Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    Wow.. did I read that right? These are scraps from the 1970's till now? I cannot imagine your stash! Jealous!
    I do have a nice little stash but most of those scraps from70s 80s &90s are from sewing clothing i had 4 girls and 2 granddaugthers i sewed for
    esther

Judy no green in quantities. a medium royal blue pattern but you dont really see it. maybe that will work? I have rust also and black of course and cream is going to be the one light color (not really a color is it?).. prefer not black. also brown lots of brown shades.. and khaki green have that oo so guess I see what we are doing with it tomorrow and go from there? afternoon jaunt for me as I have dialysis in the morn

Marybeth moving in with you and becoming your new best friend. Jan can come too. We will secretly be snagging your 30's fabric and whipping up quilts with it in no time. I have a collection of vintage tablecloths one day for a quilt a 30's original fabric quilt OMG you had best remove that post you will be robbed. did I say how much I love you today? lol (guys think it is working) what great hair you have today? and your hips? so slender! um.. help me out here.. uh your eyes glitter like stars in the night.. (gag?)..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I am with Elisabrat. I do not have 30's material or at least enough to make anything. But after making a square for quiltingMomma for the Boom in 30's fabrics from my friends stash........I sure would love some. But being on a limited budget going out to just buy it is beyond my reach. But gee if we tell MaryT how much we love her and we could sneak into her car and help her pick up this material than maybe she will share? LOL.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Name:  mystery quilt 2.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  157.0 KBName:  mystery quilt 3.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  137.0 KBName:  mystery quilt.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  130.4 KBOk, I have decided to join this mystery train.... every other trip I just sat in the caboose and stalked you, but have decided to head to the dining car to join you.... starting christmas gift early perhaps....

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    "girlscouts1" love the idea of a scrappy Christmas quilt. Great 9 patches
    ​Christine

Quossum, great blocks and love the novelties. So glad you found us.

Aw, sewnso, I do too get up early! Usually by 6:30 or 7 in winter when it is still dark, always by 6 or earlier in summer when the birds do their wake-up jabber as the sky begins to lighten. I just give myself an 8 a.m. post time in case I see a last minute correction, like I forgot to resize a photo. And once on my first mystery in February, I had no internet connection! Now, that I call a disaster.

girlscout, great idea, great selection of xmas novelties. And glad you are no longer lurking in the dark corners of the club car. I heard some whispering last ride that the conductor were going to call the quilt police on you, they thought maybe you were a stash stealer, but we assured them you were harmless.

So, tomorrow all the anxiety of A and B will be revealed and you can happily go off and start cutting and sewing. Can't wait to see what you come up with. See you by 8:00 a.m. MST at the very latest.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Well, I may be a stash stealer, if I find Mary's 1930's stash...... I too am envious... what a find!

This lurker is also coming out of the dark corner of the club car. Been watching you guys having so much fun with the other mystery trains that I thought is was time to jump on this scrappy train. I love a scrappy! Hope there is a room for this batik scrappy. I have 16 - 4 1/2" blocks left over from a quilt I made a few years ago that I have been holding on to for the right quilt for them. This one is it!
    Name:  IMG_3469.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  60.4 KB
    Deb

Blog Entries
    Judy, I need you guidance!! My blocks were already cut to 4", should I cut the 4 1/2" X 2 1/2" pieces to 4" X 2 1/2 inches to go with my four inch blocks? Thaks for letting me know. I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow's next clue!!
    Last edited by SulaBug; 01-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

I still need to figure out what I am going to use for A and B has to be from stash so may be interesting not sure what I will find. But I have plenty of fabric just do not know if it will play nicely with the others

Sewsewquilter love the batiks I am jealous now
    ​Christine

Once Mary gets her new fabric stash and sees the authentic 30's fabric she will fall in love with it and probably guard it with her life
    ​Christine

My squares are done. After tomorrow's clue I will choose my big pieces of fabric!

I'm watching the moonlight glistening on the snow as the train travels through Minnesota.

This was such a relaxing day sewing big 9-patches and watching the scenery go by. I do think, however, that my scraps are somewhat drab compared to the pictures posted here. I'm hoping when it's all done, that they will look beautiful in that ugly way if you know what I mean. :-)

Diet coke anyone? Nice chilly night to stay up and sew.

Blog Entries
    Wow, I just never knew I had so many best friends! We are not leaving until about 10 am, soooo I might have time to do the next clue, or at the very least know what to pick for my A & B fabric.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

This will by my 1st mystery train ride. I followed along last time, but did not complete. Can't wait. I had just found this today. Have to get really busy it get caught up.

I am in Iowa for the weekend for a Christmas dinner with my siblings. Drove right through Minnesota on my way. It would be nice if the chatter would cease after Judy posts the next clue. It makes it so hard to find the clue with all the posting. I won't be able to print it out until Monday. Hahaha Is anyone else laughing? This is such a fun chatty group!
    Anngelanne, I am so sorry about your father. Those are tough days to get through.

Marybeth I will hold the hords off of you. STAND BACK. SHE IS NO LONGER GIVING INTERVIEWS>> MARYBETH HAS PUT HER STASH IN A SAFE LOCATION AND CAN NO LONGER BE HARASSED FOR HER 30's FABRIC AT THIS TIME. That is it go home, vacate the premises or we will have to send out the cats. I mean it! (did that help and the hired help gets paid in fabric right? old fabric??)

Newsflash: Marybeth's mother fell today and has injured herself. She will be flying up to see what they can do for her. Keep her in your prayers, both of them. I think she will be quilting with us from afar.

We dont chat.. we pontificate. Much more regal. Pam, you simply need to look at it with one eye closed and the other looking up at the ceiling. Then you will get it. And the next clue I plan on coming in, sweeping up and snagging it withone hand and running so no one will get the clue. it will be mine all mine! shoot. wait aminute I am not home til noon California time. someone else will get it first. darn it. well I would have swear to you I would have. if I could'a shoot.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Thanks Linda, I appreciate the help, and the prayer request. And yes I am taking my sewing machine, my lap top, my Kindle and my cell phone, just a few things I have to have with Me.

Update on my Mom, no broken bones, The Dr thought she broke her hip, and that is usually never very good. My Mom is stubborn, so My sister and I are going to check into finding an assisted living facility for her. She does not want it but there is no way we can stay with her 24 -7. This is not an easy decision but I hope we make the right one. I will be in Oregon for a few weeks.

thanks for the prayers, Marybeth
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Love the train ride the swaying of the cars just like a lullaby Mmmm so sleepy - what's that you say - powdered sugar on my nose and on the front of my PJ's NO no it's snow. Okay, you had me at the Cream Puffs and I haven't stopped since! The blueberry jam was yummy. Need some protein - I'm off to make some meatballs we can use toothpicks to eat so we can keep sorting through the fabrics. You all are so creative and tricky shh where's that 30's fabric she'll never know we were snooping oh just to touch it. Good thing our fearless leader likes to sleep late (please don't let it be the flu!) we still have plenty of time to see what everyone else is up to - need coffee

Blog Entries
    okay PMJ. just knew we used to tease you about 'where is the clue'. etc. just meant don't expect it at 6 a.m mt time or west coast time. like, here i am looking at 8:30 michigan time. you are a jewel. glad you do this. waiting , drinking coffee. think i'll find those powder sugar confect's and the 2nd cup of coffee .

cheese danish going in at noon an odd time but thats when I get home they are marvelous cold so an afternoon snack and with cheese they are almost feeling.. healthy! and I say a kaboob. that way we dont have to stop while sorting we can just eat that giant flat meatball otherwise we have to go back for more.

fresh wonderful fuji apples anyone? I am enjoying one right now and they are so crunchy and sweet and juicy. I will share. An apple a day keeps the flu away. knock on wood. I am excited to do the next step. all those blocks saying use me or fix me going with the use me but after this clue will know if they need fixing. hope green works crossing fingers. or blue. its christmas green, or burnt red or christmas red or blue with a tiny tiny pattern a dusty blue or orange egad nope not orange. oh that made me shudder. sorry. cant help it . orange is for halloween and thats about it for me. still shaking the head no. lol and I typed it
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I'm baking a cheese/mushroom/spinach omelet to take to a brunch. Will also bake one for the train ride. It sure is smelling good.

Blog Entries
    Linda,

That is when I appreciate a good cheese danish. I just cannot do sugar before noon.

I am still cutting squares, but should finish enough later today to start stitching. Hope to pick up A and B today, have no idea what they will be, but will know them when I see them. It is scrappy after all.

MMMMM, just had a thought, I can buy fabrics I reallly like and add them to my stash. Then pick A and B from my stash. I just love buying fabric!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Dear Mary, I am Tracy, your new best friend! I don't mind to store that 1930's fabric for you, after all, we know each other so well, you know I would NEVER use any without your say so! I have plenty of room! I won't mind the old musty smell of it at all. Your new best friend, heck, we are so close, might as well call me Sis, Tracy.

I am waiting... as patiently as I can... for the next clue. Cheese danish....Mmmm....

Those cheese Danish sure were good! Perfect for a rainy Saturday morning. Finally picked my background fabric. It is a light blue sorta basket weave look that works with all the odd assortment of colors in my 9 patches.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast