Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you beleive it......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Can you beleive it......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you beleive it......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM

That is theft plain and simple. I would have called the police and turned him in Amish or not.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Thats theft!!!! He can't sell something that isn't his to sell!! I would have called teh police and then my lawyer.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:12 PM

I would like to know the name of the shop so I don't do any of my business there. Kim
Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 PM

Even today, you have to watch out for the bad guys.
Our friends gave their daughter a new car for graduation.
She headed off to school 7 hours away....Her dad said that she needed to get her oil changed since it had been about two months...you are suppose to have an oil change with a new car after about a month or so....on her way to Austin, she stopped to get her oil changed and went to have lunch at the local cafe.
She paid for her oil change and went off to school. Her parents were to follow on the weekend to bring her "stuff". Her dad went out to her car and screamed.....what the H....Where did you get your oil changed? She told him. They drove directly to the station. The guy who changed her oil also had changed her new tires for old worn tires. This turned into a huge fight with the owner of the auto/gas station store. They called the police and filed a theft charge against them. It took months. Finally, the store owner decided to pay them for the tires. Who would have thought?
D in TX
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM

One of the dangers of living in Texas is that we are so close to Mexico that cars can be sold to people from Mexico without a title. A used car salesman who I personally went to school with from 6th grade through high school was hanging out at a car lot (he had lost his) and a girl came by and admired a car on the lot. He got the keys for her and encouraged her to take it for a tryout ride. When she returned, he had sold her car which she left. No title, nothing. She never got the car back and charges were filed on him but nothing has ever come of it. He is in his seventies and they really don't want the expense of putting him in jail. They do watch him closely now.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 PM

I wonder if this man just said he sold it to an Amish woman so that your friend would not ask for the phone #. If he was bold enough to sell a machine that didn't belong to him, he would be bold enough to give additional lies! I too think it is sad that your friend didn't feel she could stand up for herself.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM

that is so crazy i would still be wearing either stripes or one of those adorable orange jumpsuits.I used my treadle for 30 yrs before I fell off a roof and fractured both sides of my hips I still feel like I'm cheating using electric dut my sweet old girl is still being used my brother does re-ulpholstering /he has to do it here I wont let her out of the house :-D
Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM

unbelievable......
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 PM

My mother didn't stand up to the man who stole two of my porcelain dolls when I was a child. She took them in to be repaired and when we came to get them, they were "lost". As they were gifts to me from relatives in Europe, we were convinced that they must have been collectibles. His business would have received a lot of bad publicity if it were done to me today.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

POLICE ------immediately without a doubt.