Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

Rhonda 02-03-2011 05:31 PM

I love your wall hanging Katie! The colors did come out really good. I'm not much for beige or tan but it does look good with the red. It does have a vague resemblance to Native American designs. I love the secondary designs that come out. The white around the red squares reminds me of Native American stars I have seen. it's a vague resemblance but I didn't see it til you put this together.

I love seeing what happens when you put several of the same quilt blocks together. Those secondary designs are so fun to see pop out.

I hope your friend likes it as much as I do!

klgreene 02-03-2011 06:24 PM

If she doesn't, I'll just tell her to send it back, cause I like it too.

Durinda 02-03-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Here are the two I put together today. The wk 3, Cassandra block was my first Kansas Dugout Block.

I love your fabric choices!

Durinda 02-03-2011 09:14 PM

Ok, here are the first two blocks of the wall hanging I'm making for a friend. I'm lovin it so much, I don't want to give it to her. LOL So hopefully I have enough fabric to make one for myself. But this won't be finished until after I can get to Hobby Lobby to get more batting, and that may not be for a week or so. So just keep looking.

PS ignore my water stain on my ironing board. Time to make a new one.

very pretty :)

Durinda 02-03-2011 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by tstransky
I know this thread is for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along but...I wanted to share with all of you how beautiful and elegant Rhonda's creations can be when using just one block and laying them out side by side.
In the picture shown, I used the "Lilly" block Also, as you can see, when the block is placed side by side it forms a secondary pattern.
This quilt is a WIP. This is only the first two rows. The finished quilt size will be 60"W X 84"L

Rhonda I love your cut-down method! It is very easy and precise. :thumbup:

Beautiful!!! I love secondary patterns in the quilts. They are like an extra present. :thumbup:

cjomomma 02-04-2011 05:15 AM

Katie I love the 3D effect that it has. It is georgious! I've got to say that that's my favorite block out of them all.

klgreene 02-04-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Katie I love the 3D effect that it has. It is georgious! I've got to say that that's my favorite block out of them all.

I have so many favorite blocks. Maybe that's why I'm going nuts down here. I want to do so many and now that I did this one where it shows the secondary block. I have to make them all. My sampler won't show any secondary blocks, but I'm getting really close to getting to it to start my quilting.

tstransky 02-04-2011 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

I have so many favorite blocks. Maybe that's why I'm going nuts down here. I want to do so many and now that I did this one where it shows the secondary block. I have to make them all. My sampler won't show any secondary blocks, but I'm getting really close to getting to it to start my quilting.

Katie you're so funny. Now I know why you keep Rhonda hopping...lol.

klgreene 02-04-2011 02:44 PM

Well I don't like seeing someone just sit and do nothing. LOL I don't know what I'd do if I worked. I'd never get any sleep.

JUNEC 02-13-2011 05:44 PM

Your blocks are beautiful