Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 04-18-2018 02:23 PM

Wow!!!! Stunning Macebaby, both quilts!
I don't like to do the BH quilts because they're all about the same thing over and over again.

I wish I would finish one quilt before starting the next one. I just told a neighbor today I have too many projects going because I start the next one before finishing something. I need to finish a few, really I do. Funny thing is, the last two quilts I started I already finished......hahaha!

DonnaPea 04-19-2018 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anael and Macybaby - something we have in common, beside Sylvia - Omigosh. Here's mine that I finished last year. I love the finished look but agree with you both - I got a little bored with it by the time I was done. That's why I like Sylvia - lots of variety. Loved seeing your beautiful quilts. Nearly Insane is amazing, but not for me. I find too many aspects of life frustrating as they are and don't want to add that to the refuge I find in quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593188[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 04-19-2018 06:52 AM

It's really fun to see more people how have done (or are doing) the OMG quilt.

But I agree about loving variety. And there are times where I really want to just sit at the machine and sew without having any worries about what color goes where or what step am I doing next. Sure won't get that with the Nearly Insane pattern!

Anael 04-19-2018 07:04 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhh DonnaPea, yours is wonderful. I can only wish.....haha. I have 6 rows done so still a LOT to go!! Maybe I will finish this year, one can always hope :D :D

Judith1005 04-19-2018 07:05 AM

DonnaPea, beautiful quilt. I LOVE the aqua you used for the border. Your new blocks for Sylvia are great. You are going to have such a beautiful and scrappy quilt.

Macybaby, I love that you made your border blocks larger for your quilt. It really makes the quilt look dimensional.

Two similar quilts, spectacular results. I love them both.

Blue Bell 04-19-2018 07:32 AM

Donna, love your scrappy quilt. You border choice really sets off the blocks beautifully.

Teen 04-19-2018 06:50 PM

Karen...thank you! You are half-way done so you should whip the rest out in no time.

Girls....your mini quilt show was fun to see. Gorgeous! Donna....your OMG is amazing..... Macybaby....no doubt you like to challenge yourself. Your quilts are beautiful. And, you will nail the applique technique with your first block. I've been making my applique pieces while I've been traveling. (I'm in Utah this evening and will arrive to our destination tomorrow)

Anael....Geesh....the blocks look crazy difficult to make. The red one is outstanding. I don't know the patterns you guys are referring to but I'll look them up. Probably not for me. I am a no UFO quilt maker so I stay with a quilt until it is binded. That's just me. I have a gazillion projects ready to start but I won't start until I know I can finish them. I took a chance with the SBS with my moving but it was worth it.

On a fun note, i have been corresponding with the designer of the Baltimore Album quilt I'll be starting. She is super excited that I will be starting that soon and asked me to share progress. She loved the pillow I made of one of the blocks. I've never chatted with a pattern designer before so this was fun for me.

talk with you soon!!!

DonnaPea 04-20-2018 04:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll enjoy watching the Baltimore Album & Nearly Insane quilts coming together, no matter what thread you put them on. Teen, did you say once that you have only been quilting a few years? Am I correct about that? You have come a very far way in a short time!

Here are 2 more SBS blocks I finished during this very busy week. Hope to have some quality time with my sewing machine this weekend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593241[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593242[/ATTACH]

Anael 04-20-2018 05:39 AM

Nice blocks DonnaPea! I don't think many brides will think of doing I7 this way, great thinking!!

Teen 04-20-2018 05:45 AM

Love your blocks Donna. G2 fabric is awesome. Yes, I only started quilt making in 2016. Never really sewed before then. I had excellent mentors.