Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 04-20-2018 06:12 AM

Wow Teen, you really mastered the art of sewing and quilting very quickly!!

Anael 04-20-2018 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8043877)
Karen...thank you! You are half-way done so you should whip the rest out in no time.

Girls....your mini quilt show was fun to see. Gorgeous! Donna....your OMG is amazing..... Macybaby....no doubt you like to challenge yourself. Your quilts are beautiful. And, you will nail the applique technique with your first block. I've been making my applique pieces while I've been traveling. (I'm in Utah this evening and will arrive to our destination tomorrow)

Anael....Geesh....the blocks look crazy difficult to make. The red one is outstanding. I don't know the patterns you guys are referring to but I'll look them up. Probably not for me. I am a no UFO quilt maker so I stay with a quilt until it is binded. That's just me. I have a gazillion projects ready to start but I won't start until I know I can finish them. I took a chance with the SBS with my moving but it was worth it.

On a fun note, i have been corresponding with the designer of the Baltimore Album quilt I'll be starting. She is super excited that I will be starting that soon and asked me to share progress. She loved the pillow I made of one of the blocks. I've never chatted with a pattern designer before so this was fun for me.

talk with you soon!!!

That's great, sharing your work with the designer!! Will you share your progress with us too? Please? Maybe in the picture thread?

Anael 04-21-2018 11:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I went for a ride today. Here are some photos I made, I thought you might want to see a tiny part of my country ;).

Blue Bell 04-21-2018 01:02 PM

I want to more there. So peaceful!

Macybaby 04-21-2018 04:59 PM

very nice! We still have way too much white stuff here. Were there is grass, it's just got a tinge of green. Today's been a gloomy day, hopefully tomorrow will be sunny.

NZquilter 04-21-2018 05:08 PM

I love seeing pictures of the Netherlands, Anael. Thanks for sharing. I am 50% Dutch blood, so even though I've never been to Holland, I pride my heritage. :)

Teen 04-21-2018 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gorgeous, Anael. And, very talented photography. Love the last one.....peaceful and serene....

Working on my applique pieces when I can....

Anael 04-21-2018 09:33 PM

Thank you ladies!
I will post more :) I didn't know you were 50% Dutch NZQuilter!

Teen, wonderful!!! I'm going to try appliqué this way very soon :)

Anael 04-21-2018 11:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few from close to home.

DonnaPea 04-23-2018 05:46 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Teen - your applique border is going to be so beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. Anael - I enjoyed your pictures, especially the windmill. Sadly, we canceled our upcoming northern Europe cruise, so I will not be seeing your lovely country soon as I had planned. Hopefully we can try again sometime in the future.

I had a very peaceful Saturday and Sunday afternoon in my sewing area, and here's what I was able to complete:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593430[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593434[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593435[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]593436[/ATTACH]