thought I'd do a trip around the world pallet - now just thinking it would be easier to just do whatever I pull out of the scrap bin....Anyone else here working on Jane?????
I am working on the Dear Jane and also doing it in the trip around the world pallet. If you to to this page of that quilt...
http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...a9f23b3du4h2s3
You will see a picture of what it would look like in brights. I am doing brights so this was helpful to me. I was able to figure out which color goes to which block. I am not doing the same colors as she is, but was able to pull out some graph paper and color in the blocks with the colors I will use and then went around and labeled each square. Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
I am working on the Dear Jane and also doing it in the trip around the world pallet. If you to to this page of that quilt...
http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...a9f23b3du4h2s3
You will see a picture of what it would look like in brights. I am doing brights so this was helpful to me. I was able to figure out which color goes to which block. I am not doing the same colors as she is, but was able to pull out some graph paper and color in the blocks with the colors I will use and then went around and labeled each square. Hope this helps.
Love the brights. You all are tempting me, and I am sooo weak. Hmmm, brights with navy background. See what you did? Here I am planning another quilt in my head and I am still working on the Orca Bay Ohio Stars.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM

I have to say, it's nice to see some have finished their Orca Bays and some, like me are still sewing along.

I was out of town in Cancun, last week. Had a fabulous time, but did miss quilting! I read Marie Bostwick's book, A Single Thread which has a quilting theme, so I could "quilt" through the characters (good book if you haven't read it!). Returned home and have been doing a lot of laundry, started on our taxes (cuz hubby wants them done--but, have to wait to finish them as gov't extended date for bank statements etc till Feb 28, 2012) and now have to "clean house"--UGH! Hubby thinks I shouldn't sew till all else is done! Boo!

Anyway, I am anxious to get back to my sewing and quilting. I wasn't going to look at the finished Orca Bay top till I had all my pieces from the other parts completed (FESSING UP to still working on the triangles for the large red/purple strings), but, a few excited quilters posted pictures on this thread rather than the picture thread, and alas, I found myself peeking at sue's and lakekids' finishes! GORGEOUS !! love how they look!!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Love the brights. You all are tempting me, and I am sooo weak. Hmmm, brights with navy background. See what you did? Here I am planning another quilt in my head and I am still working on the Orca Bay Ohio Stars.
Haha. I'm haven't even gotten as far as the Ohio stars if that makes you feel better. I've only just finished sewing my wings an still have to press them.... Maybe today lol