Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

klgreene 02-13-2011 06:13 PM

I still haven't gotten out to get some more batting. If I don't hurry up soon, I'm going to have a pile of stuff to be quilted, and that isn't my favorite part of quilting. I love piecing and picking out fabric.

Boop56 02-23-2011 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I'll move the three I've alread done to this thread so they can all be together. This is so great. I have one block turned wrong, so I have to change it, but won't bother changing the picture. We'll see how many people find it.

Actually that would be good mind games. And if you find the piece that is wrong then on to a harder one with piece wrong. Like an I spy quilt. LOL

Rhonda 02-23-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56

Originally Posted by klgreene
I'll move the three I've alread done to this thread so they can all be together. This is so great. I have one block turned wrong, so I have to change it, but won't bother changing the picture. We'll see how many people find it.

Actually that would be good mind games. And if you find the piece that is wrong then on to a harder one with piece wrong. Like and I spy. LOL

LOL Good idea! We should have a thread or Virtual Section pardon me Topics List where everyone can post a pic of something they did that isn't right and we all have to guess what is wrong with it! LOL

Jupiter 03-03-2011 06:03 PM

Hi Katie,

I just want to tell you how nice your blocks are, and how influential you are....:thumbup:

I sneak in here every now and again, and your beautiful blocks are always posted there. I got the templates from Rhonda but didn't start in here because I was already involved in another swap group. Now that one is over.

I actually joined Rhonda's new Block Swap which began on the 1st of March. I sure hope my blocks look as great as yours do! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

hugs, Jupiter

klgreene 03-04-2011 11:24 AM

Thanks Marilyn, I really enjoy doing Rhonda's blocks. But have been out of comission since shortly after piecing this. Fell and hurt my right hand, and am so upset I can't do anything.

tstransky 03-16-2011 10:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,
Here is a picture of the completed "Lilly" block quilt. It measures 60 x 84. The center is tacked at every other block intersection on every other row and the 6" border has a leaf design that is hand quilted.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking.

"Lilly" block quilt designed by Rhonda
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170549[/ATTACH]

Close-up of Leaf Design (excuse the markings, not washed yet)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170550[/ATTACH]

Matching Pillowcase
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170551[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 03-16-2011 10:28 AM

It's beautiful! I love the fabrics you used in it.

tstransky 03-16-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
It's beautiful! I love the fabrics you used in it.

Thank you and thank you for creating this beautiful block.

Rhonda 03-16-2011 10:33 AM

You're welcome. I just wish I could do the FMQ you all are so good at. I will have to practice a bit and see what I can do. I did try a little one day but it wasn't anything too fantastic.

klgreene 03-16-2011 10:41 AM

Wonderful job Terri. I am so far behind in my quilting, and am just getting back to it. I wish I could FMQ. I am doing all SID and 1/4" from seam.

Rhonda, I did start working on putting my sampler together. But the way I'm quilting, it is taking a little longer than I thought it would. There are a lot of little pieces in that sampler, and I'm quilting around 90% of them. Also still can't quilt or sew for a long period of time yet, since my hand is still only about 75% better. I'm just having a hard time keeping away from it. Having withdrawals.