Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For All of You Animal Lovers >

For All of You Animal Lovers

For All of You Animal Lovers

Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 PM

I have also seen the video about Skidboot...isn't he wonderful.
My DH and I also have a rescue puppy. LuCee is a two year old toy poodle. My avatar is our last pup...the love of our lives. We lost him two years ago and a day doesn't go by that we don't talk about our "Melvin"...rescued Lhasa.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM

I have 7 little foster kittens up in our guest room, the kitten nursery, and another little boy who has a nasty cold in my son's bedroom (he is at school). 3 of the babies go for their surgery tomorrow then up for adoption on Thursday. I'll cry (that's an understatement) but know that their forever parents just have to walk thru the door of the adoption center. The other 4 will be here another 2-3 weeks. They are still pretty little and very, very cute. Thanks to anyone who has ever rescued an animal. Bless you all.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 AM

Our last three dobermans have been from a rescue (well, one of them was a rottweiller mix...) They shall always be our K9 babies.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 AM

Could you please send me, my email is [email protected] :thumbup:
Old 09-21-2010, 02:50 PM

We have 5 rescued dogs who came and stayed. All are seniors now. They are such a joy, even when they're a pain. We also have 2 rescued cockatoos, one of which had surgery today and is wearing a cone which she is NOT happy about and doesn't hesitate to let us know.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 PM

I have three rescue cats. One of them belonged to a neighbor down the street that just threw her out. I tried to foster them, but they became attached to my heart. So, for the record, I have 4 cats, 1 dog and 2 rescued parakeets. God bless all of you who rescue and foster. May God bless you ten fold.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Awwww Thanks for sharing. Bless you & your DH for doing Rescue. It is rewarding, expensive, draining in a lot of ways at times, but oh so worth it.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
We have 5 rescued dogs who came and stayed. All are seniors now. They are such a joy, even when they're a pain. We also have 2 rescued cockatoos, one of which had surgery today and is wearing a cone which she is NOT happy about and doesn't hesitate to let us know.
I'd love to see a picture of a bird with that cone on!

I promise we won't laugh loud enough for him/her to hear!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM

My husband and I have 2 adopted labs.One is a chocolate lab and one is a yellow lab mix...Our previous dog was a black lab mix dumpster dog...He died of malignant melanoma of the mouth...What a terrible way to go.....But adopted dogs do make the best pets....My son has a yellow lab that he adopted from a lab rescue in texas...The labs are really good with the grandchildren...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Two of my little baby foster girls, Winefred & Willow, went to their new forever home, together, last night. The tears that I shed were happy tears instead of sad ones. Now their little brother, Willum, is all by himself, but I have high hopes that his forever parents will walk through the door soon. I still have 4 more up in the guest room who have to weigh 2 lbs before they can have their surgery. I just realized that I'm not trying to hurry them out of here, I'm having so much fun with them. I also know however that their forever homes are waiting for them, so the longer I keep them, the longer it is they will wait. It's a catch 22. Thank you to all of you that have adopted through the rescue system. You are all a blessing to those who have no voice but give so much love.
Until they all have homes,
Wendy