Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

cjomomma 03-16-2011 12:34 PM

Terri Lily is my favorite block. Your quilt is beautiful.

tstransky 03-16-2011 12:40 PM

Thank you so much, Katie. I didn't FMQ the leaf design, it is hand quilted. It took me about 3 weeks to quilt the border.

tstransky 03-16-2011 12:46 PM

Thank you so much.

Rhonda 03-16-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tstransky
Thank you so much, Katie. I didn't FMQ the leaf design, it is hand quilted. It took me about 3 weeks to quilt the border.

Love the hand quilting then. I am going to have to take more time to figure that part of quilting out. I used to sew everything by hand so I should be able do it. I just never could get that motion of putting several stitches on and rocking the needle. It is a skill my brain seems to find hard to do.

applegramma 03-22-2011 06:08 AM

Katie, I love your blocks. I just found you this morning...and I see my friend Rhonda here as well. Way to go Gals!!! Beautiful, Beautiful and Rhonda, it took me a little while to locate the block that was turned wrong on the left! Not everyone would notice it...especially when it takes us a while to locate it!
Happy day to you all.
Helen C...MO

Rhonda 03-22-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by applegramma
Katie, I love your blocks. I just found you this morning...and I see my friend Rhonda here as well. Way to go Gals!!! Beautiful, Beautiful and Rhonda, it took me a little while to locate the block that was turned wrong on the left! Not everyone would notice it...especially when it takes us a while to locate it!
Happy day to you all.
Helen C...MO

Great to connect on here Helen! I love the hummers! I know the wrong one was not that noticeable to others but it bugs me when one of my "pictures" is not right! LOL I am always so bummed with myself when I do something so stupid like that! LOL It's the perfectionist in me I guess! My work is the only place I am a perfectionist! If you saw my house you would know I am a total slob! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jupiter 04-03-2011 12:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I started to do these blocks on a different thread, a block swap of Rhonda's block patterns. I made one swap, and decided that I'd rather make my own blocks. So, I know I am late starting with you all, but here are my 5 blocks so far. One was made by Mom-6 (my swap partner) and the other 4 are ones I made.

Thanks for allowing me to play along with you

hugs, Jupiter

Rhonda 04-03-2011 07:46 AM

Those are wonderful Marilyn! I have never been much for browns but I am enjoying the colors you chose. they are very striking!

cjomomma 04-03-2011 08:34 AM

Marilyn they are wonderful blocks. I love the brown.

klgreene 04-03-2011 09:26 AM

Beautiful blocks you did a fantastic job.