Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 05-28-2013 10:00 AM

Carrie, please send me the information as well. Thank You!

Hi April, glad to hear you are on the mend! Welcome back!

Anael 05-28-2013 10:42 AM

I'm figuring out a medallion setting for blocks I made. It's from Grandmother's Choice and I decided not to do all the blocks. So now I have 26 8" finished blocks, all greens and purples with a little bit of blue. I will end up with an orphan block but that's ok. Maybe I can use it for something else. There's one block I can't use, the schoolhouse block. You can't set that one on point can you? Looks a bit weird :D

QuiltingNinaSue 05-28-2013 11:46 AM

The mail carrier had a surprise for me today; a MB from DD. Looks perfect for the virtual RV tea times.. Will post a picture later....

Took dh where he wanted to go after our wellness checkup this morning; off to the feed store and Cub Cadet places just 65 miles apart...bought us lunch for a total of $6.41....thanks to Subway for the $5.00 deal on a 12" bun. He also got a cub cadet tire fixed, gassed up his GMC pickup, and got gas for his machines. Finally got home again. Sigh of relief!!!

mirabelle 05-28-2013 02:34 PM

Carrie can you please add me to the list to receive the MB blocks, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for lifting my spirits, I am going to spend the day in the sewing room to finish quilt my lap quilt. Will chat to you all soon

JeanieG 05-28-2013 03:09 PM

Mirabelle - I am sure that you will get "lost" in your sewing room. I am always amazed how time flys when I am in mine, because I get so absorbed in what I am doing. That will help you so much!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-28-2013 05:35 PM

Anael, if you use the school block, trim all the way around, and put a 'square' around it, like a square within a square and it will sit on a point and look natural.

Hi, April, welcome back!!

Well, it had not rained all day until it was time to put the little ducks, chickens, older ducks and guineas into their houses. Dh could not get the little ducks in without a light on in their hut, so I ran out without a jacket or coat. We both got soaked with rain putting all the fowl to bed...I was blinded by rain, rain running across my glasses made it impossible to see. Took off wet clothes (blouse & jeans), in the kitchen, streaked for the bedroom & a dry towel ..not a 'pretty' sight, but funny! LOL!!The Man upstairs has a sense of humor!!

carriem 05-28-2013 07:36 PM

I have started a list of those who want emails w/MBs and will send Thursday....if anyone else wants them let me know The easiest way will be sending an email with each person's blocks. That way you can just save the attachments where ever you want. I have a folder on my desktop called "MBs" inside is a folder with each person's board name where I save the blocks.

I look forward to seeing the other blocks received...if only everyone could find their cameras and cords at the same time. :) I like my laptop because I just put the SD card in the front...no cord needed!

I have 2 sides of the last border to put on the LC quilt and then binding. I spent much of my afternoon helping DD and my BF with their quilts. I never get as much done with others in the clubhouse, but that is ok! I am happy to help and visiting is good too. :D

Anael 05-28-2013 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, I think if I trim the block there won't be enough schoolhouse left. I don't need it anyway, I have enough blocks already. So if there's one who needs a schoolhouse block you can have mine :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]415999[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 05-29-2013 04:07 AM

Yep, a triangle on each side, turning it into a square on point. But it would be a bit bigger. No cough or sneezes this morning after Mother Nature's downpour last night which is good news.

Will find time to post the MB this morning. If we all posted by a certain date, they would all be together. Just a thought. Off to do dishes and be Susy Housekeeper, then thin some stash in the quilt room...a lot!! Haven't looked at some of it since we moved here. And sorting the pieces into light, medium and dark for scrappy work...or not. Sigh. It will take me days to do it all. One step at a time.

Anael 05-29-2013 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Grandmother's Choice in progress. I don't think a schoolhouse on point will look nice in here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416015[/ATTACH]
The green thing in the left lower corner is a leaf :)