Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-02-2018, 04:58 AM

Anael, those are both lovely! I am really drawn to the second one. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on my quilting so I can start on my "Insane and Jane" quilts.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:13 AM

Thank you Macebaby!
Looking forward to seeing your Insane Jane blocks
Old 05-02-2018, 12:02 PM

Anael - I love both of your quilts, especially the 2nd one. You use such bright cheery fabrics - I love that in a quilt.

I change out my quilts on my bed very frequently, about every other month, so they all get a turn to show off. The others are on a quilt rack at the end of the bed. I have a twin bed in our office/guest room that my granddaughter uses when she spends the night, and have about 3 twin size quilts that take turns in there as well, with the extras on another quilt rack. We are considering switching from a queen-sized bed to a king-size soon, hopefully over the summer, so I'm glad Sylvia is so large and will grace that new bed.

I only have 1 new block to show, so will save it till I have more. Meanwhile, Anael showed some beautiful pictures recently of her homeland, so thought I would show you what beautiful east Tennessee looks like.[ATTACH=CONFIG]593881[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails drg.jpg  
Old 05-02-2018, 02:56 PM

Anael....gorgeous quilts, as usual. I'm going to start calling you the "Sampler Girl" since you totally rock on samplers.

Macybaby....if I know you, you'll have that pile of quilts quilted by Friday. Lol!

Donna.....love Tennessee and that picture is gorgeous!!!
Old 05-02-2018, 03:09 PM

Since we are sharing pictures..... My view from my property (I'm standing in our workshop)... And second pic is me on the Boise River. This is Southwest Idaho....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Oh my, what a view!!!!!!!!!! Stunning!!!!! And Tennessee!!!!!!! I wish I could see all that and more!

Thanks for the compliments on my quilts You're all so kind!
Teen, I like samplers as I get bored easily! Nice to see you 'in person'!
Old 05-03-2018, 04:34 AM

you all are making me jealous - I live in the flat area of SD, you can see for miles, but there is not much to see . . .

though I think the place looks pretty good once we got it all fixed up.

This was what it looked like when we bought it, not bad but not country farmhouse either.

I had a wonderful view when we lived in WI. DH and I plan on moving to southern GA when we retire, but that is 8-10 years down the road so that plan my change. Our two kids both live in Atlanta right now.

I am halfway done with the ribbon quilt - another king size quilt so it's take a while. I'll have to figure out backings for the 12 I have upstairs, and that will probably take a whole day. At least I've started cutting the bindings at the same time I get the top done, since it may be a long time from completed floppy to binding, and I didn't want to accidentally use up the fabric I needed in the interim.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:31 AM

Oh..Macybaby.....your home is beautiful! You guys really did a lot to it. My family is in Georgia, as well. They are just west of Atlanta in Carolton. We thought about retiring there because we love the south but the humidity and hurricane/thunderstorm/tornado weather changed our mind. Tennessee was also considered until we decided on Idaho. Lots of beautiful country to pick from in the US.

I learned early on to cut my binding right away, too. Though, I don't typically let mine sit, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks before I bind..

I am anxious to get back home and finish my SBS. I keep looking at my applique pieces and I get excited to work on it.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:07 AM

I'm fine with trading Hurricane/thunderstorm/tornado for what we currently have, which is Blizzard/thunderstorm/tornado.

Mostly I'm sick of snow . . .
Old 05-03-2018, 07:10 AM

Lovely home Macebaby!! I could live there even when there's not much to see

I still need to learn I need binding and not use the fabric in another project (like I do quite often ha!). Maybe one day.......one can always hope