Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-01-2018, 02:05 AM

Dotty - glad to read you are on the mend!

Teen - bummer that you'll need to stop at the LQS - big sigh.

Today is a telework day, which means I can get a couple of hours sewing in before logging in to work (time normally spent getting ready and to work). So I should be able to get the Snake River quilt finished and off the frame, and maybe even mount the ribbon quilt. Yesterday was a long, busy day at work, so I need some sewing time!

The CMIYC quilt will not get on the frame for some time. I'm going to concentrate on getting the ones I am willing to part with done, and that is one I plan on keeping. I've found that is a down side to not making quilts for specific people, I sometimes get attached and don't want to part with them. So then I have to have them a while and eventually I get less attached and then they can go to a new home. Better for them to be the only one, or one of a few at someone else's house, than to be one of a stack in the closet at mine.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:32 AM

LOL Macebaby, I hear you. I change the quilts on my bed quite often so all of them are used.

I have a problem with one of my quilts. It's a wall hanging or table topper, whatever. But it's not happening as the fabric stretches while quilting.....never had that before. The embroidered parts pucker and won't lay flat. I tossed it, took it out of the trash bin again and now I don't know what to do. I posted it on a facebook group and of course everyone is telling me to finish it. I've been staring at it today and I am not happy with it. I will take a few pictures and post them here.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 AM

We have a Facebook group where people can sell their fabric and other craft stuff.
I'm really getting annoyed when people ask.........is it real quiting fabric? Wow.......it's quilting fabric when I decide I am going to make a quilt with it. I know what they mean but hey, back in the days......LOL
You know what I mean. Why does it have to be expensive fabric, 44" wide, from a quiltshop?
You can't quilt with anything else........ha!
Is it just me?
Old 05-01-2018, 01:20 PM

No, it's not just you. Though, I will say I'm kind of a fabric snob but quilting is quilting regardless of quality or blend of fabric. Regarding wall hanging/table runner. You can always set it aside and look at it 3 mos from now. And, if the embroider is easy to cut around, you could cut them out and make mini wall hangings or mug rugs or pot holders. That is a lot of work to just toss.

Macybaby....if my DH didn't like so many of my quilts and say to me "don't give that away", I would have less on hand. Some, I tell him straight out that it's a gift so he knows in advance. I've only made one quilt for our king bed but I like Anael idea of changing out quilt tops.

Another busy day for us....now just chilling in the RV and BBQ'ing din din.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:29 PM

Macybaby, Beautiful!! Love all the color!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:36 PM

Thanks Teen, great idea to set it aside. It's hanging over a chair right now. I can make some pillow covers out of it, even the way it is now, half quilted

What's on my bed now? The Sylvia Farmer's Bride (Sylvia and Farmer's Wife blocks combined LOL) and the one I made in honor of my mom. First picture is Sylvia and second is Ode to my Mom. It's still cold at night here though temps will rise again in the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails 777009552366759.jpg   677998672267848.jpg  
Old 05-02-2018, 03:13 AM

Aneal, Two awesome quilts. Love them both. The second one would look lovely on your bed for summer.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:26 AM

Thank you Blue Bell!
Old 05-02-2018, 04:19 AM

Anael - just love both of them !!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-11-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 05-02-2018, 04:24 AM

Thank you Dotty!