Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

cjomomma 12-02-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
This was the first quilt I machine sewed after a long break from hand quilting. It was a kit, came with the fabrics. When I first saw the fabrics, I wasn't sure either what it would look like because I had only done country prints years ago. But when I got it done, and had it quilted (unfortunately I didnt do the quilting - wish I could) I fell in love witht the batik's. There are a lot of these in my sampler blocks :D

OMGosh!!! WOW!!! I love it!!!

klgreene 12-02-2010 02:19 PM

Thanks CJ, the more I get done, the more I want to get it finished, but yet I don't want to stop making these blocks.

Rhonda 12-02-2010 02:53 PM

This was the first quilt I machine sewed after a long break from hand quilting. It was a kit, came with the fabrics. When I first saw the fabrics, I wasn't sure either what it would look like because I had only done country prints years ago. But when I got it done, and had it quilted (unfortunately I didnt do the quilting - wish I could) I fell in love witht the batik's. There are a lot of these in my sampler blocks :D

Beautiful quilt! There have been some batiks I can say I liked. I can see the attraction but I think they work for big quilts but not for my small stuff. You lose the print in the tiny. Batics are too big a print for me.

klgreene 12-02-2010 03:20 PM

That's why even the same patterns looks so different with different fabrics. But that's what I like about quilting. If I'm making something for someone in particular, the fabric reflex's them. My sister makes absolutely beauitful quilts. Very traditional, small prints, and I want them all. But when I go to make the same pattern, even though she and I have the same colorscheme, everything looks so different. Because of the different fabric styles. Boy this would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

quilterguy27 12-02-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Here' s another one.... This is week 9, Emily. I thought this one was going to be hard, until I started it. It was really pretty easy. As you can see, I'm not doing these in any order. I just keep on keeping on. And having fun doing it.

Your quilt is going to be georgious. Every block you have made is amazing.

DITTO! Keep up the great work. I'm enjoying watching your progress.

klgreene 12-14-2010 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go again. I was starting to go thru withdrawals because I hadn't done one of your blocks last week, had a billion other things to do. But here is Wk 21, Audrey.

By the way Rhonda, on your dresden plate, I can make that smaller by just extending the small end can't I. I'm not going to use the dresden plate I made and put on here, I'm going to make that the center of a miniature, but want tiny ones all around it. Make sense????? :oops: I think I'm starting to loose it. LOL

Wk 21 Audrey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143322[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 12-14-2010 02:41 PM

Here we go again. I was starting to go thru withdrawals because I hadn't done one of your blocks last week, had a billion other things to do. But here is Wk 21, Audrey.

By the way Rhonda, on your dresden plate, I can make that smaller by just extending the small end can't I. I'm not going to use the dresden plate I made and put on here, I'm going to make that the center of a miniature, but want tiny ones all around it. Make sense????? :oops: I think I'm starting to loose it. LOL

Fabulous job!! I hope mine come out as nice as yours.

Rhonda 12-14-2010 02:50 PM

Nice block and I love your color choices on this one. Course I like a lot of contrast so that is a given that I like this! LOL

Yes you could make a copy of the template and cut it in half and shape the top in a shape you like. I used a jar to get the rounded shape. The only hard part is makeing sure the sides are the same length so the points where it starts to curve are the same on both sides.

klgreene 12-15-2010 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is Wk 21 Jemima......a couple wonkie points, but nothings perfect...right?

Wk 21 Jemima
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143603[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 12-15-2010 01:49 PM

Beautiful!! I think I'm gonna do jemima in brown and tan when get started.