Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-19-2011, 07:51 PM

So you just don't eat red meat. I eat very little red meat, just never been into it much. When I do its very lean, ground, rinsed, then used for tacos or enchalidas.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM

So damn depressed today...angry, touchy, b...y, crying .....

Watching my dh atrophy before my eyes is getting to me ... his arm circumference is 13.5".... I can't imagine life without him....I've started us on carrot juice therapy but the exercise routine hasn't happened... He has MSA (multi-system atrophy - the cerebellum of the brain is shrinking causing Parkinsonian type symptoms at a rapid advancement rate) there is no known cause nor is there any treatment or cure. Death is 9 - 15 years at most

I feel like I'm the only person that can jump start anyone in this house and then it's like trying to start a dead battery that has nothing left to start....

I want to eat chocolate just for the comfort but it doesn't help....

Thanks for listening... I try very hard not to whine but when life gets too much and when I don't know what to do with boxes and other crap that use to be stored (semi-neatly) but is still in the middle of the rooms and I'm tired of trying to figure out what to do with everything....
I explode and who ever is around gets hit with the shrapnel of angry words which wounds as bad as any weapon of mass distruction.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 PM

You have the right to be angry, get mad as hell. Scream, beat your fists on the wall, stomp your feet. Sweetie, stay sane anyway you can. If there is anyone around besides your darling DH make them get up and help. If friends, neighbors, or church members offer to help, let them. Don't try to do it all alone, accept help when its offered and demand family help. God be with you.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by SWChick
You have the right to be angry, get mad as hell. Scream, beat your fists on the wall, stomp your feet. Sweetie, stay sane anyway you can. If there is anyone around besides your darling DH make them get up and help. If friends, neighbors, or church members offer to help, let them. Don't try to do it all alone, accept help when its offered and demand family help. God be with you.
That's the problem...it's just the three of us... dds live out of town/state....
dd#1 helps when she can but she lives out of town and is a single parent and she comes down when she can but is really busy herself.
dd#2 lives out of state and only gets home twice a year for about a week each time...
Neither DH or mom can carry anything because of balance problems. Mom has to use a walker at all times and DH uses a cane most of the time.
Today has just been a bad day... I hope that dh can forgive my outburst... he's the one that gets blasted 99% of the time... mom is clueless because of dementia... yeah... my own little nursing home....
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM

You should be able to get help from the state for not only medical help but for help in doing the everyday things like laundry, housecleaning, and cooking if they are on social security or disability. Its cheaper to send help in than pay for them to be in a home. I know you don't plan to do that but talk to the doctors, talk to social security, see what help you can get so that you can be the loving, supporting person you are.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 AM

I agree and I will keep you in my prayers. Keep the head up some days it will be higher than othrers and thats ok
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I'm back from the dead! Okay really I'm just back from tax season in an accounting office, but I feel half dead. This year really did me in, I guess it's the fibromyalgia or maybe having to take care of my dad, or maybe it's being old????? I have been lurking for weeks, but didn't even have the energy after work to think of anything to say. But I didn't gain any weight this year! Clients send us food and junk all month, the partners stock the office with candy and snacks (to keep us at our desk), and I usually eat my through the season. I was a pretty good girl and managed to resist most of it.
WOW really proud of you. It is really hard to stay away from snacks when they are right in front of you.
You should be proud of yourself
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM

My turn to whine again!

I've gained 8 lbs back again. New meds throw me for a loop. The new diabetes med is causing major insulin reactions, which mean I eat more to compensate. So tired of this yoyo!

Good news! I picked up a part time income on freelancer.com and have been working every day at my computer. I am so grateful for this temporary opportunity for more $. We have way too many extra bills coming up.

The storms came through but nothing major happened. Another gratitude.

Today I took the day off so I hope to quilt and sew.

I found a new, cheaper drink than Starbucks frappe. I buy the Starbucks Via (cold water coffee mix) and add about an inch of sugar free French vanilla liquid creamer. Makes a frappe at a fraction of the cost. And so delicious!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Rie

Originally Posted by purplemem
I found a new, cheaper drink than Starbucks frappe. I buy the Starbucks Via (cold water coffee mix) and add about an inch of sugar free French vanilla liquid creamer. Makes a frappe at a fraction of the cost. And so delicious!
WOW THAT'S GREAT! THANKS FOR THE TIP! I'M SOO EXCITED TO TRY IT!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

Leota...............you know I love you and my heart goes out to you but remember DH has lived way beyond what was expected. God has a plan for all of us, we have no chocies in life, we have to except what that plan is. A life can be gone in an instant due to anything. Wheather it be illness or accident. 9-15 years is a long time you don't know what could happend with medicine in that amount of time. We can't decide what will happen to us or a loved one. All we can do is leave it to our maker and know that whatever we are going through, whatever the outcome it was suppose to be. We will get through it know matter how hard it might be or how we don't think we can do it somehow there is an inner strenght. You will make it know matter what happens and you will know you are loved not by your quilting family but by Our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us to be saved.

I know we are not suppose to write about our beliefs or faith and if I offened anyone by writing this I am sorry!