Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday >

Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday

Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday

Old 06-17-2011, 04:01 PM

My daughter is gluten intolerant also but not overweight. However, the beauty of WW is that if you get the little calculator then you can calculate the WW points plus on any food. Thus you can go through the store with your little calculator in hand and check the labels of all your gluten free foods before buying them and you will know the points per serving... this is the greatest thing they ever did; the calculator!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
Just wish that bullet had been dipped in chocolate! MMMMMM-chocolate.....

So they recommend ~5 points for breakfast and mine ended up being 7. Awww crap! 2 pieces of bread+1 egg+ 1tsp diet butter + 1tsp low cal mayo and a coffee ARGGGHH!

Anyone else doing WW points-plus? How can I start my day without feeling like I've screwed up before I'm even out of my pyjamas? :roll:
I really love WW if we have to diet it's the way to go! Try adding some 0 point fruit with your breakfast. I really enjoy fresh fruit & veggies, so the Points Plus system was really nice. Hang in there, you will adjust and learn the system and it will
get easier. GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM

You can do it! I like to eat Cream of Wheat or Oats in the morning, with a banana or I fry some "skinny" meat with a slice of Kraft 2% cheese and let it all melt.., Eggo whole grain waffels are 3 pts for two and you can put a tbsp of peanut butter on it too! I usually have a 5 pt breakfast but on occassion I eat 7-8 points when I am really hungry.....Chobani yogurt is good too and very filling.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:55 PM

I started March 2nd and have lost 30 pounds. I will have a sandwich for breakfast or boiled eggs with a banana and I am able to keep my points to 8 usually. I can have 36 points a day, but I keep my points to around 10 points a meal, with the veggies and fruits being free. I do my points the way it works for me. I am really enjoying the points plus and looking at it as a new way of eating, not a diet. Right now I am having a little trouble keeping up with my new way of eating. I have to make sure we keep the right foods in the house. My mom and I did not buy grocery's very good for June, since she is going on vacations and saving money for that. I also know that losing my weight is also a mind game and I am working hard on those negative thoughts I have to sabotage me. I really like the meetings and weigh ins. Stick with it.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:19 PM

I have been trying to decide if I can do WW. I really need to do something about my weight. And I had a recent heart attack, nothing major, but I really have to start doing better. We do tend to eat pretty low fat and do have a lot of fresh veg, but also we eat a lot of grain products which are probably our downfall. And we have problems with artifical sweeteners, so it is hard to give up the sugar in my tea or eating regular yogurt. Maybe this paycheck I will finally get up the nerve to go. We actually have a WW place near my house and they have meetings seven days a week, usually twice a day, so I don't have a good excuse to avoid doing this. We should have a WW support group here on the board!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for those links to the websites

Originally Posted by meanmom
www.hungrygirl.com is really good source of recipes and ideas of foods. Subscribe to her website. Also she has good cookbooks. another good website is www.dwlz.com she lists a lot of restaurant foods. Another good breakfast is ginormous growing oatmeal. you make old fashioned oatmeal but you put in twice as much water. ( I use light almond milk for half of it) It makes a huge bowl. I learned this from hungry girl. Good Luck and congratulations on starting on your way,
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 PM

I've been on WW for a few months, and have lost 13 pounds, my breakfasts are usually a WW smoothie mad with almond breeze, banana and coffee its 4 points and the a piece of fruit at 10 :D :D :thumbup:
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 PM

I've been on WW for a few months, and have lost 13 pounds, my breakfasts are usually a WW smoothie mad with almond breeze, banana and coffee its 4 points and the a piece of fruit at 10 :D :D :thumbup:
Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 PM

One point wheat bread..Milton's is good....1 TBS peanut butter and a banana or other fruit and it comes out to only four to five points. Filling and good. Or, one point bread, poached egg and juice. Dinner is the tough one for me. Happy losing pounds!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Way to go WW folks! I am so proud of you all. I need to do something pretty quickly about my weight and have seriously been thinking of WW's. This thread has given me the push that I needed. I may be asking for help until I get this all figured out. I would just love to lose 50-75 lbs. Thanks for bringing this topic up.

Huge Hugs
Cathy