Alone at last!

Old 09-11-2011, 04:37 PM

yup! :thumbup:
Old 09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn
The only time I get alone time is when I go to my daylily club meetings. Other wise we are together everyday of the week, month and year.
Are you serious? The only persons I could stand to be around that much were my newborn babies. :lol: DH hasn't retired yet, he works four days a week. He does volunteer work all day Fridays and works on his projects on Sat. or goes to sporting events. Sunday is his rest day, he usually catches up on his reading and watches sports. We go on mini vacations about six times a year and we look forward to them but like being self absorbed in between.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Dee

Retired, but need some time space. I know this is how I am.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:29 PM

DH was out on with a back injury while I was out on pregnancy leave. I was soooo ready for him to go back to work. LOL. Love him dearly, but he got so he was micromanaging everything, even down to telling me how to cook and how to take care of the baby and our older DD who was 2 at the time. I have to wonder how things will be when we are retired.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:15 PM

I love it when my DH is gone. Then I can do as I please !! And he says the same about me!!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 PM

your not alone even tho i love having dh home we both need our own time just to have some me time i called it and i know he feels the same. have a great day. sue
Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn
The only time I get alone time is when I go to my daylily club meetings. Other wise we are together everyday of the week, month and year.
Are you serious? The only persons I could stand to be around that much were my newborn babies. :lol: DH hasn't retired yet, he works four days a week. He does volunteer work all day Fridays and works on his projects on Sat. or goes to sporting events. Sunday is his rest day, he usually catches up on his reading and watches sports. We go on mini vacations about six times a year and we look forward to them but like being self absorbed in between.
My hubby and I get along great. We both like some of the same things. He knew my uncle when he was in high school and I was in jr high. When we started dating, I found out the answer to a riddle that my uncle was responsible for and surprised him when I said that his friend was my uncle. He had told how he and my uncle went on a watermelon raid stealing watermelons from a field in Ft Mead, FL. They all loaded their cars with watermelons and went on their way home. Only my future hubby went to follow my uncle and pulled him over, my uncle thinking he was a cop. It is a funny story and I said to him when he finished telling me the story was "So thats where the watermelons came from that night."

We have been together this Jan will be 37 years.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 PM

When my husband retired everybody asked me if I was going to retire too & I said heck no I'm going to work til I'm 99!!!! My husband is 8 years older than me (he's 69 but acts like he's going on 90)& he doesn't have many hobbies except hunting & fishing which are seasonal. He doesn't have any friends to do anything with & he gets upset when I'm gone so much but hey, I have a life! I really look forward to when he does go hunting or to car shows so I can have some peace & quite. He doesn't like to do things by himself either so that doesn't help. I love him dearly but there are days I'd like to get him a one way ticket to Timbuktu!!! I'll let you know when I retire at 99!!!!!!!!

Fritzy
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM

I adore my DH, seriously, I am so in love with him still its kind of scary.

But do I enjoy my alone time? You bet I do!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 PM

My husband is retired....I am not. At first I found myself being resentful when he was home on my days off. Then I kinda got use to that, but the man is never gone!!!!He's always around and shows up at meal times and thinks he should be fed! Luckly we live on a farm and he has a machine shop that keeps him pretty busy...if not I'm afraid one of us would have to go...LOL I love the man dearly. We do alot of stuff together but he thinks I have gotten into this quilting thing a little too much! Oh yes, I drag him along to the shops because he has a great eye for color. Just might get him interested yet. He prefers his shop, with the wood and metal turn lathes. I am in awe of what he can make. Of course he thinks he has no talent and I tell him I wish I had"no talent" like that. Retirement is definitely a period of adjustment. The economy is such that we haven't really done what we once had planned on, but then we count our blessings and smile!