Amazon Prime

Old 02-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

farmquilter- I do know about shipping. You can add a person you want to send the item to. On the page where you pay. I send my Mom things all the time from Amazon. I hope this was the question you were asking.
Good luck with your surgery!!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Saw Prime has changed about allowing others on the same account.
Does anyone know how the new plan works. Can I put an adult on with their own credit card etc and not be using mine.

Also how would shipping items be dealt with, to my address or the other adult address.
Too confusing for my pre-hip surgery mind to sort out.
if you scroll up to my previous post in this thread, you will see an explanation and links for how to link 2 accounts into a household that shares prime benefits. The change is that you can link only 2 adult accounts instead of 4 or 5.

You can add multiple credit cards and multiple addresses by going to “my account”. At checkout you choose which card and which address you want to use for the order.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:00 PM

Prism99, so the second person does have to actually live in my home. Am thinking of adding my DIL, widow of our son, who does not live with me.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Prism99, so the second person does have to actually live in my home. Am thinking of adding my DIL, widow of our son, who does not live with me.
No. She just has to set up her own Amazon login if she doesn’t already have one. Then you link the two accounts into a “household”. Household is just the name Amazon gave to this linkage. The people don’t have to live in the same house.

Edit: I just re-read the first link in my post above a little more closely, and it says that you need to agree to "share payment methods". I believe this means your DIL would have access to your credit cards. Weird. I guess they want you to create a household account only with someone you trust. I suppose having the separate accounts in a household means that you cannot see each other's purchases, though, and of course the other person gets all the Prime perks.

Last edited by Prism99; 02-01-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

My DD can order under my prime using her account and get free shipping. DH can too under my account. I signed them up when it first came available. So far they are still able to use my Prime. I have the Amazon credit card for all Amazon order and get credit for each purchase. It really adds up. Did you know you can select regular shipping instead of two day shipping and get $ credit? Lots of perks using Prime. I know Amazon is not a patriotic company to do business with so it's a choice I have to think about.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Prism99, my DIL brought me home after my heart cath today and we are now 'linked' together in a household account. I trust her to the moon and she will be able to have the perks of fast shipping etc.
Thanks to all for the information, I am not a pc person but she works at a credit union and did everything in no time at all.

All is good for both of us.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

farmquilter, so glad it worked out for you and your DIL!

Have to admit it's tough to keep up with everything these days. This board helps. I've run across quite a lot of helpful information on this board. My dh sometimes asks where I learn about the things I tell him we can do!
Old 02-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Onebyone - what do you mean about Amazon not being a patriotic company? Curious...that's all, don't want to start anything.....
Old 02-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

Hmmmm. I looked up the definition of patriotism online at Merriam-Webster:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/patriotism
Inquiring minds want to know, and all that....
Old 02-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Onebyone - what do you mean about Amazon not being a patriotic company? Curious...that's all, don't want to start anything.....
Sent you a pm.