Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Macybaby 04-23-2018 06:15 AM

Donna - nice blocks, you are making good progress!

Teen - your applique pieces look really nice. I sure hope I can get mine to look that good.

My "insane" book should show up mid week, and then I'll start looking at starting that and the DJ together. Right now I plan on using red for both, with using each red only one time in the DJ, and only one fabric per block. So I'll pull two reds and do two DJ blocks, then use the same reds plus some others to do one Insane block. I think I'll also use a light blue to go with the reds on the Insane blocks. I bought some blue to go with the reds for the 19th Mystery, but changed my mind and went with a navy. So I have over 7 yards of a blue that does look real good with the reds. I'll be going with a light beige for the DJ background.

Anael 04-23-2018 06:57 AM

Wow DonnaPea, you nailed every block!!! Lovely!!!! And you're getting better with each block, did you notice?

Great plan Macebaby! Do you have enough reds for your adventure? If not, I can send you some of mine.

Anael 04-23-2018 08:54 AM

I wonder how Dotty is doing. Has anyone heard from her? She should have had her surgery by now. I hope she's ok!

Macybaby 04-23-2018 09:10 AM

thanks for the offer Anael, but I don't think I'll have any problem needing over 200 different reds. I'm including burgundy to pink and I bet I've got close to 400 different fabrics if I include my fat quarter collection.

when DH and I travel, we like to stop at quilt shops and I like to pick up a yard or two (or five) of assorted fabrics, and I'm always drawn to the reds. Now if it was purple, I'd really need some help.

DottyD 04-23-2018 12:36 PM

Hi Anael,
Thanks so much for asking and yes, I had the op on Friday and came home from hospital yesterday. I am still in some pain, which I expected, but am on a lot of medication and which is making me drowsy.
The operation was successful and I have to do regular physio exercises and I have an appointment to go back in a couple of weeks.
The consultant did a minimally invasive procedure and I can't quite believe the incision is only about 5 inches long - with not too much muscle being cut, so hopefully healing will be quicker.
I have been following the posts on here and you are all doing some beautiful work.
Thanks again for remembering me - it means a lot !!

Anael 04-23-2018 12:57 PM

I'm so glad all went well!!! Isn't it wonderful to be able to move right after surgery?
Hopefully soon you won't need the painkillers anymore, they're not fun :(

So......congrats on the new you!!

Macybaby 04-23-2018 04:08 PM

Glad your surgery went well!

My "nearly insane" book showed up today, so the fun (insanity) can begin!

Anael 04-23-2018 09:03 PM

YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Please show your blocks!!!

Macybaby 04-24-2018 09:14 AM

I was looking up a block pattern in my 365 Day Challenge binder, and got the idea, instead of going Nearly Insane, to doing a Totally Insane quilt - no 6" block with under 50 pieces to it. I'll just need to swap out some of the "easier" blocks from the NI quilt with some of the harder ones of the 365 quilt.

Anael 04-24-2018 09:29 AM

:D :D :D You're really insane Macebaby :D :D :D