Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 05-28-2015, 04:50 AM

Thanks everyone. I am having fun. sorta. now that the chairs are 90 percent done I can almost breath the rest will be so much easier. way easier. I think the drinks and what not will be so much easier than beach chairs! and flowers? hoping to find a nice floral fabric or four that I can make large blocks out of similar to the ones used in the quilt here with the loons on it! wouldn't that be just lovely (ok for me it would) and then I will frame them out once or twice each one and be done with it!

the picture of the lady with the little girl on the beach reminds me of the many times we took the boys to the beach growing up. for some reason not so much my own daughter but the boys. We took them to Mexico we took them to Hawaii we took them to San Diego and to Santa cruz and Cruz and Carmel. I just think that is why the place seems so easy for me to think about. I know it always brought good memories with it. Thanks for sharing the great photo!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:53 AM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;7124646]hum just saying ... wondering and wondering!

I do have something to say and I will say it loud and clear. I talk about things I want. I have lots of them.. like everyone else does. I guess I am more vocal. It is not an pleading for those things to be sent to me because well I would put out a request for oh say a 1 Million bucks or a new kidney. I don't beg for that and I wont beg for anything. I just talk. I was accused yesterday of requesting things by saying I cant afford that. No I am saying I cant afford it but wouldn't it be nice.. nothing more. Please don't send me things this way no one can think I am in this for anything but the joy of your companionship. Period. I like being here. I love chatting with everyone. Nothing more. nothing less. so know I am here for the joy of being here just like everyone else. It never was about stuff and it amazes me someone would write such unpleasant news.

I so agree with you, speaking of something to me is not a hint that someone should send something. And anyone that would think that, well.......... I dream a lot, I have wishes, and I go after what I can when I can. As it was, that book that was mentioned, I too thought was great, checked on Amazon, got a decent price and splurged on myself. I am happy someone surprised you, surprises are fun. I am sure it was sent for no other reason than they thought a lot of you, appreciate your help, enjoy surprises, and just had fun with it. Don't worry about what someone else thinks, enjoy. We are all here for friendship, sharing and enjoying. I don't know a soul, but have had such a great time with learning, reading, and laughing. I have also shared times of sorrow and prayers. We all take what we want from this site, and I don't see anything negative. Enjoy dear lady, sorry you felt you had to voice this, ignore, not everyone thinks that way.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
hum just saying ... wondering and wondering!

I do have something to say and I will say it loud and clear. I talk about things I want. I have lots of them.. like everyone else does. I guess I am more vocal. It is not an pleading for those things to be sent to me because well I would put out a request for oh say a 1 Million bucks or a new kidney. I don't beg for that and I wont beg for anything. I just talk. I was accused yesterday of requesting things by saying I cant afford that. No I am saying I cant afford it but wouldn't it be nice.. nothing more. Please don't send me things this way no one can think I am in this for anything but the joy of your companionship. Period. I like being here. I love chatting with everyone. Nothing more. nothing less. so know I am here for the joy of being here just like everyone else. It never was about stuff and it amazes me someone would write such unpleasant news.

ok back to fun things. I hope to see pictures of the next adventure (round 2!). I am definitely going to use squares in the next round. I wonder will you continue in the same manner you started in? I have been going over lovely landscape quilts back and forth. The hardest part it seems to be similar to the first book I had in that its for more.. wall hanging fused quilts rather than sewn ones so the challenge is to transfer what I like in that book to what I want in this quilt. one that can be washed over and over and still hold up. I think she will hang it on her wall but she might fool me and use it as a lap quilt then I will be worrying day in and day out about it holding up. so sew it down I will!
Silly me, just realized, I found this board kind of by accident and am really enjoying it. I just responded to something that was in March, lol, but it doesn't matter as I would have felt that way then too. It just got me how someone always has to take the fun out of things. This would have been fun to join, but I have definitely enjoyed reading everything on it.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
So, here are my mountains. About 6" high and 32" wide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514140[/ATTACH]
Love these mountains, great idea!!!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:54 AM

Anyone working on their quilts? wow are we all done? I am sure not! thinking that as much as I don't enjoy doing applique (I do fused then edged with a blanket stitch) wish I knew how to do needle turn watched it on the computer but still think I need to see it in person. I adore those old fashioned quilts with needle turn but haven't had anyone teach me how. I am a hands on learner. If you don't do it in front of me .. I simply don't get it. with sewing that is.. I can learn from a book ok basic things like.. history lol. not sewing. I have to do it with someone else. Jaba has been a great help to me but she doesn't do that either. darn it!

I am going for the round of cocktails next. the simple picture of a glass with a straw in it! tada! lol. a row of them maybe three? then a couple other blocks in between similar to what the loon quilt here has. a row of mixed cocktails and pinwheels or such. sounds good to me plus grin.. it gets me out of doing a whole lot of applique blocks. sneaky sneaky!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok I am here again! tada! its my day off and I am taking advantage of it completely. not moving fast and truly I don't care. sometimes you have to gift yourself with a time out for sure. I have cut my strips for sand. I chickened out and decided no way can I do wavy strips. just yet anyhow. sigh. but I am going with wide strips because fear of applique over seams is stressing me out too much. ok applique is stressing me out lol. I want those beach chairs done yesterday. I tried drawing them five times the other day. think another five times and they will be passible enough to cut out. too bad I just didn't find an applique chair in the right size to put on or a fabric with say 8" lounge chairs lol like that is going to happen! so.. gulp its me and those nemesis chairs. will post a picture after I finish this next round.

I am in heaven over what you guys have done. WOW is all I can say. double wow. yup. The variety and CREATIVITY is amazing. You can start in any time people. if you are not started yet its ok. I have four rounds to do for the row robin part. one for top, bottom and two sides. all will be different. so that is another four months After I finish the round with the beach scene. its going to be a long time lol but it makes me happy so that is worth the row a month! you can jump on in! we will be here. bet you some will be on their second or third try before I finish my first! and that's ok. not all can be champion quilters! but we can sure try! I cant wait to see what your doing and please share. thank you so much for sharing past quilts. it is very inspiring. also.. I need a few ideas for a round of cocktails and one of tropical flowers.. so if you have done one show us! (ok show me!)
I am sure you are all done by now, but maybe for next time. You said you couldn't find a chair to applique on, so how about finding a good chair you like the picture of, and saving it to your computer, then print it off on material, and use that to applique? Just wondering if that is possible?
Old 05-29-2015, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
my sea gulls - saw them online and had to order the pattern from paper Panache. They worked together better than I expected!
now this is major adorable, lol.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:47 PM

I am still here - have had a week of vertigo and sinus issues. Feeling better and have been working on other things. Have to get pictures of what I have done, and need to figure out what I want to frame the beach scene with and then add the other rows.
I did paperpiece some cocktails!!
Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 PM

Hey all, I'm still here, too, and have many rows to go to finish my Ozarks Memories quilt. I've really been set back by 8 weeks of illness and what energy and sewing time I've had have been dedicated to other projects...like my oldest granddaughter's 2nd birthday (today). I made her a rag doll and matching doll quilt (pics below). Now I have to make some puppets for VBS in 2 or 3 weeks...my husband writes plays every year which the 2 of us act out (behind very dark curtains) and this year he wants a giraffe, a monkey, a cheetah, an elephant and a hippo as well as an native guide. Here's a couple pictures of some of my other puppets, from previous years.
In regards to my quilt...here's a picture showing that my water is all laid out and the HSTs are all done. My next row will be Ozark mountains through the seasons. (My goal is to have the quilt finished for Christmas and I think that I'll make it with plenty of time).
Attached Thumbnails quorrahs-rag-doll.jpg   ozarks-sunset-water-progress-1.jpg   ozarks-sunset-water-progress-2.jpg   small-hand-puppets-india.jpg   dragon-puppet-2013a.jpg  

dragon-puppet-2013b.jpg   lamb-puppet-2014.jpg  
Old 05-30-2015, 06:27 PM

Oops...I noticed that the picture of the doll quilt didn't post, so here it is:
Attached Thumbnails quorrahs-rag-doll-quilt2.jpg