Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

Rhonda 12-19-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Thanks everyone, I'm having so much fun with this. And it certainly will be one of a kind!!!!

Just look at all the techniques you learned doing these blocks! That was why I did this to encourage people to try my methods.

I'm so glad you have enjoyed making the quilt blocks!
Now you can take these techniques and use them on anything you want to.

klgreene 12-20-2010 09:36 AM

The only problem with that is that, now I want to do a million things, but I certainly do look at quilts and quilt blocks a lot different. Thanks!

Rhonda 12-20-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
The only problem with that is that, now I want to do a million things, but I certainly do look at quilts and quilt blocks a lot different. Thanks!

You're very welcome!

klgreene 12-28-2010 03:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok, here we go, week 28 Nellie 6", not the 12" that I've been doing. Rhonda, you also wanted to show an "as we go" pictures too. So here they are, and this is also why I couldn't do a tut on anything. I think in reverse....LOL

I started with the four corners (4 - 1 1/2" blocks)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149196[/ATTACH]

Then I did the four center blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149197[/ATTACH]

Then I worked on the 4 -4 block side and top blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149198[/ATTACH]

And the finished Wk 28 Nellie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149201[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 12-28-2010 03:39 PM

Wow! That is awesome!!

klgreene 12-28-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Wow! That is awesome!!

That's CJ, it was even more fun to make than the 12" blocks, but I'm glad I did them first because it helped me with this little one.

Rhonda 12-28-2010 03:53 PM

That turned out fantastic Katie! I like your contrast really well. You can take this one and turn the blocks in so many differant ways to get differant looks. It was hard for me to decide which one I liked the best.

This is the size I use to make my hotpads. I make the 6 1/2" quilt block then add borders back it and turn it right side out and stitch in the ditch.

klgreene 12-28-2010 04:07 PM

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Don't know if I just want to put a sashing on it, or make it into a small doll quilt . I'm going to make some more blocks and see what happens. Oh, and again I had one section upside down again. I have no idea how I do it, but I fixed it. I may just start leaving them and just tell people I planned it that way. :)

Jupiter 12-28-2010 09:43 PM

Hi Rhonda,

This probably isn't the right place to say it, but I wanted to thank you for the templates. They came in the mail today. Now I have been wandering through your tutorials and projects, just deciding where to join in!

Again thanks for the templates.

hugs, Jupiter aka Marilyn S.

Rhonda 12-28-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Rhonda,

This probably isn't the right place to say it, but I wanted to thank you for the templates. They came in the mail today. Now I have been wandering through your tutorials and projects, just deciding where to join in!

Again thanks for the templates.

hugs, Jupiter aka Marilyn S.

You're welcome Marilyn. A lot of people just comment on any of my threads. It's just fine. I am glad you got your templates ok. We are working to catch up and anyone still waiting -they will get mailed.