Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/picture-thread-rhondas-sampler-quilt-along-t70984.html)

violetsfarm 11-11-2010 06:23 AM

Rhonda, thank you for the templates. I am really anxious to try the Wings block. I thought I saw a "butterfly Quilt" you posted? in blues and wings blocks. It seems the pattern is $9.95 but now I can't find it. Do you have a link?
Thank you, Violet

Rhonda 11-11-2010 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
Rhonda, thank you for the templates. I am really anxious to try the Wings block. I thought I saw a "butterfly Quilt" you posted? in blues and wings blocks. It seems the pattern is $9.95 but now I can't find it. Do you have a link?
Thank you, Violet

Is this what you saw Violet?

klgreene 11-11-2010 11:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here we go Rhonda, two more. Both from Wk 16.

Wk 16 Claudia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123881[/ATTACH]

Wk 16 Gemma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123882[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 11-11-2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene

They're terrific Katie!! I love seeing them come to life!

cjomomma 11-11-2010 03:59 PM

Wow!! Fabulous job!!

Rhonda 11-11-2010 04:00 PM

Now I need to get busy and 3 more ready for Sun!

klgreene 11-11-2010 06:22 PM

You are keeping me busy Rhonda, I get little other stuff done inbetween blocks. Lol. Today I used your Dresden plate template for the first time. I have all the pedals sewn together, but it's not done yet. I've never made a Dresden Plate before, and I'm in the process of doing a kalieoscope, so I didn't make a Dresden Kalieoscope, just the same materials as in my sampler pieces. It will go in the sampler too.

klgreene 11-17-2010 06:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok Rhonda, I just thought I'd post this in here because you have been helping me and encouraging me to use my imagination. So I took the left over fabric from the block I had so much trouble with. Which I'll post here again. This was new material, so I made strips of 2 1/2 " wide, then cut them in smaller strips after I sewed two colors together. So on each block, I had tiny strips left over, all about the same size, so I came up with this 2nd picture. Oh, I also must add the 4 center 4 patches were ones I made wrong for your block, but I don't throw any of those away. And I just played with the tiny scraps. The block is about 9", so it's to small for the sampler, but would make a nice mouse mat, or mug mat, or hot pad. I would norally have thrown those tiny scraps away. But I heard you in my head LOL saying "don't do it" "use them". So that's exactly what I did. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. It's a little wonkie because I didn't recut anything until I did square it up.

Matilda
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128555[/ATTACH]

Matilda's scraps
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128556[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 11-17-2010 08:02 PM

Ok Rhonda, I just thought I'd post this in here because you have been helping me and encouraging me to use my imagination. So I took the left over fabric from the block I had so much trouble with. Which I'll post here again. This was new material, so I made strips of 2 1/2 " wide, then cut them in smaller strips after I sewed two colors together. So on each block, I had tiny strips left over, all about the same size, so I came up with this 2nd picture. Oh, I also must add the 4 center 4 patches were ones I made wrong for your block, but I don't throw any of those away. And I just played with the tiny scraps. The block is about 9", so it's to small for the sampler, but would make a nice mouse mat, or mug mat, or hot pad. I would norally have thrown those tiny scraps away. But I heard you in my head LOL saying "don't do it" "use them". So that's exactly what I did. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. It's a little wonkie because I didn't recut anything until I did square it up.

That is fantastic Katie!! I LOVE that you didn't throw away the scraps!! Yes you are right I would have been right there saying oh no don't throw them away!! I am so glad you did keep them! I love what you came up with!!
That is a great quilt block!! My aim is and was to show people how to create and use the opportunities to do something new! So I am thrilled that you did this!!!

Rhonda 11-17-2010 08:04 PM

You are keeping me busy Rhonda, I get little other stuff done inbetween blocks. Lol. Today I used your Dresden plate template for the first time. I have all the pedals sewn together, but it's not done yet. I've never made a Dresden Plate before, and I'm in the process of doing a kalieoscope, so I didn't make a Dresden Kalieoscope, just the same materials as in my sampler pieces. It will go in the sampler too.

Are we going to get to see this one too? I'm sure it will be lovely!!