Alone at last!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:24 AM
j

The day my husband retired, my co workers gave me a condolence card. I said OH no we get along fine (we do) but home all the time. Yikes. now I get up about 5 and he sleeps till 9, it is like heaven. He goes to bed about 11 and I dont hear him (hardly) so he has his alone time and so do I. So all retirees will understand-- J
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 AM

Enjoy your alone time. My hubby and I used to work opposite shifts. He had Tuesday and Wednesday off and I had/have weekends off. We hardly ever saw each other. I would get mad when he made plans to be gone on his days off beacuse we could not spend time together. I was not alone though-I had the kids. Now that the kids are grown and gone and hubby works days with Sundays and Mondays off it seems like he is here all the time. I get excited when he tells me he will be gone on a Sunday to go fishing or when he plans to be gone a week for hunting. Alone time is scarce now.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 AM

That could be why I am single now.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I do the same if DH is home or away. He works during the day so the weekends and evenings are the only time he has to devote to doing what he likes to do. And like me, he prefers to be unbothered and when involved in a project. Many times I have no idea what or when he eats dinner. We each eat when we get hungry not having to feel like we need to wait on the other to come sit at the table. This was one characteristic I considered before marriage. Is he independent enough to not have a wifey wife? LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 AM

I did the opposite thing, I left the house yesterday with a friend. We went to the local Amish farmers market, then to the green houses for our mums, pumpkins and asters. Headed to a new winery - loved it so much we signed up for the wine club. Shared a bottle of wine on the back porch before returning to our daily duties. It was a wonderful day. I do love my alone time - though don't seem to have to much of it! My alone time is usually when everyone else is in bed - from 10pm-2am on the weekends.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by grandjan
My husband has gone off to a car show and will be gone all day. It's a beautiful day. I've got all my little chores done and I'm off to my sewing room to spend an entire day with my quilting. This is a rare treat and I'm looking forward to it so much. Do you all kind of enjoy it when your husband is gone for awhile? Especially if you're retired, you'll know what I mean I think.
yes, yes, and yes!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 AM

AMEN SISTER!! KNOW ALL ABOUT HAVING A RETIRED HUSBAND AT HOME!!! YIKES
Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 AM

hey spend the time it any way you want. Enjoy yourself!:)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:16 AM

The only time I get alone time is when I go to my daylily club meetings. Other wise we are together everyday of the week, month and year.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by chickadeee55
Blue Birds are round steak, cut into squares, pounded thin then you place a big slice of onion and two strips of bacon with salt and pepper on each one and roll the square up and secure them with toothpicks and bake them in the oven. Serve with mashed potatoes. Don't know why they are called Blue Birds, but my mom made them when we were kids, it is a bit of work, but worth it. Right now the house smells wonderful.

into s
Originally Posted by ptquilts
have a batch of Blue Birds in the oven for dinner.

Sounds yummy. You should share these in the recipes forum.

OK, now you know we just HAVE to ask about that!!!