Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday >

Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday

Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday

Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 AM

I forgot to say that I too LOVE my coffee and creamer. I got a measuring spoon (TBSP) and I actually use it when creaming each cup of coffee (gotta be sure what I'm getting!) and it made me cut down on the creamer plus I'm accountable for how much I put in the cup. SOooo, two tbsp per cup and yes, thats two points but it keeps me honest while getting my creamer.
Also, I happen to love the Smart Ones breakfast that consists of diced ham, scrambled egg, potato chunks and cheese. Yummy and its only 5 points. So one big cup of coffee and the breakfast and I'm at only 7 points. Works for me.
Judy
Old 06-17-2011, 10:45 AM

Wow! Congratulations Peggy. You go girl!! One day I will be able to say the same thing.
:P

Originally Posted by katcox
I lost 20 gained 10 then 30 more. yikes,I need to do something. Hang with people that eat to much I guess. although my closest one is starting to see things my way because she needs to lose also. She would go out and always orders her own meal. So I said when you go with me we are sharing. There is no reason to eat all that food by yourself. She has finally figured it out, she doesn't need all that food either, and does just fine with less. we also started cooking more meals at home.
I was wondering how many points does WW give you for a day?I also just had back surgery, that is another reason for the extra weight gain. Couldn't walk without pain pills for 18 months.
It depends on how much you weigh. Those who need to lose more get more because your body needs to adjust. It's very important to eat all your points. If you don't your body thinks you're starving and it starts storing up what you do eat as fat. I didn't believe it at first but I lost more weight when I ate my points plus some of the 'extra' points.

royllsister

Yes, YOU WILL!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM

I have been on weight Watchers for a while. Lost 31 pounds. I love it because I can make anything I want fit. If I know I can't have something I crave it. You can have chocolate if you need it. Sometimes just knowing you can eat it will make you crave it less.
For breakfast I often make an omelet from egg beaters( 1 point) with FF cheese (1 tbsp is free) lots of vegetables. There is bread that is 1 PP a slice if you look around. When my husband sees my breakfast he says "aren't you breaking your diet." Huge breakfast!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM

www.hungrygirl.com is really good source of recipes and ideas of foods. Subscribe to her website. Also she has good cookbooks. another good website is www.dwlz.com she lists a lot of restaurant foods. Another good breakfast is ginormous growing oatmeal. you make old fashioned oatmeal but you put in twice as much water. ( I use light almond milk for half of it) It makes a huge bowl. I learned this from hungry girl. Good Luck and congratulations on starting on your way,
Old 06-17-2011, 02:31 PM

there is a book called Hungry Girl 300under300-it has a lot of recipies in it and if you go on line to hungrygirl.com you can get all the ww points for every recipie.There are some very good one especially breakfast
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM

My husband and I are doing weight watchers. I'am a Life time member. If i feel I'am getting a little out of control. I go back to writing everything down and it puts me back on track. My husband has already losted a whole pant size, It is a good way to learn how to eat right. I don,t call it a diet because you can eat all you own food no special foods....
Old 06-17-2011, 03:16 PM

Has anyone heard of a gluten-free person being on WW? I am gluten intolerant. At this point, I am sure there are substitutions that could be made to fit the point system. I really neeeed to drop some pounds.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:01 PM

HI Millstream Mom,
I have just started WW Points Plus.. I love to eat my problem is quantity.. I have been two weeks now and I am down 3 lbs. the most that I will probably lose. Anyway, breakfast to me is the best and should be good. Make a homemade egg mc muffin ,( you can buy the microwave egg cup, makes 2 at target or Bed and Bath) 7 pts. english muffin, egg, thin slice ham 7 pts, add ww cheese 8 pts. coffee, fruit, yummy. good luck it is hard to cut way down on what we eat, 2 dark chocolate like dove sometimes 3 pts. slow process, I also hate to have to pay 13.00 every week to eat what the books says, i am not hungry. Luckly I do not have a lot to lose.. good luck :lol: