Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Can you help us to get rid of a telemarketer? >

Can you help us to get rid of a telemarketer?

Can you help us to get rid of a telemarketer?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 PM

My DH read some place that if you start hitting the # or the * quickly while they are talking, your number will be deleted from their calling list. so he does this. Sometimes when he has to much time on his hands he askes them to hold and then when he comes back if they are still there he starts talking about a different subject and then asking about their family and any thing he can think of. Some times he puts them on hold or just lays the phone down for quite a while. You would be surprised how many keep holding.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 PM

I have asked them for their home # & I would call them later. They say they can't do that. LOL Also I asked one to hold on a second. I put the phone down & went about my business. Just don't forget to go back & hang the phone up. They won't stay on there too long! LOL
Old 10-20-2010, 10:42 PM

1. block the number.
2. The party is deceased.
3.any future calls will be forwared to the A.G.'s office.
hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:45 PM

never give away info.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 PM

Have a look at this, but put your coffee down first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKmpbJuMT40
Old 10-21-2010, 03:53 AM

we had that problem but now we have a phone i can program their number under the app for blocking what ever number you want blocked. it is a panasonic we got at wal mart.works great.each time a telemarketer calls there number goes in that. i just don't answer the ones that don't show a number.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:05 AM

I got a call from a well known home security company this week. With Ray being so sick and me so stressed I started laughing hysterically. Every time the guy took a breath I said, "I have Dobermans". He went on for about 5 minutes telling me how I really needed this service and what I could get for free. I finally said, "Evidently you can't hear me! I already have a security system in my house that is on 24/7/365 - Gracie Speak!" Gracie barks. Guy says " Uh, OK." and hangs up. LOL

Generally I ask to speak to their supervisors supervisor. I put them on speaker phone and go about my business. They eventually come back and tell me that person is unavailable etc..... That's OK, I have no problem waiting. When supervisor eventually answers I tell them that I have a record of how many times I have asked them to take me
off their call list and if I ever hear from them again I will have my lawyer, that is on retainer, sue them for harassment. Have a blessed day, and hang up. I have yet to hear back from any of them.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:23 AM

LOVE T!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Blow a whistle as loud as you can into the phone each time they call.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
We've been getting hounded for over a year by one particular telemarketer whose "crew" insists on talking to "the owner" and won't take "No, don't EVER call us again!" for an answer.

In fact, the more we tell them not to call, the more often they do.

Since we're a business, the "Do not call" registry doesn't help us.

So... since we can't seem to make them go away, can you help us have some fun with this? We're trying to come up with something that might drive them away while allowing us to get our laughs for the day.
Your new speech; "Oh, hi, I've been waiting for your call! I just knew if I waited long enough, I would hear from you again. I have missed you! Could you call everyday so I can just listen to your voice? Then say nothing........................................... .....................Thank you that's all I can take for one day. Please remember to call tomorrow!" Click.

Use the same speech everyday. They will get the hint. DO NOT ANSWER any questions they ask. That is what makes your number a good one to repeat! You are engaging them. Don't. Good luck.