Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

Rhonda 12-01-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Wasn't going to wait until I finished 2 to post it. I did this one today. It's Anna, Wk 19. I'm not really a purple person, but I'm starting to like it more. I really don't think the picture did this one justice. Anna is my mom's name, and purple and green are my DGD's favorite colors.

It still turned out really well. I think you would have had a stronger look if you had used more of a contrast in the center blocks. Maybe the purple you used in the corners repeated in the center. The way it reads now your green blends into the center somewhat. It is still a great looking block!

EC 12-01-2010 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have been watching this post almost from the beginning. Tried one of the blocks awhile back, Pinwheel Crossroads from Wk 2. Didn't come out too bad, other than a few wrinkles, for not using any templates. I was too embarassed to ask for them after not doing much with the templates for the keychains. I'm not really a pink person, but these scraps were laying around. klgreene, love your color combinations!

klgreene 12-01-2010 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by EC
Have been watching this post almost from the beginning. Tried one of the blocks awhile back, Pinwheel Crossroads from Wk 2. Didn't come out too bad, other than a few wrinkles, for not using any templates. I was too embarassed to ask for them after not doing much with the templates for the keychains. I'm not really a pink person, but these scraps were laying around. klgreene, love your color combinations!

Thank you EC for the compliment. I think this turned out really nice. I like the color combination. I had to checkle, because I did that block too, but with the different fabrics they all look so different. I that that about these blocks. Hope you are making more, and post your pictures.

Rhonda 12-01-2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by EC

I am so happy to see you post your quilt block!! I love the color combos you used. I do like pinks and reds. I think it came out great. I love to see what people do with my designs!! Hope you post more pics!!

klgreene 12-02-2010 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here' s another one.... This is week 9, Emily. I thought this one was going to be hard, until I started it. It was really pretty easy. As you can see, I'm not doing these in any order. I just keep on keeping on. And having fun doing it.

Week 9 Emily
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137321[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 12-02-2010 12:40 PM

Here' s another one.... This is week 9, Emily. I thought this one was going to be hard, until I started it. It was really pretty easy. As you can see, I'm not doing these in any order. I just keep on keeping on. And having fun doing it.

The hardest part about the KDs is getting the seams to meet where it comes to a V shape. You did an excellent job on that. The key to getting them to come together right is to trim your center exactly the same in each block. It makes it easier to get the centers to line up.

If anyone has a problem with getting them to line up I use a tack and tack the two seams together before I sew the two blocks together. You can gently pull the two edges of the blocks together if one is shorter than the other. then they will match up better.

I must confess tho Katie these fabrics wouldn't be my first choice. But you got the contrast going so it is a good quilt block!! I think I am stuck on country prints!! LOL

klgreene 12-02-2010 01:01 PM

I love batik's and have been using a lot of my "Scrap's". So I try to go with colors that do blend. The teal in this picture is the exact color in the brown fabric. And I do think they look better in real life. These pictures make them look a little bolder than they actually are. My biggest problem is that I love all the fabrics, just depends on my mood for the day. I love all color scheme's but not all of them will look good in this sampler in my bedroom. I have material for a purple quilt. It won't match anything in my house, but I just love the fabrics.

Rhonda 12-02-2010 01:19 PM

I love batik's and have been using a lot of my "Scrap's". So I try to go with colors that do blend. The teal in this picture is the exact color in the brown fabric. And I do think they look better in real life. These pictures make them look a little bolder than they actually are. My biggest problem is that I love all the fabrics, just depends on my mood for the day. I love all color scheme's but not all of them will look good in this sampler in my bedroom. I have material for a purple quilt. It won't match anything in my house, but I just love the fabrics.

I never knew what batiks were til I got on this board. I'm still not crazy about them but I am getting used to seeing them. I tend to be too old fashioned I guess. I like the older styles. I know that when I piece I don't like a fabric that is "splotchy" I need the fabric to not have highlighted areas. some fabrics have areas that are lighter in spots and darker in spots and for me that doesn't work for what I do. I want the overall look to have a solid appearance. Don't know if I am explaining this very well. But it is my view of color and not meant for anyone else. Each to their own.

klgreene 12-02-2010 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the first quilt I machine sewed after a long break from hand quilting. It was a kit, came with the fabrics. When I first saw the fabrics, I wasn't sure either what it would look like because I had only done country prints years ago. But when I got it done, and had it quilted (unfortunately I didnt do the quilting - wish I could) I fell in love witht the batik's. There are a lot of these in my sampler blocks :D

cjomomma 12-02-2010 02:06 PM

Your quilt is going to be georgious. Every block you have made is amazing.