Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 05-03-2018, 11:39 AM

That was fun - seeing your homes. Macybaby - y'all did quite a renovation there! Are those lilacs blooming behind the white fence? And Teen, I love your view and your river. You are right - there are so many beautiful places in this country. Never been to Idaho, would like to take an extended Western trip sometime in the future.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:18 PM

I'm going on another bike ride this Saturday so I will take more pictures and share them with you. I love seeing where you all live and one can only wish......maybe one day I'm going to make it to the USA I would love to see at least a part of your country!
Old 05-03-2018, 03:26 PM

I'll have a guest bedroom ready for you, Anael.

I'm exhausted! Final inspection for DH's workshop w/bathroom is Monday. Yea!! We have a lot to do still before then but we are close.

Maybe heading home early next week. I love RV'ing but I'm ready for my own bed. Lol...
Old 05-03-2018, 09:50 PM

Awwwww thank you Teen!!
Old 05-04-2018, 04:46 AM

I've got the king size rainbow quilt off the frame! I still have 4 smaller quilts in the shed, and then the 12 still in the house. So that is only 4 of the twenty done, but two of them were king size, and of the rest, the SBS is the largest, but not king! Several of the rest are lap size and many of them can be quilted in a few hours.

Kind of nice to get the monsters out of the way first, though my stack of "to bind" is growing.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:00 AM

Once you did bind them you're all done!! I'm proud of you, finishing your UFO's!!
It's not 'only 4 of 20 done' but 'already 4 of 20 done, only 16 left'!!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Anael, I love your latest 2 quilts you shared. But, I really favor the 2nd one. I love all the applique and, I love the green border. They are both beautiful.

I love all your photos of your homes. I live in a regular old suburban area. (Pretty boring, actually.) But, I still love living here. Just wish my grands lived a little closer. Oh well, as in life, you can't have everything.

I have had 4 quilts returned to me from the quilter's in the last few months. Now, I need to have a binding party and get them finished up. One is as old as 2013. Probably the oldest one I sent off. The next is a 2014 start date. They are nothing as intricate as what you ladies have complete. But, It is with a sense of accomplishment that they are at least quilted and awaiting binding. Which thank the lord, I had the foresight to cut and have ready when I mailed them out. I am finding, that I have used different fabrics that were supposed to be used up to finishing several quilts. So, I had to be a bit creative. All's fair in scrappy's is the way I look at it.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Thank you Judith!

Looks like some of you are having a binding party Nice to hear the UFO pile is shrinking.......haha. Not here though
Old 05-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Does any of you know the Splendid Sampler?
I saw a finished quilt and thought it's great. When I saw some of the blocks I remembered I started downloading and making the first few and lost interest because of the difference in the blocks. I regret I didn't get them all......isn't that always the case? Silly me. Now I have to order the book if I want the patterns. In the mean time there's the Splendid Sampler 2, not yet available but you can pre order the book. It will be available in October. So.........anyone?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Judith....I've seen your work so I know your quilts are lovely. Congrats on getting these ready for binding.

Anael... That sampler is adorable. So many cute blocks...a lot more applique blocks. Some of the paper piecing blocks look a bit more challenging. I couldn't tell how big the blocks are but it looks like only 100? I am not in a position to begin another sampler this size but I bookmarked it to look at later. Just love the blocks.