Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 08-02-2018, 07:30 AM

Good morning everyone. I haven't been on in a while with issues saying my IP address was banned. Thank goodness that has since been resolved. I am the OP.

Anyway, my weight continues to fluctuate but I think most of that is my fault. I need to find an exercise routine and stick to it. I also need to track everything! I have been a bit lax on tracking.

I hope this finds you all well on your weight loss journey.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:39 PM

Welcome home JC!
I'm to my second goal this week! If I start 'kinda' tracking, nothing comes off.
Personal honesty...personal key
Old 08-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Glad it got worked out, JC!

Down 1.6 this time, for a total of 62 pounds. Glad it was down and not up again. The "jumping around" nonsense sure gets frustrating. I rode both my indoor exercise bike and my recumbent trike hard last week, plus I made myself leave a few of my daily points uneaten each day. That was a rough 1.6 pounds to lose. Funny how sometimes it just falls off without much effort, and sometimes it flat refuses to let go regardless of what you do. I very much prefer the former over the latter!

I did have a non-scale victory, too. There are a few pretty good hills where we ride our recumbent trikes. Our regular route takes us up two of those hills. I can usually manage to pedal up the first hill without having to stop. The other hill gives me a fit, probably because I'm tired from the first hill. This weekend I managed to pedal up both hills without stopping. Go me! LOL! I'm also very near to being able to comfortably fasten my favorite bra in the next-tightest set of hooks.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

I'm pumped.
At my physical in July my doctor was really firm about my weight. My husband loves snacky things so I make believe they aren't in the house. Not easy but totally doable.
But....... I weighed myself on Saturday and I've lost 6 pounds. Yes, I'm pumped! I'm doing a modified ketogenic, and not snacking. I'm not a big snacker but at meals I usually eat too much.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Anna, can you lay your hands on it? I went back to 2014 searching for weight watchers and found a few shorties. I just realized it wasn't necessarily WW I draw my incentive from everywhere and a thread with sucessful losing is always a good thing.

Today is weigh in day. My pants are baggy so hopeful for a - and not a +

There was a TOPS booth at our little fair this past weekend, and I brought home their magazine. I had no idea there was a group in my little town. I've never been to one of their meeting or talked to a TOPPER, so I might drop in next week. Meets the same time as my WW.

This was the last one but you can search under Weight Loss Challenge and find many previous ones.
June Weight Loss 2016
Old 08-15-2018, 05:16 AM

thank you anna. I'm 10 pounds from being back to lifetime. and we are going on a 2 month vacation I do love to visit other groups so here is to firm resolve!
Old 08-20-2018, 08:48 PM

Look at everybody go! Woo hoo!

I'm officially down a total of 65 pounds even! That's a little over halfway to where I want to be.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

moonrise- that's amazing. Congratulations!!
Old 08-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

I'm not doing weight watchers. it's too expensive for me to go every week and pay for myself to be weighed.
however. I've lost 36 lbs since April 1st. I'm counting calories, and eating sensibly when we go out. it's difficult being we eat out out about 3 times a week, but i'm back too it I took July off bc my MIL was here for her vacation, and we went out to dinner every night. She was such a great guest, that I sent her a thank you gift for being so nice. best of luck everyone. when I need something sweet, I get a sugar free Werthers.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:46 AM

for me, the weighing in is the least important part of what is useful in WW.
They are swinging the class time around to thinking of non-scale victories and are discontinuing the weekly paper book. They never announce weekly losses and only milestones if the person wants.

We are now five days out on a 6-8 week vacation. I'm being very conscious of being prepared food wise, and we haven't had any meals out yet. I'm looking forward to some as it is always nice to get something I wouldn't make for myself, and all the menus are in the WW app if I want to know before going in what some good choices are.

I think my first 'foreign' class will be in Buffalo Wyoming, or Lincoln Nebraska. I'm looking forward to that, I love visiting classes in other towns, always someone or something that inspires.

All the campgrounds we've stayed in have built in walking places, the roads in and go every which way!
Yesterday we visited the Grant-Kors Ranch in Deer Lodge Montana. I live in such a beautiful and interesting country!
https://www.nps.gov/grko/index.htm

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 08-26-2018 at 04:52 AM.