Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 07-14-2013 07:47 AM

QNS, The layout you sent me is not the one we'll be starting in the Fall.... We'll be doing " Flowers all Around"...:)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-14-2013 08:07 AM

Right. But it goes with the first three patterns I sent to you. Of course, if you do not want more, we will stop there.
Looking forward the the 'flowers' shower in the fall.

QuiltE 07-14-2013 08:43 AM

Honchey ... It's just the first block that is called Flowers All Around and in their preface, they mentioned that not every block is a flower. When downloading, the blocks have "Spike Your English", which is apparently the pattern they based this one on. (look at the bottom for the fine print). The fine print also explains why some may have different versions of the first two blocks which surprises me that they did not change the name. With it being on the web, and free, I would think we do not need any QOTS sanctions. The main thing is that full credit be given to QOTS for the patterns, which obviously is happening the moment you provide the link and tell folks that's where to get the pattern. That being said, perhaps a courtesy FYI to QOTS would be of merit? What about for simplicity ... QOTS BOM or QOTS BOBW (biweekly), or whatever the time spacing becomes. And in the end, I don't think the name really matter? :)

Me? ... I was a Johnny-Come-Lately, so just a little over two years that you've put up with me!

Honchey ... You've done an incredible job, and had great stick-to-it-ness! :D I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for all of us!

QNSue ... glad to know you are done this round of drugs. I hope you will go back to the Dr. this week for a final clearance, to ensure the bugs have been stopped flat in their tracks and all is good.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-14-2013 08:52 AM

Quilt E, Doctor will not x-ray for 3 months from the first time, so that's another two months away. Its good that you read the small print; I guess we will go where they take us in the 'flowers' plus.

Time does fly by.

Honchey 07-14-2013 08:54 AM

Nina, Sending me the PDF's will be great!! I just thought you got the wrong one...I appreciate it...

QuiltE 07-14-2013 08:58 AM

QNSue ... maybe no x-ray, but atleast have him do a look-see-hear with the stethoscope, etc. Better to be sure than to let things brew for two more months. We care about you and don't want any prolonged problems.

Honchey ... one can never have too many patterns! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-14-2013 09:38 AM

Thanks, Honchey, hopefully since I am off the meds, I hope I can do better now. What will be, will be. No one has gotten excited about my lungs in four or five months, and I can still breathe, so no excuses for not hopping out of bed every morning. LOL!!

Did not want to start up the new embroidery machine until after I was off it. That I hope is on deck for tomorrow.

Have to take the library books in early part of the week, and dh has to take his cub cadet tractor somewhere and get it fixed as he depends on it heavily. ..and will probably expect me to go will him either to Chariton, Iowa or Milan, Mo.

JeanieG 07-14-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 6176695)
JeanieG ... don't worry about the colours from QOTS. Go with what you'd like to use! :) I was envying you yesterday when I was thinking that Fusions would be perfect for this project. Get out all your bits and pieces! :)

I just wanted to get an idea of how many colors they used. I was hopeful I could get a fat quarter sampler with lots of colors, but in checking them out last night there are a lot that are monochromatic, or have larger prints. The pieces in these patterns are mostly on the small size, so you need something with really small prints. It is fun to think about it and plan!

janRN 07-14-2013 01:42 PM

Jeanie, you're right about small print fabric. I'm doing the 50 Fab PP stars and a lot of my batiks have large print scattered around. It gives some of those small pieces a different color than I had planned. I'll just call it artistic license instead of too lazy to fussy cut LOL.

Honchey 07-14-2013 02:08 PM

only 50 more to go to hit 5,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!