Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 06-22-2013 11:48 AM

There was nothin' wrong w/the address that OK had on the package. It just took 2.5 months ta git here. If ya'll want ta put Drive after Pasadena that is the official address, but in 25 years I have never had this kind o' problem. There is only 1 Pasadena in Midland so that shouldn't ever be a problem!! Now all at once I'm havin problems!:confused::eek::confused:
As for the Crazy Quilt block, the dragonfly was done by machine, but the Rose & the other flowers were by hand. I accented the designs that were already on the fabric. All o' my hand embroidery skills have come back w/very li'le practice. I haven't done any since I was 15 or 16 maybe even 12. I was great once. I was better than both DGM & DM. I found stitches that they were afraid ta do. I read books & got good at it. Then I became a teenager & got "too busy" ta do any. Then I had a family & didn't have free time ta sit & sew. When I finally started ta have the time & interest then DM had already picked up the are o' hand embroidery & hand quiltin'. I really got inta that hand quiltin'. It's much easier than embroidery. Later I started really gittin' inta the piecin' part o' the craft. I said somethin' recently, ta DM, about how good I once was at embroidery & that I could do some o' that again & her face fell. I guess that is her specialty, now. :) I don't want ta take anything away from her. We do give baby gifts ta the same people. LOL They do need ta be different from each other's. I don't think she will take any interest in CQ's though, so I can do that w/o steppin' on her toes. I like the idea o' mixin' both hand & machine embroidery tagether ta git that special CQ look.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-22-2013 12:34 PM

In cleaning, a deep cleaning up in the quilting room is yielding several 'lost' items. One of the 'lost' items was plans to make a wall hanging...a 'china' cup and saucer cabinet, so I put your extra fabric you sent with the last MB, Dublb, into it for the wall hanging. Putting all of a project together in one place and labeling it. Buried some totes behind the guest room head board, that are not in the near future, going to be tackled. Found dh's fox quilt, not finished, and kept it in line to do 'some time soon' or later. Yes, Dublb, I crochet, knitted, embroidered when I was young before finishing college and went to full time work, wife, mother, and still full time job all the time while helping to raise our three children, of course, dh was the biggest child and still is...for he never will 'grow up'.. Wants my whole attention to be on him and wants at least seventy to ninety percent more of everything in his worse moods. In his best moods, he is loving and caring and wonderful to be around.

So nice to hear from you, Honchey! You are the PC leader to us, whether you are riding on point or on drag. (Leading the 'cattle drive' or trailing along behind the 'herd'!!):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We will miss you, too, OksewGlad...so take those pictures and write a travel diary, so you can share later!!

dublb 06-22-2013 01:09 PM

I'm workin' on ___________'s MB taday. :)

janRN 06-22-2013 01:49 PM

I just wanted to remind everyone to check out the moon tonight. It's a Super Moon, closest to the earth this year and brighter by 20%. It was bright all night last night, didn't even need a light in bathroom. It's also called the Strawberry Moon because you're supposed to plant strawberries now, I guess. I'm full of useless trivia LOL!!

JeanieG 06-22-2013 02:10 PM

Anael - your garden is looking wonderful. I would love to sit and chat with you on that swing with a big glass of ice tea!

oksewglad 06-22-2013 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6137448)
I just wanted to remind everyone to check out the moon tonight. It's a Super Moon, closest to the earth this year and brighter by 20%. It was bright all night last night, didn't even need a light in bathroom. It's also called the Strawberry Moon because you're supposed to plant strawberries now, I guess. I'm full of useless trivia LOL!!

Thanks for sharing, Jan. I love trivia! My SIL always asking--how did you know that?

QuiltE 06-22-2013 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lookie Lookie what was awaiting me at the Post Office today
............. one healthy daffodil!! :D

Thank you JeanieG ... it's so bright and cheery, just like you!! I am already imagining a spring quilt all "planted" with daffodil blocks! Do you really grow your daffodils that big? :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420562[/ATTACH]

And here it is, with its playmates!! :D
Sorry the photo is a little dark ... will be glad when I can take them outside for their photo ops, but today, too much rain!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420563[/ATTACH]

mirabelle 06-22-2013 02:51 PM

SSShhhhhhh don't tell anyone but I am sewing, maybe not at my normal pace but I am still in my sewing room.:eek: Anael gave me some great advice to not doing repetitive movements, one block by hand, one block by machine etc etc, so with that great advice I am doing some machine embroidery, have machine sewn the binding on my mini Dresden quilt (pic will follow soon) and will hand sew the binding on in the next few evenings and I just have to sew the blocks together for my Animal Flowers quilt. I have also sewn more of my GFG rosettes, did quite a few sitting at the hospital on Friday. Have not tried to FMQ yet but will give it a go next week.

I have tried to do nothing and it just doesn't work, I am not used to "just sitting". And when I sit I usually read patchwork book so that makes me want to sew more:mad::D:D Have a great weekend everyone, I am off to DS's to help him change his bandages.

mirabelle 06-22-2013 02:54 PM

We were posting at the same time QuiltE, what a beautiful block, you will have your very own garden quilt to snuggle under and dream of quilts to make

QuiltE 06-22-2013 03:02 PM

DublB ... thanks for the Drive clarification, though I thought there was something about the zip code that CarrieM mentioned as being different? Isn't it nice to go back to some of the needlework we used to do? As a kid I did a lot of embroidery too, and have been enjoying dabbling with it again now. Have been thinking of some embroidery trimmings for my FFC project when I put all the FFC siggie blocks together.

QNSue ... too funny, I have a PP cupboard to make ... except I think mine is china mugs, not cups and saucers! bought it some time ago during a Shop Hop ... and that was before I got hooked on PPing! :D NOw I wonder where it might be?

MiraB ... shhhh!!!! my lips are sealed! :D Maybe skip the FMQ for awhile? I know how much one tenses those shoulder muscles when FMQing ... to say the least about how long you do it at a time! Another thought ... take a look at your chair height ... I find when I have my chair too low, I tense my shoulders more. Higher, and it seems to create a better angle and less tension on my shoulders. I need it a little higher when quilting, than when I am piecing. Just a thought from the peanut gallery, and what makes a difference for me. Good Luck with DS NurseMiraB!! I'm sure you have and are taking good care of him. Chances are you are delivering food, too!! :D

JanRN ... our very own Trivia Queen! You must have loved Trivial Pursuit!! Now here's some trivia back to you ... my cousin was one of the writers for the 50's TP version! And too, the guys who invented and made mega-bucks from TP, built a high class uppity golf course not far from me ... long laneway back to the club house, so the lower class peeps don't have a clue the elegance that's way back in! :D Hey ... I saw that Strawberry Moon last night, though did not know about it's significance. I first I had wondered if an outside light was on, then my own light bulb went on that there is no outside light that would be on that angle!

Here's something of interest for "yinz" .... every time there is a full moon, one of the somewhat local LQS' have a Full Moon Frenzy!!! Non-sale fabrics are marked down 20% each time, along with numerous other good deals. It's kind of a neat concept, as they aren't set to a specific schedule (ie last Friday of the month). I seldom make it, as it's a bit of a trek in a different direction than I am normally travelling.