Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 04-05-2018 12:29 PM

Oh my DonnaPea, those are gorgeous!!!

Teen 04-05-2018 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Anael.....hang in there....At least there is nothing wrong with the hip appliance. But, you are still in pain and for that I feel sad for you. Still praying for you..

Donna....both of these blocks are fantastic. Seriously, you do a wonderful job in selecting fabrics for each block.

2 more completed today..... 3 friggin' more to go.... Geesh. It's like it's taunting me now.

Judith1005 04-05-2018 04:35 PM

Donnapea,

Teen,

Great blocks. Donna, you have a lovely stash. You blocks are really great. I just love scrappy quilts.

Teen, OMG, your very nearly there. Toot, toot, 3 more to go. By the way, great blocks.

Teen 04-05-2018 04:38 PM

Thank you, Judith! fingers crossed tomorrow is the day. I saved easy ones..at least I hope they are. Better not jinx it. Ha..

Blue Bell 04-05-2018 05:47 PM

Donna-----your blocks are great. Love your fabric selection.
Teen-----your blocks are great, too. I will miss seeing your daily accomplishments.
Donna----you will have to keep up with the SHOW

DonnaPea 04-06-2018 07:16 AM

Teen - Your D7 came out great. That is next on my list. Blue Bell - I'll be around for awhile! I think I only have 39 done, so have a ways to go. They are addictive. I enjoy both the process of quilting and the finished product.

NZquilter 04-06-2018 07:32 AM

Has anyone does SBS as a quilt-as-you-go? I'm just wondering if that would make it less daunting of a project. I really want to start this, but I'm nervous! :)

Anael 04-06-2018 08:44 AM

Teen, more great blocks!! That Peter/Paul block went very well :)

No NZquilter, I didn't in the end. I started is as a QAYG project but gave up halfway the first row. I had to say I was hand quilting and that seemed too much back then. I hardly knew how to piece so hand quilting the whole thing was out of the question. Now my finished top is waiting to be quilted - by me with my sewing machine ;)

Judith1005 04-06-2018 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8035257)
Has anyone does SBS as a quilt-as-you-go? I'm just wondering if that would make it less daunting of a project. I really want to start this, but I'm nervous! :)

You could you know. You could also connect 4 or 6 blocks at a time to do as a quilt-as-you-go block. (To make slightly larger blocks. As SBS is 6.5 " unfinished squares.)

Teen 04-06-2018 01:56 PM

I have finished!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
140 Completed!!!!! Woohoo!!!

I replaced the other drunkards path block (Road to Dublin/I10) with a farmers wife block. I just could not face itty bitty curves again.

Donna...K5 - Oceans Wave....Anael did a PP for this one somewhere on the thread early days (thank you!). You will probably have to increase as well. I increased to 104%. For scale..the big center block should measure 3 3/8. Picture below too...

I will lay them out later. Off to get a pedicure...lol! I deserve it!