Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-15-2010, 08:56 AM

I just read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. What a read! Now I want to read more by her.

Originally Posted by quiltedrunner
Jodi Picoult is definitely one of my favs! I also enjoy Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, and anything that just looks like it might be good... :D I also truly enjoy just sitting down with my Bible and scanning, especially Psalms.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I'm looking for a long thick paged series to read, sink into, escape to this summer... historical fiction is my favorite. What would you suggest?
Diana Gabaldon. The Outlander series. As long as you can handle a bit of sex and fantasy (time travel) Each book is in the area of 700 pages and there are 7 of them at the moment...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:16 AM

I'm looking for a long thick paged series to read, sink into, escape to this summer... historical fiction is my favorite. What would you suggest?
Ken Follet has a series of books, based on historical fact, that begin with a story set in the 1100s... "Pillars of the Earth" which is about 1000 pages. He recently came out with a sequel to it which is also nice and thick!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Diana Gabaldon. The Outlander series. As long as you can handle a bit of sex and fantasy (time travel) Each book is in the area of 700 pages and there are 7 of them at the moment...
I was going to start hers--but I don't like fantasy...
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm reading Al Lacy's frontier doctor trilogy. Very good Christian author! :)
Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM

I like the young adult books...

Currently I am reading the Pretty Little Liars series By: Sara Shepard. I like it so far.

I also like Lightning By: Dean Koontz
Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 PM

I just finished Marie Bostwick's A Thread So Thin. She has 3 books out that are quilt related.Wonderful reads. I also love Debbie Macomber and have just started Hannah's List. Fern Michaels, James Patterson, Iris Johansen... I use the local library as well. When I'm out and see books I may be interested in reading I add them to my list and then come home and order them on line through my library. I usually have 3 or 4 at a time. I like different types of books so juggling isn't usually a problem.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I've been into Nora Roberts lately...The Calhoun sisters, The Key series, she is such a story teller...Love Robyn Carr also, Have read all 11 Virgin Rivers Series...

I have read all of Robin Carrs Virgin Rivers Series too. They are alll so good. I also like Nora Roberts.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Doggie
I CAN'T beleive Not ONE OF You Quilters has mentioned any of the quilt novels!!! :shock:
Earlene Fowler is the WORLD's best! Her Benni Harper character is awesome!!Started with couple of her used books, and just bought the last two I was missing! Addicting!!

Clare O'Donohue has three quilting books that are great, and don't forget Terri Thayer's three books which I just started!
Then there is the series by the author EVERYONE knows, Jennifer Chiaverini!

If you haven't picked up one of Earlene Fowler's books, you
need to do so now!! :D
Well have I read all of Jennifer Chiaverini. I have never heard of the other 3 but you can be sure by the time the evening is done I will have found out about them and possibly have ordered them. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Ooo--Pineapple--that sounds good. :D I love that time period--and Christian stuff too! I have some great titles for you... have you read any of Jane Kirkpatrick's books? Fabulous!!