Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

Rhonda 12-15-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
And here is Wk 21 Jemima......a couple wonkie points, but nothings perfect...right?

Do you want some suggestions on how to make it straighter? It came out well! I can just see a few things that will help get a better finished look when you sew them together. the biggest thing is your white points don't look like they have a 1/4" seam allowance. but it may just be the way it is laying too.

klgreene 12-15-2010 02:56 PM

Just measured, there is 1/4" it just doesn't look like it in the picture. The wonky part if the inside red and two white spots. So far all the blocks that I've started sashings on look good, so I don't think this one will be a problem.

klgreene 12-15-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Beautiful!! I think I'm gonna do jemima in brown and tan when get started.

And you know I'll be watching for it!

Rhonda 12-15-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Beautiful!! I think I'm gonna do jemima in brown and tan when get started.

And you know I'll be watching for it!

Me too! I can't wait to see more quilt blocks!

klgreene 12-19-2010 03:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I might post these pictures to give you an idea of what I'm doing with your blocks. I put sashing on two sides to make them look like attic windows, then when I QAYG I'll be putting a thin black strip between them. I made more than I need, but took out the really bright ones. Now I'll let my DH see if there are any that he thinks doesn't go. He has a pretty good eye. They aren't in any order, just the way I put them down. But I thought I'd give you an idea of what your hard work is doing. Thanks Rhonda! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, and we don't want to know what the rest of my room looks like since I had so much, STUFF, on the bed. LOL

Day Bed with blocks placed on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145313[/ATTACH]

With the black strip, not sewn on yet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145314[/ATTACH]

Different angle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145315[/ATTACH]

quilterguy27 12-19-2010 03:41 PM

those are some nice looking blocks. can't wait to see it completed. great job.

cjomomma 12-19-2010 04:30 PM

Wow!! Katie your quilt is going to be georgious!!!! I can't wait to see it finished.

Rhonda 12-19-2010 05:21 PM

I thought I might post these pictures to give you an idea of what I'm doing with your blocks. I put sashing on two sides to make them look like attic windows, then when I QAYG I'll be putting a thin black strip between them. I made more than I need, but took out the really bright ones. Now I'll let my DH see if there are any that he thinks doesn't go. He has a pretty good eye. They aren't in any order, just the way I put them down. But I thought I'd give you an idea of what your hard work is doing. Thanks Rhonda! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh, and we don't want to know what the rest of my room looks like since I had so much, STUFF, on the bed. LOL

I love how it is coming together!! I think they all belong! LOL There aren't any that don't fit in!! You have done a magnificent job of puttting this top together!! Can't wait to see it all done!

EC 12-19-2010 05:58 PM

Katie, that looks great! It will be beautiful when finished, can't wait!

klgreene 12-19-2010 06:01 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm having so much fun with this. And it certainly will be one of a kind!!!!