Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 PM

No...not a guild member...like you, not really a joiner. Don't mind sharing ideas or donating to them but I don't do well with other's agenda's.....make sense? Anyway, didn't commit to going to a guild meeting to share my Sylvia. This was just a group of quilter's who meet at the church every Monday to sew and gossip. Lol.... I had never met them before (my church is huge in number), but I did share QB with them so maybe someone new will pop in....
Old 06-11-2018, 04:41 PM

I know you're not a joiner, that's why I was wondering.
Not much sewing done on Mondays
Lets just wait and see if anyone joins our journey!
Back to bed, it's 2.40 am here now
Old 06-11-2018, 04:59 PM

Nighty night!!! See you in the morning light!
Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Now it's 7 am
Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 AM

I didn't get any quilting done on Sunday - spent the morning weeding in the garden and getting the potatoes ready to hill. Then used the afternoon to make myself a maxi dress in cotton knit - very loose and comfortable. First time I used my new serger for anything serious, so it took more time figureing out how to set it up than do the sewing! It does the cover stitches along with the serging stitches. My old one was over 30 years old, so figured I could justify an upgrade.

I did get a bit of quilting done yesterday evening and again this morning before work. I'm almost wishing for fall so I'll not need to take time from sewing to do outdoor work lol!

Thursday DH and I will be going to a quilt show about 4 hours away. I'm getting excited and ready to shop and look and get inspired! I'm tempted to take a shirt and put "MacyBaby" on the back just to see if anyone comes up and says hello. With as active as this board is, I'm surprised I rarely meet people who even know about it when I've visiting quilt shops and quilt shows.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:12 AM

Why don't you? You never know who will be there also!!!
Have fun Cathy!!
Old 06-12-2018, 09:43 AM

Have a great time....what a great idea, too, about t-shirt. There were lots of board members who went to Road to Calif....We probably walked by each other there. I wish I could just whip out a maxi dress. I've never sewn a garment but once in awhile, I look through the pattern books at Joann's and think I might try it. Whole new set of sewing rules, tho.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM

I did sew my garments for a long long time. I even sold dresses, skirts and tops on the internet, the gothic ones Now I don't sew garments anymore, only quilts hahahaha.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:54 AM

Love the t-shirt idea, Cathy! I've thought of it myself, but so far haven't done it. Have fun at the quilt show!

I've never belonged to a quilt guild either. I used to think I would like to but now I'm not so sure. I like to do my own thing at my own pace. I would probably enjoy a "bring your own projects and gossip ' group Kind of like an informal quilting bee. Our church is too small and I honestly don't know if any of the ladies quilt at all.

I've had to put Syliva away until the move is over. We are down to the last crunch I feel. My DH has already started work out there so he had to leave before us. He is living in his parents guestroom. I'm already missing him and so are the girls. I just keep telling myself it's only for a couple of weeks, but then I ask myself why on earth are we doing this! Hopefully it'll all be forgotten after the move is oved...
Old 06-12-2018, 10:09 AM

Oh, Anael....How cool that you made/sold garments. I don't know what gothic means or looks like but I'll look it up. If I attempt garment sewing, looks like I have a couple of resources for help,mat least, I hope so.

NZ... The gossip group is exactly that....they were really sweet and I'd probably enjoy sewing with them. I may go sew with them a couple times before I move. I'm still mid-stage in move. We take our first load this weekend. I cannot wait to get this over. I'm tired of the boxes. Won't be long before your precious family is back together again and settling in to a new home and future. I hope your husband is enjoying his new position. Separation is temporary and thank goodness he has a place to stay until you'all get there. This is exciting for your little family. And, FaceTime is awesome for times like these for your girls...