Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For All of You Animal Lovers >

For All of You Animal Lovers

For All of You Animal Lovers

Old 10-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Willum is in his new forever home! Happy dance. All my babies that were in the Luv-A-Pet adoption are in their new homes but 4 little ones that are in the guest room are going over today or tomorrow. I will be bringing home one of the kitties that is so, so pretty but is just getting so stressed from being there that she is starting to attack people. She needs to be in a home where she is the only kitty and I think she is partial to men. One of the other volunteers' boyfriend would like her so he is going to visit her here over the next couple of weeks until he can take her. I pray that it works because this is her last chance. It she goes back to the shelter, I'm pretty sure she will be put down because they can't keep a cat that can be so unpredictible. I think I am the only one she hasn't had a confrontation with. With her here, that will free up a large cage for my 4 little ones. I would appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts for Baby, that she will do well so she can go to her forever home. She is one of the most beautiful long-hair black & white kitties I have ever seen. Thanks friends.
Until they all have homes,
Wendy
Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Willum is in his new forever home! Happy dance. All my babies that were in the Luv-A-Pet adoption are in their new homes but 4 little ones that are in the guest room are going over today or tomorrow. I will be bringing home one of the kitties that is so, so pretty but is just getting so stressed from being there that she is starting to attack people. She needs to be in a home where she is the only kitty and I think she is partial to men. One of the other volunteers' boyfriend would like her so he is going to visit her here over the next couple of weeks until he can take her. I pray that it works because this is her last chance. It she goes back to the shelter, I'm pretty sure she will be put down because they can't keep a cat that can be so unpredictible. I think I am the only one she hasn't had a confrontation with. With her here, that will free up a large cage for my 4 little ones. I would appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts for Baby, that she will do well so she can go to her forever home. She is one of the most beautiful long-hair black & white kitties I have ever seen. Thanks friends.
Until they all have homes,
Wendy
happy days for Willum! Hopeful one for Baby.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:32 AM

My two little ones here are rescue dogs, super little pets, abondoned by non caring humans, than God for kind hearted animal lovers !
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Oh Skidboot was such a cool dog. I saw him on t.v. a couple of times and saw videos on You Tube....Amazing!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Well after having Baby here for 3 days, she is one of the sweetest cats I have ever been around. She wants to be cuddled and loved whenever I'm in the room. It's like she is a different cat. The guy who wants to adopt her and his girlfriend (the one Baby attacked last Sunday) was here this evening and she gave the girl a kiss on the nose and cuddled with the guy on his lap. His girlfriend said she would never believed it was the same cat if she didn't know what she looked like. I thought she was going to cry she was so happy that Baby was so happy and stressfree. She will be going to her forever home on Thursday. At 5 years old, she deserves it. Baby has been in the system since June of 2009. Her happy day has come. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.
Wendy
Old 10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

I got a dog my MIL got tired of, took her back to Humane Society, I went and bought her (adopted). After 6 months I'm still trying to retrain her to know DH and I are the boss, not her.
I saved a larger dog from neglect and horrible care. Spend alot of money on him, intestines were damaged from worms.
Saved a do years ago (poodle) that had been dumped.
I have taken in 6 cats over the years. Still have 4 of them.
Can't take in anymore, I sure hope no more show up.

Bless all who take in animals.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Luckily for me, DH is as big a sucker for an animal in need as I am ;-) We currently have six rescue dogs and five rescue cats (not including the local strays we take care of), plus two of our horses are rescues.

Rescue dogs in particular are so special and I can't imagine life without them.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:38 PM

I have 4 rescued dogs-amazing pets