Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Check Your Bank Statements for New Charges >

Check Your Bank Statements for New Charges

Check Your Bank Statements for New Charges

Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 AM

Also, did you know even after you close a bank account, the bank can re-open it and start charging you fees, if a deposit or withdrawal is attempted? It is called a zombie account.

I say good luck trying to get me to pay any fees when my balance is zero. What are they going to do, put a black mark on my "permanent record"?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Also, did you know even after you close a bank account, the bank can re-open it and start charging you fees, if a deposit or withdrawal is attempted? It is called a zombie account.

I say good luck trying to get me to pay any fees when my balance is zero. What are they going to do, put a black mark on my "permanent record"?
Yes. I did this years ago, I was unhappy with a bank so I moved all my accounts to a different institution. They charged me $140 worth of fees and it went on my credit report - and STAYED there.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Arleners View Post
That's why I belong to a credit union. Unfortunately through the years I have seen them get more like banks, but they still have different rules and supposedly are owned by the depositors.

I don't know if that makes me a communist or something, but I don't care if the bottom line is in my favor.
Me too. I've been a member of a credit union for 22 years and there is not a damn thing the banks can do that will get me to change. They've offered me $100 to open a checking account, I just laugh and hang up. And I don't think it makes you a communist, I think it makes you a savvy consumer!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM

Just call them Loan Sharks, Somehow they manage to get away with this, and then they cry "Bailout".
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM

You have to watch the banks, I have a cd for a good amount and it was not listed, on my statement. The one teller
sent me to an office person , she did not see it, another offic person and she found it. By law they do not have to
put all accounts, cd etc. but once a year. I said, well I want them listed every month as it has always been. She said
she would. Another person I talked to said if you have an account that has not been active in 2 yrs. they take off by new law, and you have to go reinstate it. She said they have been having trouble with people borrowing money from
accounts and plan to replace it, but don't always. This would be people working at the bank. She said it is getting bad. You have to go to bank and tell them prove it, and don't take any silly excuses, they have to cover for the bank.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:52 AM

I have absolutely no loyalty to a bank. Once they start taking away features and charging fees, I'm off to a different bank that treats me better. So far I have always found a better bank.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:02 AM

everyone should quit their banks and go to credit unions
Old 06-01-2012, 05:45 PM

My credit union started charging me $5 per month for not using my acct. Didn't notice for 3 months & lost1/2 the acct. Finally closed it. So they r no better than the banks
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM

I don't understand how I can use my check card to make a purchase, and the money is removed from my account immediately. BUT, if i return an item it takes 3 days for it to reappear in my account.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 PM

I bury my money!