Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 08-27-2018, 11:20 PM

Up .6 pounds for no reason ... again. I've stayed within my daily points every single day, and haven't touched my weekly points or activity points. Sigh. I flat refuse to give up, but it sure is frustrating.

I did have two difficult days last week, where I felt like I was absolutely starving. Somehow I stayed within my points, but I felt like I could wolf down 15 cheeseburgers. After 8 months of being on WW, I don't normally feel all that hungry anymore, so the "starving" feeling was pretty weird. And boy, was I irritable!
Old 08-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Sometimes I have to trick myself or do something kind of silly to stay on track. One thing I do is brush and floss after dinner so that I won't be tempted to eat something at night and then have to do it all over again.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:34 AM

Hey all. I am back to trying to lose weight again. I find I have to track or I do not lose and end up gaining. People in my family have been hurtful about my weight and a certain person has always been rude. I figure enough is enough. I am not losing the weight for them but for me. I want to be healthy. I want to be around to see my grand kids someday. I don't want to have a life full of pain and prescription pills.

Here's to healthy choices!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:47 PM

good for you J, in my mind, trying to be someone or something for someone else is a losing game.
I'm getting down close to lifetime goal so have put a lot of thought into the program recently. Just making up a number I'd guess 95% of brides who lose weight for the wedding, are going back up within days of the big event. One of my good friends lost 40 pounds for our 10th reunion and had gained 50 by 8 months later.

If only we could get it right in or minds, mindful eating, I think the healthful would probably drop right into line.

One thing I'm sure of is there are no easy ways to lose weight. But the current incarnation of Weight Watchers program is (picture in all caps) Simple.

and I don't need my cholesterol meds per my recent bloodwork! I've known some diabetics who were able to stop taking insulin.

Susie, I only gained one time, one pound, because I was trying to see if I could maintain we are on a 6-8 week vacation and I worried a lot about gaining. We've been on the road about 8 days and on my scale I've lost 3 pounds.

When I hit lifetime in '89 I was a 1/4 ounce over SiX weeks! On that 7th week I wore shorts, walked the three miles to class, took off my jewelry, asked if I could take off my shirt (can we shout no)..and was 2 pounds below.
Human bodies are complicated, give yourself some slack mentally and keep working at it. (((everyone)))

I know...I'm typeative. I'll be going to my first foreign meeting of our trip tomorrow, in Lincoln Nebraska. 8:30 on N48th. I love to visit different chapters. In fact I'm positive I got to goal before by trading around between 3 different chapters. The subject is the same company wide but different leaders and different members always give a little different insight.

ok, I'll stop now. but I could type all night
Old 09-04-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Sometimes I have to trick myself or do something kind of silly to stay on track. One thing I do is brush and floss after dinner so that I won't be tempted to eat something at night and then have to do it all over again.
I read somewhere that the minty-ness sends a signal to your brain that "dinner is over". It does seem to help!

I was down 1.4 pounds on Monday. Yay! I'm beginning to think I may not have been eating enough, because I purposely ate a few extra zero-point foods last week to see if it made a difference. It might just be a coincidence, but so far it seems to have gotten the scale moving downwards again. Maybe my "starving" feeling a few days ago was my body saying, "Hey, let's get some food down here, woman!"

I'm going to try making yogurt in my Instant Pot soon. I've become obsessed with yogurt. LOL! The individual containers are adding up, cost-wise, plus all that plastic can't be good for the environment. (We don't have recycling readily available here.) Hope my homemade yogurt turns out!

I'm also going to try to drink more water, even though water grosses me out. (I guzzled a gigantic cup of it once when I was a kid -- the cup was literally as big as my head! -- and it made me soooo sick.) I can tolerate sipping it with lemon in it, though. Hubby and I both drink waaaay too many carbonated beverages. Mine are the diet store brand versions, but DH loves his name-brand Cherry Dr. Pepper. With tax, it's over $5 for a 12-pack around here, and he easily goes through two 12-packs a week. He said he's going to try to drink more water, too.

Hope everyone else had a great week!
Old 09-05-2018, 02:37 AM

I love seeing the goals on here! Keep on keeping on or in the words of Dory, "Just keep swimming."
Old 09-06-2018, 11:24 PM

Fascinating thread.

Husband was diagnosed type 2 diabetes about 3-4 years ago. Has finally wised up and is watching what he eats a bit more. It's so much easier to eat healthy if we're both motivated at the same time, so I'm seizing the opportunity and introducing him to much healthier recipes. So far he's enthusiastic. Now if only I could get him to exercise more....

One point I wanted to make. I see a quite a few comments about watching the scale and being disappointed when the needle doesn't move. I went to Curves for several years. They weigh you but they also measure you with a measuring tape at several points around your body; it's not just how much weight you lost, it's also about how much fat. Fat is fluffy and weighs less; muscle is dense and weighs more, but it takes up less room. So if you're eating healthy and working out but the scale isn't budging, it's entirely possible you are losing fat and gaining muscle.

I remember a particular woman at my local Curves, she attended for several months and lost some weight. She was a religious scale-watcher, though, and got discouraged because that darn needle stopped moving, so she quit. She didn't consider the fact that she'd dropped 2 sizes. We tried to tell her she was looking great and not to give up, but she was singularly focused on that scale!
Old 09-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I almost never get on the scale. However, in my previous post I mentioned it. Since I'm on a tear now I will check maybe once a month. It's not a good or bad thing- just something I've never done much. Maybe because I never had a weight problem until now.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:40 PM

had my second 'foreign' meeting this week, St Joseph Missouri.
Fun group and was glad to get input into the on-line site. I've always thought it was really short sighted of WW to only show 2 weeks graph. Doh, I know know how to see the whole picture!

down 1/2 pound. We are in Savannah TN which is apparently the cat fish capitol of the world Well, if they say so it must be so, so we are having catfish for lunch tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:39 PM

Feeling VERY frustrated at the moment ... I joined WW online, was doing decently then my mother-in-law died and I've been eating nonstop. I need to lose 150 pounds, my husband needs to lose 80 lbs. so he can go on the list to get a kidney transplant. I just haven't "felt like" doing what I know I need to do in order to lose weight.

So yesterday the urge to start tracking again hit. I signed in to the website and cannot find the correct button to push to begin entering my points. Also cannot find any kind of tech support or phone number to call. I prepaid 3 months of membership so it isn't that ... can anyone help?