Pony Club Thread 3

Old 07-12-2020, 09:47 AM

Well I'm just a tiny bit older'n she was. I am 59.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:59 AM

Dublb, sorry about your loss of a best friend that was only 58. You are younger than I am, I will be 79 this year. No wander why you have more energy than I do. I have lost couple of best friends who took me to quilt shops and encouraged me to quilt. Susan was 11 years younger than I was, and Patty was a year older than I am. Oh, I miss them both, and have lost some of my desire to quilt.
But I am determined to finish some quits this year on my bucket list and UFOs. No, SBG, Lover's Knot is not on my bucket list...yet. Yes, I do have the pattern in a book from Eleanor Burns. My subscription for Carrie's homestead quilt site has become is missing in action site. Have to look for it and lurk there, too. It's a quiet Sunday, and I am reading on my Kindle, not in my sewing room.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 AM

Bev - sorry for your loss! I lost a dear friend from when our kids were pre-school age. The boys were best friends and went to school together for years. Marty was a dear friend and even though we lived about 4 hours apart in our later years, and did not see her often, I loved her dearly. I can think back on all the fun times we had now, and know I will see her again someday!
Old 07-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Here is what has distracted me from the Pony blocks the past couple of days. Jinny Beyer's Da Vinci quilt. I thought it was a small wall quilt, but it's huge. 54" square. The fabrics are all Jinny Beyer Palette collection and are rich, beautiful saturated colors. Glad I ordered the proper fabrics for this and didn't try to 'wing it' as I usually do! This is just the unquilted top.
Attached Thumbnails img_0413.jpg  
Old 07-12-2020, 04:54 PM

SBG, That seems a departure from what you usually do. :-) I like it. It will need a big wall if you are going to hang it! You could use it as a picnic blanket, stadium blanket, a lap quilt for watching tv, or add something top and bottom to turn it into a twin size quilt. Thanks for showing it.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Yep, it's different. But remember, it was originally for my son. I'm just not sure he would like it. It will have some wall space here. Might have to rotate with my Hawaiian dolphins and turtles quilt.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:14 PM

SBG - I am back from my trip. I pulled some fabric I think will look okay with the Lover's Knot Quilt. I hoped I had a jelly roll, but the ones I had did not have enough strips, and I did not have fabric in my stash that matched the colors. So I am going to have to cut the strips. Thank goodness for my Stripology Ruler!

In the book on page 11 their is a Variation Scrappy Quilt from pre-cut strips that looks nice. Much better than the scrappy shown above.

I am almost finished with the PP center pieces on the FW Medalian Quilt. Then need to sew it together and put on a narrow border, then flying geese border by the end of the month. For the Flying Geese I plan to use Bonnie Hunter's Ruler instead of PP them.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:37 PM

I am so disappointed by my BH Frolic size, and it is square, so I may have to find a way to 'extend' it a bit. Thought I was almost done with it and I am still spinning my wheels and my brain on various ways to do that. I htink I will avoid any more of her patterns and mysteries and stick to simple quilt patterns. And I 'subscribed' to the homestead and still not getting notifications on it. Maybe I will erase my subscription and try again, sometimes that works. I love lurking on that thread and seeing the wonderful progress of the homestead quilt pattern.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM

I don't know what the Homestead quilt is... if I already asked, then I must have forgotten.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
SBG - I am back from my trip. I pulled some fabric I think will look okay with the Lover's Knot Quilt.

In the book on page 11 their is a Variation Scrappy Quilt from pre-cut strips that looks nice. Much better than the scrappy shown above.
The book I have is the third edition Lover's Knot softcover by Eleanor Burns. It doesn't have that picture on page 11.

So let's start cutting! I am only going to make the lap robe size (52"x74") so I can donate it to the hospital. Going to look for fabrics now...