Advice on Slimming Down

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM

I just signed up for Jorge Cruise online, a 4 wk program called Fast Track to the Belly Fat Cure. (catchy, huh?)
I am a nurse, but have still learned lots from his videos and support system. I encourage you to check him out.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 PM

A lady at work lost a good bit of weight & really lost inches using the Leslie Sansone walking DVD. Using one of those stretchy bands like she does really helps too. The program gives you a really good work-out in the privacy of your own home; You can order on-line cheaper, & the deluxe set comes with the stretchy band & the 1, 2 & 3 mile walk. In whatever your efforts, be consistent, and if you can, have a close buddy for mutual encouragement and accountability. Good luck!! Don't give up!!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

You are doing great with your weight loss! As for reducing the "middle areas", those are the first places the weight goes ON and will be the last it comes OFF. Just keep doing what you are doing and be patient. Eventually when you near your goal, those areas will be smaller too.

My son lost a ton of weight when he decided he would not drink anything other than water. We really don't need anything to drink besides water. Too many calories hide in other drinks.

My last advice to you would be to BUILD MUSCLE. Learn how to lift weights. You can learn a dumbbell workout that you can do in your dorm room. Muscle mass is the greatest fat burning furnace there is. Muscle consumes a lot of calories and will burn fat even when you sleep. Boost your metabolism by putting on as much new muscle as you can.

You can do it!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 PM

Lots of water, dont give up there are bad times but write down your weight today and keep on walking every day and compare your weight next week with todays, dont look everyday at the scale.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I've lost about thirty pounds since I started school and the only places its been noticeable has been my neck/collarbone area, face, legs and a bit in the arms. I know it's hard to lose in the tummy, hips, and bum areas but I just want to know how I can help those areas out. I'm not the athletic kind and running is not feasible at this time. I'm trying to eliminate soda from my diet and to drink more water and juice.

What can I do to help reduce the tummy and other mention areas? I try to walk every other night and that has helped a bit.
You are doing great! Thirty pounds is a huge accomplishment. Can't offer any special advice, but wanted to say I think you are doing well. :-)
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM

Yes I forgot, don't eat any white food on your plate.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by B. Louise
People who drink 2 8 oz. glasses of water before their meals exercise by running to the bathroom!
LMBO!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by B. Louise
People who drink 2 8 oz. glasses of water before their meals exercise by running to the bathroom!
LMBO!!!
roflshmsfoaidmt (Rolling on floor laughing so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco!)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 PM

go to Diabetesnet.com This is a great calculator even if you don't have diabetes. After logging on, go to Nutritional tools & Info. Click on Calorie Estimator. Put in your info. No matter what, choose "very sedintary" & "35%" when filling out the info. This will give you a little chart that tells you how many carbs & calories you can eat in a day with suggestions on how to divide up your eating. Now go to library or buy a little book with foods listed & how many calories & carbs in each. Make yourself a list of EVERY food in that book that you LIKE & how many calories in one column & how many carbs in another column. You will most likely have to give up real soda to do this just like I did.It took me a few weeks to fully realize this. You won't lose any wt. for about two wks. Then all of a sudden,you will!! People always talk about calories & fat when talking diets. BUT it is the CARBS that you are going to be most concerned about, & keeping in the cals recommended. Look for the more Healthy carbs on your list, but without the soda, which is at least 49/soda, you can do alot of other eating. You will be surprised!. I found this out because after 4 major surgeries in 8 months, the last one leaving me disabled, I could no longer work, walking/standing is painful, etc. Because of that & my terrible addiction to real Coca cola, my blood sugar was getting bad & without the ex. I got walking 8 hrs a day at work I gained a lot & I'm 60 so it's harder to keep it off.. It took 3 wks to change over to diet cola (coke zero).Juice is bad. After I got rid of the coke, it felt like the wt. was falling off. I swear I could feel it! I can tell you more about it if you are interested if you want to PM me. But give it a try. My magic carb # is 149 per day at 5" 4". Now 130#lbs & loving it!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 PM

A dietician told me not to eat anything that you can't tell what it was when it grew. Meat qualifies because you can see it was muscle. Veggies, fruit, etc. are obvious. I have lost 100lbs, just following this simple plan. What does a pasta tree look like anyway????