Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltedrunner
Jodi Picoult is definitely one of my favs! I also enjoy Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, and anything that just looks like it might be good... :D I also truly enjoy just sitting down with my Bible and scanning, especially Psalms.
Psalms is wonderful.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 AM

I am almost done Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult...good book; but keeps jumping from character to character. After seeing My Sister's Keeper, I decided I wanted to read all of her books.
I grew up loving to read always have a book going.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:19 AM

Right now I am reading Survivors Club by Lisa Gardner.

I average about a book a week and sometimes more. I like Jennifer Chiavarini, Emilie Richards for quilt related novels. But really enjoy mysteries and funny ones too. Janet Evanovich is one of my favorites as well as Nevada Barr, Iris Johansen, Fern Michaels Sisterhood series. I like Alexander McCalls No. 1 Ladies Detective Agencies, the Twighlight Series, Dan Brown, John Grisham. These are just a few and I could go on and on. I like anything about the South too. I also like the Medford series by Jan Karon. But not really into trashy Romance Novels.

I read so much I keep and excel spread sheet.

I love our library. But our YMCA has a book exchange every quarter. We can bring and take as many books as we like. I buy a lot of trade paperbacks from our local library and they are so cheap. Then I always have a bag of books to donate to either the Y or the library.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

I belong to my local library and am there every week...I mostly listen to books as I never seem to have time to just sit and read and the audio books are wonderful for multitasking..makes boring jobs like ironing, treadmill, vaccuming etc seem to go faster,
Anyone read The Help? I loved it...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Right now Im reading We Had Everything But Money, Priceless Memories of the Great Depression. Really good, and small stories, so I can pick itup, read quick and put down.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LindaR
Originally Posted by no1jan
I have difficulty reading because of my eyes, but I love listening to audio tapes. I have a large collection plus borrow them from the library.

Currently I am listening to "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.
That was such a good book....
That is one of my favorites...just loved it
Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by LindaR
Originally Posted by no1jan
I have difficulty reading because of my eyes, but I love listening to audio tapes. I have a large collection plus borrow them from the library.

Currently I am listening to "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen.
That was such a good book....
That is one of my favorites...just loved it
I loved Water for Elephants, although I like the act of reading.

I really don't enjoy books on tape unless traveling. If the time comes I can only listen to books on tape, I will. But while I can still physically read I will. It is my way to relax. I like to read outside.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

I want to try some books on tape, to listen to while mowing the lawn. Our lawn is big so its boring!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltedrunner
Jodi Picoult is definitely one of my favs! I also enjoy Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, and anything that just looks like it might be good... :D I also truly enjoy just sitting down with my Bible and scanning, especially Psalms.
I LOVE Jodi Picoult!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 06-15-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. This is a true story about a homeless man who worked on a cotton plantation in Louisiana, an international art dealer, and the relationship that forms between them when the art dealer and his wife start working at a homeless shelter. It was very moving, to the point that I cried through two whole chapters. I do have a library card but I have so many people that I trade books with, it seems I never run out of books. Has anyone read the series by Diana Gabaldon? I've read the first 5 but I think there's 7 or 8 by now. I want to read them again and get the rest of them. They are awesome!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Diana Gabaldon!!!
The latest book was not the best, IMHO. It was a bit more disjointed, or maybe just because she has SO MANY loose ends floating around that she WANTS to work with...

Right now, I am on a Susan Elizabeth Phillips kick, alternated by a Suzanne Brockmann Troubleshooters book...

But the last book I finished the other night was Sherrilyn Kenyon.
And I have the Janet Evanovich 16 on order at the library, although they said the wait was long and it doesn't come out till the 22...